Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Any Updates from Rex Simulations?

Thanks for this communication.

Personally, I think you are (quite righly) coppping this criticism entirely because since the release of P3Dv5, the communication out of REX studios has been scant at best. Couple that with the loss of the REX forum and I think its fair that most loyal customer are angry.

I'll tell you, I will hesitate to purchase a future REX product, because of the lack of transparency until now. I know quite a few others who have the same opinion as myself. 

In the customer service game, there is no such thing as over-communication, but under communication is damaging to your brand loyalty.

Edited by w6kd
removed excessive quote
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

On 9/13/2020 at 1:42 AM, rstough said:

There are several things we that I would like to address in this post:

1.) Product understandability:

To make sure everyone knows WHAT our products are about, let me define them here by their names for those that are NEW to REX.  Those of you who are not new, but continue to struggle with this, maybe this will help.  However, I think our names are pretty straight forward.  When you think of the term APPLE or WINDOWS you would naturally think a fruit or a something you look through out of your house, but yet we ALL know those terms.  SO I think some of the arguments here are more personally than truly legit.

Reed, that's a odd and very defensive approach. Your long-term customers are telling you loud and clear that your product line is confusing. If I was you, I would listen and adapt, rather than declaring that the argument is not made in good faith.

REX used to make decent texture products, but you should be paying attention to the fact that your loyalists are giving up on the company. I've personally defended Skyforce in these forums after it was released, but we've now had too many years of over-promising and under-delivering.

If your team is small, you need to release less products - and support them properly. Prepar3d is an evolving platform. If you're developing for it, you need to commit to offering updates in a timely fashion. There is little use in updating your products for a new P3D version near the end of its product cycle (see: Airports HD). 

Develop a few products rather than the current mish-mash, update promptly (as your main competitior, Active sky does - it takes them days rather than years) and move away from over-hyping products.

I also think that closing your forums is a ill-judged move, as it comes across as trying to control the narrative when what you should be doing is listening to your customers.

I've had some good times with Rex products in the past, and hope to see you releasing some quality products in the future.

Cheers!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

+1 on all @OzWhitey has said.

I've been a loyal REX supporter for years, and I think my support would be retained with a smaller, less confusing, but also promptly delivered set of products.

P3Dv5 released in April, there has been plenty of time. Time to get back on board with your customers, re-open the forum and keep your business alive, we all still want you here!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

19 minutes ago, severniae said:

... re-open the forum ...

THIS!

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

17 hours ago, severniae said:

Personally, I think you are (quite righly) coppping this criticism entirely because since the release of P3Dv5, the communication out of REX studios has been scant at best. Couple that with the loss of the REX forum and I think its fair that most loyal customer are angry.

I'll tell you, I will hesitate to purchase a future REX product, because of the lack of transparency until now. I know quite a few others who have the same opinion as myself. 

In the customer service game, there is no such thing as over-communication, but under communication is damaging to your brand loyalty.

+1000

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Reed, that's a odd and very defensive approach. Your long-term customers are telling you loud and clear that your product line is confusing. If I was you, I would listen and adapt, rather than declaring that the argument is not made in good faith.

REX used to make decent texture products, but you should be paying attention to the fact that your loyalists are giving up on the company. I've personally defended Skyforce in these forums after it was released, but we've now had too many years of over-promising and under-delivering.

If your team is small, you need to release less products - and support them properly. Prepar3d is an evolving platform. If you're developing for it, you need to commit to offering updates in a timely fashion. There is little use in updating your products for a new P3D version near the end of its product cycle (see: Airports HD). 

Develop a few products rather than the current mish-mash, update promptly (as your main competitior, Active sky does - it takes them days rather than years) and move away from over-hyping products.

I also think that closing your forums is a ill-judged move, as it comes across as trying to control the narrative when what you should be doing is listening to your customers.

I've had some good times with Rex products in the past, and hope to see you releasing some quality products in the future.

Cheers!

Well Said!

Chris Camp

8 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Cheers!

That is not an odd and defensive approach. I think you are assuming the masses are yelling loud and clear, but AVSIM is not the masses.  I interact with way more than those that post here and less than a handful of people have expressed this opinion. Our website clearly defines what our products do.  SKY...AIRPORTS...ENVIRONMENT.

What I think does cause a problem is we continue to support older products. Most other companies do not. So that is where some overlap and confusion can occur.  But as far as what products we sell right now I think they are clear so do many others.

Look we are going to have to agree to disagree about the forum.  I made my point clear as to why the forum was closed. It did not serve its purpose in handling support. Out of ALL the support tickets our team has handled since we switched there have been maybe 3 to 4 people complain about not having a forum.  Again the masses do not agree with what is being stated here on AVSIM.

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 hours ago, severniae said:

+1 on all @OzWhitey has said.

I've been a loyal REX supporter for years, and I think my support would be retained with a smaller, less confusing, but also promptly delivered set of products.

P3Dv5 released in April, there has been plenty of time. Time to get back on board with your customers, re-open the forum and keep your business alive, we all still want you here!

I am sorry you feel that there has been plenty of time since April to get things done.  But again like I have stated before the complexity of the products do not permit a rapid turn around like you ask for.  We are not just talking about code here. Sorry to be a little blunt, but we are referring to in many cases over 5gigs of textures that have each be tested one by one. 

NOT an easy or fast task.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

19 hours ago, severniae said:

The communication has not been scant.

Here is a list of our posts related to P3D v5 support since its release:

5/12 - 1st email blast went out to all customers on file about P3D v4.5 support and P3D v5 support and direction

5/15 - 1st post on Discord about P3D v4.5 and P3D v5 compatibility as well as on social media and website

7/6 - 2nd post on Discord and Social media about P3D v5 compatibility updates

7/14 - 2nd email blast with update on P3D v5 compatibility went out to all customers

8/3 - 3rd post on Discord and social media about update with P3D v5 combability

8/31 - 4th post on Discord and social media - small update on developments

9/8 - 5th post on Discord and social media about progress on P3D v5 compatibility

Not sure where we are not keeping everyone in the loop with things or being transparent.  We made it clear in August we put all development on hold and the reason why and that we will be ramping up again shortly.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

It is really hopeless to see how REX is battling his customers. As I have said....I am already out. But a little bit speechless I am. 

• Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

It is really hopeless to see how REX is battling his customers. As I have said....I am already out. But a little bit speechless I am. 

Totally agree.

In the past I have purchased several products but no more.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

53 minutes ago, rstough said:

That is not an odd and defensive approach. I think you are assuming the masses are yelling loud and clear, but AVSIM is not the masses.  I interact with way more than those that post here and less than a handful of people have expressed this opinion. Our website clearly defines what our products do.  SKY...AIRPORTS...ENVIRONMENT.

What I think does cause a problem is we continue to support older products. Most other companies do not. So that is where some overlap and confusion can occur.  But as far as what products we sell right now I think they are clear so do many others.

Look we are going to have to agree to disagree about the forum.  I made my point clear as to why the forum was closed. It did not serve its purpose in handling support. Out of ALL the support tickets our team has handled since we switched there have been maybe 3 to 4 people complain about not having a forum.  Again the masses do not agree with what is being stated here on AVSIM.

I also think it is.

@rstough: I cant see the masses posting great pics and vids on channels like reddit, disc or ytube like >1 Year ago. As I see it, you need months to update your products......after months new version of P3D comes out again.....and again you need months.....issues never really get sorted out, promisses can not kept...like on REXEF. And than this creative update on REXSF was anounced more than a half year (or almost a year?) ago. Your basis sim is updated even faster. To much to handle and to less time to make less but therefore good quality products.

How many questions did you have to answer over and over and over again about differences between rex ef and rex sf? How many questions about compatibility between your rex ef sf and toga or tomatoshade? Countless issues I saw on lots of forums. 

I would call it a big mess. And it must not be that complex.

Why you do not eliminate all older rex products regarding weather textures and only keep rexsf? Eliminate rex ef as it seems not to be needed anymore. Neither for MSFS nor P3D. 

Make REX SF great again. New better high quality sky AND cloud textures for those who fly without P3D EA.

Inject geographic based sky textures matched on place of flying so the skies match the location of flying a plane. Great feature in my eyes! 

Is rex airports really needed? I did not find it a good enhancement either. But that is my taste.

Please stop defending yourself and better search the interaction with your cuatomers. No one needs a new weather engine as ASP3D is very good and wide spreaded. 

But again....I am out as I did have to wait way to long for updates......and if 6 months is not enough for rex to develop the updates....than you passed or missed time to market. Something seems wrong on YOUR product end. 

Customers are not willing to wait THAT long several times in line.

Focus and quality counts. Less products with faster updates and great quality. 

My 2 cents.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR REX PRODUCTS AND WHAT THEY DO: 

Go to our website: 

FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES OR JUST TO COMMUNE WITH OTHER SIMMERS - Join our Discord Server 

For more direct support you have the following options: 

TO RESET YOUR SERIAL KEY: (Automated process) 

TO RE-DOWNLOAD YOUR SOFTWARE: (Automated process) 

FOR DETAIL SUPPORT: (This opens a support ticket with our support team) 

IMPORTANT:  For those using the Automated process to reset your key or re-download the software you will be required to provide your serial key and some general information such as the store you purchased your REX product from. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

26 minutes ago, rstough said:

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR REX PRODUCTS AND WHAT THEY DO: 

Go to our website: 

FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES OR JUST TO COMMUNE WITH OTHER SIMMERS - Join our Discord Server 

For more direct support you have the following options: 

TO RESET YOUR SERIAL KEY: (Automated process) 

TO RE-DOWNLOAD YOUR SOFTWARE: (Automated process) 

FOR DETAIL SUPPORT: (This opens a support ticket with our support team) 

IMPORTANT:  For those using the Automated process to reset your key or re-download the software you will be required to provide your serial key and some general information such as the store you purchased your REX product from. 

You have my respect Reed. But you seem completely to miss my (or may I say OUR?) point.

And I would be glad to help with Input. But the world between us is very big.....

Why does Rex try to solve with explaining......instead of eliminating the core of your problem......merge or reduce the productline......take redundancy functions out and get rid of older products. 

Also, and THAT is obviously here, you are not a tiny little bit responding to advices and suggestions from existing customers. 

Your last response refers to topics most of us know. But THAT is not the solution.

Really really not what I expected from REX. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I never understood the switch to Discord. Discord is truly an awful medium for product technical support. It's just a bunch of disconnected posts that may be great for communicating while gaming, but that's pretty much the extent of its usefulness. Whether the switch was done to save money or not, that's the impression that I got. A forum costs bucks to maintain and discord is basically free. You get exactly what you pay for.

I'm not going to add to the attacks on REX's timelines as I think that 3rd party flightsim developers have enough to worry about without users ranting about their products. REX's competitor HiFi is in the same leaky boat. MSFS has created turmoil in the 3pd market and not in a good way. MSFS has some substantial flaws and had Asobo released it with a viable SDK, REX, HiFi and a whole lot of other developers would have jumped at the chance to fix what's broken. It's becoming increasing clear to me that Asobo bit off a lot more than they can chew. Whether it was the "early" release of MSFS or some other directive from MS to hinder the 3rd party developers, it doesn't really matter at this point. I'm committed to MSFS for the long haul, but the warts are starting to become somewhat irritating, as we see that Asobo is more interested in the casual simmer. I guess that we should have expected that as a result.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2