Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Any Updates from Rex Simulations?

20 hours ago, flycln said:

I feel like REX is toast to be honest. And I do own quite a few of their products.

I think you're probably right. I've had some very good times with Rex products over the years, but they've been so slow to update things lately that I find myself using ActiveSky products instead. 

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I think they invested a lot of resources in REX environment and it was in the process of being finally optimized for V4.5 when we had the news of V5.  

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Well P3Dv5 was a surprise and it wasn't.

Pretty much everyone knew that v5 would come in 2020 given there had already been a raft of updates by LM for the v4.x platform and v4.5 was released back in April 2019.

Rex should have been expecting v5.

On the other hand v5 has some significant updates so I can somewhat understand why there's been no release of the TU for Skyforce etc.

I am flying the Beta for ASP3D with the default v5 cloud textures and its not that bad and having done a few flights seems to be stable.

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

V5 was a move to DX12 big step for addons, MSFS lovers take note when that goes DX12 hopefully not before the Nvidia 4000 series GPU you may need one.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 8/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, flycln said:

I feel like REX is toast to be honest. And I do own quite a few of their products.

I think they should/will develop for P3D (v5). I think REX is toast when it comes to MSFS 2020 because I do not think REX is needed for MSFS 2020. I mean what could REX improve when when it comes to the new sim? 

46 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

MSFS lovers take note when that goes DX12 hopefully not before the Nvidia 4000 series GPU you may need one.

Since Asobo will develop MSFS for the new Xbox (whose design is already frozen and uses DX12), I am sure they wont make such a mess when transitioning from DX11 to DX12 as Lockheed Martin did.

Way too much commercial risk.

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, Joseph29 said:

I think they should/will develop for P3D (v5). I think REX is toast when it comes to MSFS 2020 because I do not think REX is needed for MSFS 2020. I mean what could REX improve when when it comes to the new sim? 

Well, since you asked: I took no screen shots but, if you saw what I saw in terms of cloud shapes the other day, the question becomes "when will REX or HiFi ASCA become updated for MFS?" I was over northern Georgia in live weather, lots of storms and clouds/rain around. The shapes depicted are best described as something one might 'see' when hallucinating. I've never experienced any hallucinations for real...but that's what came to mind. They looked ugly, bizarre, and more like menacing creatures than menacing weather clouds. Also the silly smashed potato look! 

I know, we all have our perspectives. This one is mine and I do not like the clouds, so pulling for REX/HIFi to do their thing, please.         

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

3 hours ago, SAS443 said:

Since Asobo will develop MSFS for the new Xbox (whose design is already frozen and uses DX12), I am sure they wont make such a mess when transitioning from DX11 to DX12 as Lockheed Martin did.

Way too much commercial risk.

XBOX will run DX11 titles and i don`t think you will have to wait to long before it`s on the XBOX, hence the Camera modes and the drone, gamers will like that they spent some time getting that in. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

We will be publishing more information soon.  Since the start of January 2020 we were feverishly working on updates for Sky Force and Worldwide Airports for Prepar3D v5.  Sky Force Creative Update 1.0 content for P3D v5 is done, we are just adding the file structure into the code and database.  Worldwide Airports still has some texture work to be done; especially, related to Jetways as they have changed significantly.  We have improved the other areas.

We paused development and testing once we heard that MSFS2020 was going to be released in August.  This was a little earlier than we expected and thus certain company protocols kicked in as a result.  

Now that it has been released we will start up development and testing within a few days for Prepar3D v5.

Environment Force is a much different beast.  This will involve a whole re-write of the program so this is currently on pause until we get the other programs done.

Edited by rstough
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On 8/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, flycln said:

People said the same thing about ORBX and scenery developers when the news of MSFS came out.. today most of the available 3rd party content for MSFS is coming from ORBX and other scenery developers..

Conclusion:

Nobody is toast.. people adapt, evolve and shift their business.. and nobody can predict the future.. it is a wait and see game really.

S. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rstough said:

We will be publishing more information soon.  Since the start of January 2020 we were feverishly working on updates for Sky Force and Worldwide Airports for Prepar3D v5.  Sky Force Creative Update 1.0 content for P3D v5 is done, we are just adding the file structure into the code and database.  Worldwide Airports still has some texture work to be done; especially, related to Jetways as they have changed significantly.  We have improved the other areas.

We paused development and testing once we heard that MSFS2020 was going to be released in August.  This was a little earlier than we expected and thus certain company protocols kicked in as a result.  

Now that it has been released we will start up development and testing within a few days for Prepar3D v5.

Environment Force is a much different beast.  This will involve a whole re-write of the program so this is currently on pause until we get the other programs done.

Is anyone tending the store?  I'm trying to redownload my Radar program I purchased from the Rex store, but there's been no response.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Looking forward to Worldwide Airport for V5, this is why P3D will be my main sim i love making my sim the way i want it. Keep up the good work REX.

Raymond Fry.

46 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Looking forward to Worldwide Airport for V5, this is why P3D will be my main sim i love making my sim the way i want it. Keep up the good work REX.

+1 WA HD

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64