Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Any Updates from Rex Simulations?

40 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, this is a really strange thread. 

What I have learned here:

1. REX does not care about the opinion of Avsim posters, as we are "not representative".

2. The are releasing a new platform in three stages which has an impressive-sounding name (how long will the three phases take to roll out in REX time???). What will REX AXIS do? Well, in the first two stages I will now be able to do things like download the product I paid for and submit a support ticket. Revolutionary, not really.

3. REX will not be honoring their commitment to develop a proper weather engine for Skyforce at this stage, and will not be updating products for the current version of P3D. 

Once upon a time, REX used to make the best 2D textures for FSX and P3D. Now, it seems they make marketing fluff, don't listen to their customers and talk to the community in a condescending manner.

This thread provides an excellent example of how to alienate your fan/customer base. I have no idea why they think this is a good idea, but, hey, it's their company.  .

I am sorry, but I must address your points here as they are not accurate.

Item # 1 - We do care about customers here at AVSIM.  Hence why we are releasing REX AXIS.  REX AXIS has been in the plans for a very LONG time. We always felt the forums were not effective. REX AXIS lets us to control the data ourselves which will allow us to provide a more robust support system in the end to search from. The reason is it will be taking directly from support tickets issued by customers.  So  you will not have search LONG posts to find an answer.  WAY MORE EFFECTIVE.

Item # 2 - It will not take long as Phase 1 is done and most of Phase 2 is done.  Phase 3 will be easy once we release Phase 2.  We were going to wait, but felt we needed to get it out when we release Weather Force 2020.

Item # 3- This is not true we made it clear in a very recent news post that we will continue support our products for FSX, FSX Steam, and P3D including development for P3D v5.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

4 minutes ago, rstough said:

Yes we are firming up the Community group for testing now. This will be done Monday and we start testing Technical Update 2.5 next week.

Ok, what does that actually mean though? Which product or products are you updating for P3D? When is the estimated date on which these will be available to customers?

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, alox said:

Hi rstough, This is what customers are referring to, first you said that you were working on the versions for prepar3d V5, then with the release of msfs2020 all development stopped and you stated that in short term nothing could be done with this game, after few weeks having a better a panorama you said that development for prepar3d V5 started again, and now you are saying that is about to launch WF for msfs2020 before prepar3d V5. When we all know that prepar3d V5 is more stable than msfs2020. 
I really do not find logical sense between what you say and finally end up doing.

Regards.

Do you really think we wanted our competition to know what we were working on?  Right now we have signs up for testing going on so testing for P3D v5 will officially start next week. Sign ups end Sunday for our Community testing group.  Our QA team will get back to testing P3D v5 as well.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

16 minutes ago, rstough said:

I am sorry, but I must address your points here as they are not accurate.

Item # 1 - We do care about customers here at AVSIM.  Hence why we are releasing REX AXIS.  REX AXIS has been in the plans for a very LONG time. We always felt the forums were not effective. REX AXIS lets us to control the data ourselves which will allow us to provide a more robust support system in the end to search from. The reason is it will be taking directly from support tickets issued by customers.  So  you will not have search LONG posts to find an answer.  WAY MORE EFFECTIVE.

I said that I have learned in this thread that:

" REX does not care about the opinion of Avsim posters, as we are "not representative".

You say that that is "not accurate", but I was responding to your posts that stated:

"That is not an odd and defensive approach. I think you are assuming the masses are yelling loud and clear, but AVSIM is not the masses.  I interact with way more than those that post here and less than a handful of people have expressed this opinion. Our website clearly defines what our products do.  SKY...AIRPORTS...ENVIRONMENT."

AND in a second post:

"But what I am sharing is that the posts here at AVSIM, DO NOT reflect the masses we engage with everyday via Discord, Social Media, and through Support."

Further, you are claiming that the future release of REX AXIS indicates that you care about Avsim customers. But if you were listening to the Avsim customers posting here, the message is loud and clear - AXIS is not a priority, support for the sim that was released 5 months ago is.

As per my other question - when is the projected release date for a version of Skyforce, Airports HD and Environment Force that is compatible with P3D v5?  In August you said "Now that it (MSFS) has been released we will start up development and testing within a few days for Prepar3D v5." In September we hear "Right now we have signs up for testing going on so testing for P3D v5 will officially start next week."

So when will these products actually be functional and ready for end users? What about the time frame for future updates for v5.1, v5.2 etc - do you have a process in place to roll out timely revisions when the core sim is changed, because you're going to need that for MSFS as well as P3D. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

26 minutes ago, rstough said:

Do you really think we wanted our competition to know what we were working on?  Right now we have signs up for testing going on so testing for P3D v5 will officially start next week. Sign ups end Sunday for our Community testing group.  Our QA team will get back to testing P3D v5 as well.

Do you consider ethically correct that you will punish P3D users that they have been waiting even longer. We bought yours's products since 2018 we have been waiting almost two year and you give preferences to msfsf2020 users only to get and own benefit.

Regards.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I said that I have learned in this thread that:

" REX does not care about the opinion of Avsim posters, as we are "not representative".

You say that that is "not accurate", but I was responding to your posts that stated:

"That is not an odd and defensive approach. I think you are assuming the masses are yelling loud and clear, but AVSIM is not the masses.  I interact with way more than those that post here and less than a handful of people have expressed this opinion. Our website clearly defines what our products do.  SKY...AIRPORTS...ENVIRONMENT."

AND in a second post:

"But what I am sharing is that the posts here at AVSIM, DO NOT reflect the masses we engage with everyday via Discord, Social Media, and through Support."

Further, you are claiming that the future release of REX AXIS indicates that you care about Avsim customers. But if you were listening to the Avsim customers posting here, the message is loud and clear - AXIS is not a priority, support for the sim that was released 5 months ago is.

As per my other question - when is the projected release date for a version of Skyforce, Airports HD and Environment Force that is compatible with P3D v5?  In August you said "Now that it (MSFS) has been released we will start up development and testing within a few days for Prepar3D v5." In September we hear "Right now we have signs up for testing going on so testing for P3D v5 will officially start next week."

So when will these products actually be functional and ready for end users? What about the time frame for future updates for v5.1, v5.2 etc - do you have a process in place to roll out timely revisions when the core sim is changed, because you're going to need that for MSFS as well as P3D. 

They are struggeling right now. I lost my trust in them. I wrote it often, their communications are a real mess. AXIS is wasted time as long as REX customers are not able to use compatible products. 

My feeling says REX shrunk to a couple of FTE DEVS and some do have already left the ship. Eliminate a support forum, most likely just to reduce costs, was a big mistake. 

Look at others. Support forums work as long as you manage the threads and spent time on maintaining them. But who at REX will do that.... if the HEADS of REX, the managing ones, do spent time on reading avsim and defending their politics instead of managing the company and lead your team.

Lots of text.....nothing said.....like too often was the case.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, rstough said:

Whats wrong with updating your products for P3DV5 as you already promissed more than months ago? Nothing secret about that.

But promissing something like that and afterwards no deliverables but communication about brand new products and supporting a new sim....that is not my kind of business......

To me it seems like REX is having way to many projects and products ongoing. NONE of your products is compatible with P3D latest version....that is a pitty after a release months ago. Something is very wrong if you ask me.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Reed & Tim @ REX,

Obviously there are some quite strong opinions voiced over your products here in this thread, but I think it's recognized, at least from my viewpoint, that this also takes some courage on your behalf to respond to the forum posts here.Not taking sides either way.

Anyway, if I may, may be we can turn this thread into a more positive one and the future direction of what REX is planning to offer their P3D customers?

I think the general consensus, if I could paraphrase all the comments, is that we still want you guys to be successful in the market place with your new portfolio of products with the hope that P3D is not left behind. I am convinced you have a core following of  P3D customers that care otherwise they would not bother writing forum replies.

So, since you did mention testing for the P3Dv5 update will start next week, could you guys offer us some insight as to what's coming with the Technical Update for v5? Is it "just" a compatibility update for v5 and what does that really entail from a development perspective?

How did v5 impact the cloud textures and what issues had to be overcome?

Second, I was  wondering what's in store for the Creative Update you have also communicated is in the works? Do you have anything to share there?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. 😄

Cheers and everyone have a good weekend.

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Well Weather Force is now officially released for MSFS, so hopefully we will see some progress on the planned P3D REX updates coming to fruition.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I have my doubts. Another product to maintain and support on a new plattform and  it is even released WITHOUT a proper SDK for this product (MSFS). Damian from HiFi did step back from MSFS as soon as he got a reply from MSFS that there are (yet) no intentions to enhance the SDK for this kind of products. What did REX? They did "find a way" to force there weather get injected.

And exactly this is what is, or at least can,  making products unstable. "Finding workarounds" and trying "somehow" to get it working. 

A example on P3D is  REX Environment Force. They also somehow get some "shader tweaking" done and now......P3D V4 HF3 came out and ethen it started to get lagging. Now with V5, there is no compatibillity anymore. Problems with REXEF came up. strange effects in the sim, strange "blue/chromish" coloring on objects and so far and so on. 

It does simply not work like that. 

With the fast process of updating via smaller increments on P3D V4.X or V5.X (or all other similar plattforms) it is not going to work anymore,

I simply can not support such products anymore. You spend your money on a "work around product" from a SMALL company that jumps on every "idea". They have too much products to handle and "NON" of them is currently compatible to V5 anymore.

Of course I know that there are some companies working exactly like that AND with succes. By they do maintain one product/productline and are supporting us for years now. So they do manage it very well, but that group is very very small!

I knew REX would bring weather force to MSFS. and I simply can not imagine what kind of ouitput I can expect from their product "on top of the standard in SIM" functionallity. And REX is again not capable of clearly explaining their product USP.

Already now users are asking on forums what REX Weather Force in MSFS does what MSFS is not being capable of......Again good marketing and little to no output.

I am really getting tired from such devs and companies who SEEM wanting to make money as much as possible but not giving the needed support for a LONG TERM customer relationship. REX EF was just 1 year old as the support ends (or stops inofficially as it feels to me) with the P3DV4.5 HF3 as it came out. Then it lasts months to get updated to it, Shortly after that V5 came out.......now 6 monts later we still have no update from REX.

I hope I am not allone seeing this kind of behaviour and please consider very well of spending your hard earned money on this kind of products.

IF I want to "throw money out on products" than at least on them who do NOT raise such high expectations like REX does. They promissed us REX EF and REX SF3D will get further updates within the next monrts after release (weather force within REX SF3D and new cloud textures, updates on EF and enhancements of the atmospheric behaviour), end end end. We got HARDLY nothing! No enhancements, just smaller fixes and updates on how you can update your products via their product UserInterfaces. And even these kind of updates are really having/had big issues. 

Over months we had "server problems" and could not even use their products on some time of the day. THAT gave me the thoughts REX is at "End of their Lifecycle". Even "RUN the business" isn´t working proper anymore. So "change the business" must be far away now. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

id say while the whole "hype" around ms2020 is fresh and all the fans are excited about throwing their cash around then REX would be a fool not to release a product for it. 

Does it help us on p3d , no ,  but they like every company in the current climate  they are trying to make as much money as you can because you just dont know whats around the corner.  

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

The Dev Federico who worked on REX WF for P3D got shifted to develop the REX WF for MSFS. 

He confirmed on the REX WF thread at MSFS Avsim he developped the REX WF. 

Now at least there seems to be a communcation issue as RSTough stated the development has stopped. 

To me it is clear that REX dropped existing products and their customers, at least temp, to jump on the MSFS hype train.

This is irritating me as I am waiting for months for their updates.

This is not a good sign and also not a good signal how they manage their products, support and customers

I did hope to find better answers but unfortunately they are as it is.

I am out and will never investigate a penny in that kind of practice.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Back to topic instead of the nauseating and tedious MSFS Vs P3D banality.

REX - can you please explain when you intend to release the P3Dv5 update for sky force 3d? You promised this months ago yet released a new add-on for MFS that wasn't on your roadmap, claiming you'd put development on hold when in reality you were sneaking out this.

When are you going to give some straight answers to your loyal customers!?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

The problem is not only with REX. The problem is also with Lockheed Martin. They've created a moving target with P3d5 by including the partial implementation of trueSky. This state of limbo has also impacted the development by HiFi of Active Sky. HiFi initially released a succession of public betas of AS for P3d5 and then stopped. Both 3PDs are now waiting to see what LM does with P3d 5.1.

In the interim, REX must have realized that much of the work that they invested in WeatherForce was applicable to MSFS because the sim shares a lot in common with FSX. As customer of REX and a user of both P3d5 and MSFS I'm not unhappy with what they did. 

REX Weather Force 2020 - Technical Update 1.0 Released, for MSFS2020, so looks like any P3D release is on the back burner, maybe they are waiting for P3D v5.X...

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi