Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Any Updates from Rex Simulations?

Any Updates from Rex Simulation, other than they are working on their stuff... I wonder if MSFS has thrown them a "curve ball"... Would have thought that the update for Rex SF3D for V5 would have been out by now... and at least some roadmap for Rex EF other than "Under Review"...

Faisal Niazi

Nope! 

In 15 days it isn't going to matter to ME (not you, ME) any more. 

PS: On the BETA 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I`m still waiting it matters to me.

PS: On the Beta.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Have a feeling that they have lost momentum - silent, constant sale, no updates ...

Artur 

they posted this yesterday in their discord:

PRODUCT: 
REX 5 – Sky Force 

BUILD: 
Technical Update 2.5 

Debug Phase 

ISSUE DATE: 
Monday, August 3, 2020 

DEVELOPER MESSAGE: 
Hello Everyone - 

As we have stated in previous developer updates, REX is presently going through a transition since the recent announcement of the release of the new simulator. 

Part of that transition has been to put all development on hold until after the transition process has been completed.  We have nearly completed all tasks in this transition.

We will begin to prep a new test build for Sky Force within the next couple of weeks. 

Our target for starting the Beta Cycle testing should begin around August 20th.  However, this date is very fluid right now. 

Thank you for your patience as we transition into this new phase. 

NEXT UPDATE: 
Monday, August 20, 2020

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 hours ago, Gadget FPV said:

Any Updates from Rex Simulation, other than they are working on their stuff... I wonder if MSFS has thrown them a "curve ball"...

I think you're right in that assessment! 😉

#Re Environment Force, looks like they are still thinking this one through. Also part of the latest update from the Developer yesterday was:

On-Hold: - REX 5 – Environment Force

Because Environment Force was originally developed for DirectX 11 and Prepar3D v5 is DirectX 12, we have concluded there is a tremendous amount of work to convert this project to support P3D v5. Therefore, we have put development on this product on hold until all other products have entered their pre-deployment phase.

I too hope they will come out with the Rex SF technical update for v5 in the not too distant future.In the meantime I make do with the default v5 cloud textures along with the Beta 8 ASP3D.

Regards

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

For me the least think that really missing in mine P3dv5 is the Rex weather... have a simple hope and waiting 

What I don’t understand is that why would anyone even need any REX products as all the issues or low res textures, clouds etc that REX (any of their products) meant to solve is great in P3D5. And as far as I know none of the products available right now could change cloud textures as they are no longer just 2D textures looking like 3D clouds - hence it’s a completely new system I don’t see what product they would want to make P3D5 compatible.

Edited by Balint Szarka

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

21 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

What I don’t understand is that why would anyone even need any REX products as all the issues or low Rex textures, clouds etc that REX (any of their products) meant to solve is great in P3D5. And as far as I know none of the products available right now could change cloud textures as they are no longer just 2D textures looking like 3D clouds - hence it’s a completely new system I don’t see what product they would want to make P3D5 compatible.

when I look at the real sky, the clouds seem to me mostly structured and not very blurry like in v5 which seems exaggeratedly unreal to me, rex seems to me much more realistic.

Yeah I am gonna skip all REX all together.  The whole Airports HD didn't work as well intended; and discord support is not my thing.  Wish them well.  I actually have pretty much all their products just never used them after first few uses.

I am hoping with MSFS2020 we do not need tons of other apps to make the sim pretty.  I want to spend time flying than tweaking.  Current FSX/ESP engine is outdated but fixed with band aids.  There is so much bandaids can do.  Time for a new era

• Like 4

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

11 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Current FSX/ESP engine is outdated but fixed with band aids.

Actually its long gone. This "ESP engine in P3D" is just as accurate as to claim MSFS is just revamped FSX engine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Just imagine what`s going to happen when MSFS goes to DX12.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Just imagine what`s going to happen when MSFS goes to DX12.

Huh?? MSFS is not DX12 out of the box?

well that’s a bummer! Considering.

mike

I feel like REX is toast to be honest. And I do own quite a few of their products.

• Like 2

As someone with no intention to get MSFS for at least the next 12 months, and even so planning to retain P3D for the longer term - I really do hope they update it - but I have half a feeling that they wont.

Although, if I point Sky force 3D to the P5D folder, the cloud and sky textures install and look great.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg