Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Any Updates from Rex Simulations?

Well now that we have released the news about Weather Force for MSFS, we can also let you know about REX AXIS.  This is our new online product and support management tool.  This will be going into Preview shortly.  It will be like a managed community that will allow you to search our knowledge base and support items as well as manage the REX products your purchased. 

Phase 1 - Will allow you to manager your products and serial keys.

Phase 2 - Will integrate our new support system

Phase 3 - Will allow you to search the support ticket database and knowledge base.

We believe this will be a better solution then just having a forum.  Because it combines the best of both worlds.

• Like 4

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

55 minutes ago, rstough said:

Well now that we have released the news about Weather Force for MSFS, we can also let you know about REX AXIS.  This is our new online product and support management tool.  This will be going into Preview shortly.  It will be like a managed community that will allow you to search our knowledge base and support items as well as manage the REX products your purchased. 

Phase 3 - Will allow you to search the support ticket database and knowledge base.

We believe this will be a better solution then just having a forum.  Because it combines the best of both worlds.

Will this mean you will now get back to updating my P3D products for V5 

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rstough said:

Questionable. We will see and we will analyze it.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

A knowledge base does not replace a forum. Even if given a fancy name. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

So this Weather Force will be available also for V5 or only for Msfs?

54 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

So this Weather Force will be available also for V5 or only for Msfs?

It was promissed long long time ago for P3D (surely more then 6 months) and now it is coming first for MSFS (assuming here) and P3D is "parked".

If that is the case, I am really asking myself if REX is caring about his existing customers. WeatheForce was promissed as an free update on REXSF3D and isn´t still here.......in P3D....but announced for MSFS......

The message from REX was:

"We stopped/skipped all developments to rethink/redo the business case".

The Facts SEEM to be a bit different:

It seems they did not stop completely.....they shifted Development on MSFS products...otherwise they could not pronounce the weather force as "coming soon" (whatever that means on a time schedule).

I had always a bad taste about there promisses and communications......as you can read in my prior posts.

And I am asking myself if any weather addon in MSFS is really bringing something........(MSFS a really nice USP with his weather engine as soon as al issues are sorted out)

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

23 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

It was promissed long long time ago for P3D (surely more then 6 months) and now it is coming first for MSFS (assuming here) and P3D is "parked".

If that is the case, I am really asking myself if REX is caring about his existing customers. WeatheForce was promissed as an free update on REXSF3D and isn´t still here.......in P3D....but announced for MSFS......

The message from REX was:

"We stopped/skipped all developments to rethink/redo the business case".

The Facts SEEM to be a bit different:

It seems they did not stop completely.....they shifted Development on MSFS products...otherwise they could not pronounce the weather force as "coming soon" (whatever that means on a time schedule).

I had always a bad taste about there promisses and communications......as you can read in my prior posts.

And I am asking myself if any weather addon in MSFS is really bringing something........(MSFS a really nice USP with his weather engine as soon as al issues are sorted out)

Marcus 

Yes, I was expecting it also for Prepared like they promised! I feel exactly the same!

But let’s see what 5.1 brings with HifiSim and improved Atmosphere.

Edited by rob0203

I guess REX is stick with MSFS and no P3D??? How long has P3Dv5 has been out for 5 months and nothing from REX, MSFS has been out for what 2 weeks and they already have something for MSFS!

Edited by Joseph29
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph29 said:

I guess REX is stick with MSFS and no P3D??? How long has P3Dv5 has been out for 5 months and nothing from REX, MSFS has been out for what 2 weeks and they already have something for MSFS!

When i make the leap to msfs.. it will be with active sky Hifi simulations.

mike 

Five months after the release of P5D... still no updates for existing customers. 

But you found the time to work on MSFS. 

I’m not going to buy any REX products ever again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rstough said:

I'm not the smartest guy in the room so maybe I'm totally missing the point but  -  how is AXIS different than providing access to serial keys, a forum, and a searchable ticket system on your website?  

It's like saying that you've invented a new product called a FLAM that allows you to travel while seated, at high speed, while also enjoying your choice of music, with the add capability to share the experience with multiple other occupants.  Yep, that's called a car.

8 hours ago, rstough said:

Hi rstough, This is what customers are referring to, first you said that you were working on the versions for prepar3d V5, then with the release of msfs2020 all development stopped and you stated that in short term nothing could be done with this game, after few weeks having a better a panorama you said that development for prepar3d V5 started again, and now you are saying that is about to launch WF for msfs2020 before prepar3d V5. When we all know that prepar3d V5 is more stable than msfs2020. 
I really do not find logical sense between what you say and finally end up doing.

Regards.

• Like 1

I am very curious wich reaction and reason REX this time will have on this. 

They seem to have a huge loss of trust from their customers. I find this kind of communication very remarkable and silly. A shame that the persons in lead are probably also self responsible for this.

But why are they acting like this? Maybe the "REX-Crisis" startet much earlier as I expected. 

Good that Damian from hifi has more "managing-skills" and is much more responsive and quicker with his weather engine. I am very happy with hifi!

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

36 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I am very curious wich reaction and reason REX this time will have on this. 

They seem to have a huge loss of trust from their customers. I find this kind of communication very remarkable and silly. A shame that the persons in lead are probably also self responsible for this.

But why are they acting like this? Maybe the "REX-Crisis" startet much earlier as I expected. 

Good that Damian from hifi has more "managing-skills" and is much more responsive and quicker with his weather engine. I am very happy with hifi!

Marcus

Yes, this is a really strange thread. 

What I have learned here:

1. REX does not care about the opinion of Avsim posters, as we are "not representative".

2. The are releasing a new platform in three stages which has an impressive-sounding name (how long will the three phases take to roll out in REX time???). What will REX AXIS do? Well, in the first two stages I will now be able to do things like download the product I paid for and submit a support ticket. Revolutionary, not really.

3. REX will not be honoring their commitment to develop a proper weather engine for Skyforce at this stage, and will not be updating products for the current version of P3D. 

Once upon a time, REX used to make the best 2D textures for FSX and P3D. Now, it seems they make marketing fluff, don't listen to their customers and talk to the community in a condescending manner.

This thread provides an excellent example of how to alienate your fan/customer base. I have no idea why they think this is a good idea, but, hey, it's their company.  .

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

10 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Will this mean you will now get back to updating my P3D products for V5 

Yes we are firming up the Community group for testing now. This will be done Monday and we start testing Technical Update 2.5 next week.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com