Sign in to follow this  
alberchico

Video showing Niagara Falls released.

This is one area that needs improvement in the future. Also toward the end you get to hear some of the ambient sounds they've prepared for this game.

• Like 1

I presume the alert about the taxi speed being excessive upon landing was because he was way off the centre line on touchdown? Because he was definitely on the runway even though the landing was a bit ropey.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

58 minutes ago, Chock said:

I presume the alert about the taxi speed being excessive upon landing was because he was way off the centre line on touchdown? Because he was definitely on the runway even though the landing was a bit ropey.

i beleive he set down too early on the displaced threshold, that part of the runway is for taxi/take off only

Possibly, although it looked to me like he was actually on the runway. I guess if he did touch on the displaced threshold that might explain it, but I'm inclined to think that the program reads the entire area of the runway, including the displaced threshold, as the runway, otherwise it would potentially not read an aeroplane as being on the runway if it was using that part for an extended take of run, and that would cause problems for the ATC's logic.

Alan Bradbury

At 16:59 I had an FSX flashback seeing the dear old "leopard print" pattern on the ground 😃

• Like 2

Meteor Crater and other areas look really nice in that video, but Niagara Falls looks horrible, and the resolution of the photoscenery ground to the left as he is banking for final approach to that runway at the end looks very low (and also seems to be missing autogen buildings).....

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Qui, Mon Dieu c'est vrai; les Niagra Falls c'est horribelement. Quelle dommage.

Mais, les Alpes c'est vraiment magnifique!

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

22 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Meteor Crater and other areas look really nice in that video, but Niagara Falls looks horrible, and the resolution of the photoscenery ground to the left as he is banking for final approach to that runway at the end looks very low (and also seems to be missing autogen buildings).....

True. That does not look right/good. I wonder if some of these areas of natural wonders, shouldn't be manually handcrafted/moddeled? Either by Asobo or 3rd parties...

Definately room for improvement there.

• Upvote 1

🙂

7 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I didn't understand much, except "horrible, horrible!!", "c'est bon" and "magnifique!!" 🙂

Don't worry Andreas, it was bad french. I think the guy wanted to say "Yes my god, it's true the Niagara falls look horribly bad. What a pity. But the Alps, it's really wonderful!", which in somehow better french would give : "Oui mon Dieu, c'est vrai : les Niagara falls sont horribles. Quel dommage.  Mais les Alpes, c'est magnifique!

Anyway, Will Fly For Cheese has done a good job at trying to express himself in french and any french speaking person would have understood what he meant.

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

37 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I didn't understand much, except "horrible, horrible!!", "c'est bon" and "magnifique!!" 🙂

Just ride around on the Paris Metro for a day and the brainwashing effect of hearing: 'Attention à la marche en descendant du train' 20 billion times will tune your ear in pretty well. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

8 hours ago, Oliver Ooi said:

It would be really magnificent to see the crater from the air using VR.

Well, you can do that now without MSFS. In fact, I think I first built 25cm per pixel ortho for that area and flew it in VR in Prepar3d v3. Anywhere that is just mesh and ortho is actually not that revolutionary - it’s just that a lot of people never got around to doing that, or were not ortho fans for whatever reason, so have not seen what has been there all along if you wanted it.

Anyway, this is not to say that the new sim isn’t revolutionary - it is - it’s just that a portion of what people are currently getting excited about has been available for years with a bit of effort.

It the other environmental effects (good water, weather) and the objects on the ortho that make MSFS something different from what we’ve had before.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Other than the fact that i have no idea what language he is speaking - it’s not French, French is much sexier than that - I’m mainly distracted by the ATC saying “AFR 7717, you are TWENTY THOUSAND FEET above your assigned altitude.”

😄

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."