Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Vienna! First Airport!

24 minutes ago, honanhal said:

That’s the pricing/value proposition that will anchor your customers’ expectations, guys. I know, I know, your airports are better than what’s in these base editions. Fine. Are they 10x better? And can you convince your customers that they are?

Here's how they will convince you:

Are our airports 10x better than a non handcrafted default airport that we do?

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The idea that a large increase of the flight simulator user base (if any) will automatically translate in the same or close increase of the addon market is a fantasy. My speculation is that the law of diminish returns might be rather brutal.

And again if I sympathize with people financially limited, I do not think that asking  30 € regular price/15 € sale price for Vienna is really a shame. Also, let me be unpopular till the end, if we want addons, we have to accept that the devs want to get rich 🤣.

Plus, first MSFS has to build up user numbers and among those, simmers that are willing to spend money for addons in first place (although that might work easier with a well integrated market place).

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

11 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Here's how they will convince you:

Are our airports 10x better than a non handcrafted default airport that we do?

True. On the other side many developers increased their pricing from FSX to P3D due to the switch from an entertainment license to a professional license. I am curious to see if the return their pricing back to an entertainment one for the MSFS.

Edited by Charlie15842

1 minute ago, Charlie15842 said:

True. On the other side many developers increased their pricing from FSX to P3D due to the switch from an entertainment license to a professional license. I am curious to see if the return their pricing back to an entertainment one for the MSFS.

There will be plenty of ecxuses not to do so I guess.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, tweekz said:

There will be plenty of ecxuses not to do so I guess.

I’ve always been a bit sceptic about that pro vs entertainment license but this is a taboo topic here so lets move.

What is sure is that P3D created a new insane paradigm of development, breaking compatibilities several times a year with updates and hot fixes that were often of marginal interest and that TPD have to follow. Keeping their products up to date costs them money. I hope that Asobo will be more careful.

In any case we want TPD to raise the quality/sophistication bar and they deliver, product after product. To think that prices should stay low is also a fantasy. Price will steadily increase.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi guys, we just got another email from Microsoft stating they that sharing static screenshots (not videos) is finally OK, starting from now. 

So, as I suspected, Gaya DID breach the NDA, which triggered a relaxation of the NDA terms for everybody, which should put to rest all conspiracy theories that some developers has some kind of "privileged" relationship with MS, or access to some kind of a better SDK, which is nonsense. We are constantly suggesting additions to it, even right now, and I think you might know who's one of the main complainers contributors...

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

I imagine three groups of buyers at those price levels: collectors, people who like to fly there frequently and pilots who like to train there.

As for me, who may land there once or twice and then likes to explore other parts of the world, I don't know if any price would make me buy an airport. Maybe iPad / Android app prices that range from 0,99 to 2,99.

Edited by RudyB24
  • Like 3

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

this definately, i never bought one single airport for fsx, but instead went for allover improvements like hd trees.buidlings, orbx

regions. 

Don't forget that one of the expensive parts of developing a new airport in XP11/P3D is the price of the aerial imagery, and now with MFS you have it for free. 
I think, and hope, that the new trend in airport's development for MFS will be DCL packs with several airports, like regions but only with airports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Hi guys, we just got another email from Microsoft stating they that sharing static screenshots (not videos) is finally OK, starting from now. 

Can't wait to see some FSDT screens 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Can't wait to see some FSDT screens 🙂

Yup. GSX is the thing I have missed most after switching to XPlane. Hopefully this still will be possible in the new sim.

LOL.

Six pages of mainly speculations. Just wait until release date instead if all this blah, blah, blah.

Just now, Martvl said:

LOL.

Six pages of mainly speculations. Just wait until release date instead if all this blah, blah, blah.

Speculations are the main driver for an unreleased sim. If you don't wanna read just don't do it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Charlie15842 said:

Speculations are the main driver for an unreleased sim.

WOW, "the main driver", You really think that? Any way, I like to read all this because I like to laugh. After release date I will read the known things, so I can decide to buy or not to buy. At the moment there are to many unanswered questions.

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

So, as I suspected, Gaya DID breach the NDA, which triggered a relaxation of the NDA terms for everybody, which should put to rest all conspiracy theories that some developers has some kind of "privileged" relationship with MS, or access to some kind of a better SDK, which is nonsense. We are constantly suggesting additions to it, even right now, and I think you might know who's one of the main complainers contributors...

I wish you two wouldn't fight so much...I hate it when mom and dad fight. You two could be so good together....like you are with FSLabs  😁

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs