Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Orbx EU England is it worth it?

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Did EGLL to EGNT and got stutters, so had to uninstall. Looks nice but no thank you to stutters.

Try using one of the crossed-out aircraft in your sig like the MD-82 (rather than the CPU-crushing FSL bus), then you'll be able to use FTX England without stutters. You may even be able to fly with payware airports!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Try using one of the crossed-out aircraft in your sig like the MD-82 (rather than the CPU-crushing FSL bus), then you'll be able to use FTX England without stutters. You may even be able to fly with payware airports!

I only ever use Addon airport thank you, yet again your jumping to stupid conclusions. Do I tell you what and where to fly? NO. So what makes you think you have any right to tell me what and where to fly?  Did I even ask you? Pompous Self-righteousness...........come to mind.

Scroll down this page to see just a few screenshots all showing addon airports, you will never find any screenshots by me at a default airport as I have never used any. "You may even be able to fly with payware airports!" priceless comments as always from you. https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/17966-random-screenshot-thread/page/56/

As for the FSL again your talking out your backside it's wonderful in v5 at 1080x1920 even higher FPS than the PMDG NGu, your only one of the few that complain because you need 60FPS because of your VR. Yet again showing how silly you are for calling the FSL "CPU-crushing" when it runs better than the Ngu, both run wonderfully.

So all in all well done on your comments, showing yet again what a big clever boy you are.

If you want to make comments to me, PM me. I only replied to this comment as it was a direct quote comment to me. You might or might not have notices I make no comments on anything you reply to for some time. I have like I have told you many times, have no wish to engage with you at all on any level, asking you to add me to your ignore list clearly has not happened.

So if you must talk to me, or want to take this further PM me. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I only ever use Addon airport thank you, yet again your jumping to stupid conclusions. 

Pompous Self-righteousness...........come to mind.

Yet again showing how silly you are for calling the FSL "CPU-crushing" when it runs better than the Ngu

Settle down, Murden,

re: "because you need 60FPS because of your VR"

Speaking of "jumping to stupid conclusions", why on earth would I want 60 FPS for a Rift S? That's not the first time you've posted that random, incorrect number.

Anyway, you're the one who is writing FTX England off due to stutters. If you don't want to fly the excellent, expensive and frame-rate friendly aircraft that you bought - like the MD-82 and the Q400 - then that's your problem. I've flown v5 with FTX EU with both of those, and it works well for me, even in VR. With the FSL bus, yes I get stutters just like you. That plane is well-known to be a seriously CPU-heavy aircraft in P3D, and you're the only person I know of anywhere in the world of flightsim who becomes enraged when this fairly obvious point is mentioned. There's a lot of things I like about the FSL A320, but good performance is not one of them.

Finally, if you don't want to be quoted, don't post in a public forum. I have no plans to PM you now or ever, life is too short for the tedious conversation that I'm sure would result.

Cheers!

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Finally, if you don't want to be quoted, don't post in a public forum. I have no plans to PM you now or ever, life is too short for the tedious conversation that I'm sure would result.

jeez,

sounds like a break-up!

• Like 2

If you don't want to fly the excellent, expensive and frame-rate friendly aircraft that you bought - like the MD-82 and the Q400 - then that's your problem.

It's not a "problem", I don't like the Q400 as I prefer Jet airliners and the MD is wonderful but again I do not enjoy it as much as an airliner. But I bought them and don't regret it. But what I chose to enjoy and not fly is not a "problem" and if I chose not to fly them, just what has that got to do with you, or why you find it a "problem"? its clearly pains you as this is not the first time you have had a dig at me placing them in my hanger, good job I don't make a full list^^ your blood pressure would go through the roof if just that small list troubles you so much, I will keep them in my sig so at lease if I comment on them, people can see I have bought and flown them. I don't ever have a bad word for them, there simple not to my taste. Nothing more.

Here is a wonderful example of you talking down and how bad the FSL is and revealing 4 pagers later the reason why your performance is so bad "Myself, I fly 100% VR."  but for 3 pagers you forgot to include that informations anyway it's all here to read. It's a fun read.

I did not ask not to be quoted did I?, just for countless times ask you to add me to your ignore list as like above I have no wish to have anything to do with you.

If you had anything about you, you would clearly see my disdain for you and probably likewise for me, so please do what i've done and shown for the last weeks, could even be months, left you well alone and not commented on anything of yours I hope and asking the same courtesy from you is not to much to ask? 

About 2 years ago a guy who will stay anonymous, I won't go into any reasons for the fact he ask me through a PM (his forum not  this but he is on here a lot) that it would be best for us both to respectfully say out of each other's way. For that 2 years he has never quoted me or replied to anything of mine, likewise from myself. I respect him for it and we have both sayed out of each other way. Now for the very last time, I ask you respectfully to do the same.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

It's not a "problem", I don't like the Q400 as I prefer Jet airliners and the MD is wonderful but again I do not enjoy it as much as an airliner. But I bought them and don't regret it. But what I chose to enjoy and not fly is not a "problem" and if I chose not to fly them, just what has that got to do with you, or why you find it a "problem"? its clearly pains you as this is not the first time you have had a dig at me placing them in my hanger, good job I don't make a full list^^ your blood pressure would go through the roof if just that small list troubles you so much, I will keep them in my sig so at lease if I comment on them, people can see I have bought and flown them. I don't ever have a bad word for them, there simple not to my taste. Nothing more.

Here is a wonderful example of you talking down and how bad the FSL is and revealing 4 pagers later the reason why your performance is so bad "Myself, I fly 100% VR."  but for 3 pagers you forgot to include that informations anyway it's all here to read. It's a fun read.

I did not ask not to be quoted did I?, just for countless times ask you to add me to your ignore list as like above I have no wish to have anything to do with you.

If you had anything about you, you would clearly see my disdain for you and probably likewise for me, so please do what i've done and shown for the last weeks, could even be months, left you well alone and not commented on anything of yours I hope and asking the same courtesy from you is not to much to ask? 

About 2 years ago a guy who will stay anonymous, I won't go into any reasons for the fact he ask me through a PM (his forum not  this but he is on here a lot) that it would be best for us both to respectfully say out of each other's way. For that 2 years he has never quoted me or replied to anything of mine, likewise from myself. I respect him for it and we have both sayed out of each other way. Now for the very last time, I ask you respectfully to do the same.

Uh...cool story, bro. 

As the last poster in the 2019 thread you linked to said: "@OzWhitey friendly advice: don't try to argue with David, you will not get anywhere!"

There is a lot that I could say, but I think your post is best summed up by a quote from "Billy Maddison":

"Murden, at no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Take it easy, and I hope that you end up having fun with whatever scenery you decide to fly with.

• Like 1

Oz

"Murden, at no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Thankfully at no point did I stoop to your level of personal insults. You just said more about yourself than I could ever do. 

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

But ofc you could not even do that.

Edited by Nyxx

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thankfully at no point did I stoop to your level of personal insults.

Go back and read your posts, Murden. They are full of personal insults. Same as the last time. And the time before that.

The Billy Madison quote fits you perfectly I'm afraid, so deal with it and move on. I'd love to continue the discussion with you here, but I think we've cluttered up this (pointless) thread enough already.

Happy meet for a face-to-face chat to conclude the conversation if you like, cheers!

• Like 1

Oz

The ignore button goes both ways.. just saying. Nyxx - your request to be ignored has not been carried out, so perhaps you could ignore OZ from your side. That way you still get the same end result I believe.. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

The ignore button goes both ways.. just saying. Nyxx - your request to be ignored has not been carried out, so perhaps you could ignore OZ from your side. That way you still get the same end result I believe.. :cool:

I ignore 99% of that guy's posts, but it's a pretty small forum so we're going to be in the same conversations sometimes. I'd prefer a more constructive discourse, but if David wants to rant and sling insults at me - as has happened multiple times now - I'm going to respond at least occasionally.

Anyway, wasn't planning on further cluttering up the forum with a tiff, so I am 100% moving on. Cheers!  

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 2

Oz

12 hours ago, HighBypass said:

It was him that came into my topic and told me condescending to not fly the FSL and to fly the MD and make his sarcastic remark about add on airport. He clearly started this. I also asked him respectfully as it’s clear we don’t get on to ignore me, but they you go. He is added to the list.

Also I’ve stay away from any comments he has made for a long time but you read his opening sarcastic remark. Totally uncalled for, but probably meet to get a reaction I was wrong for taking the bait. He will probably do it again knowing he will never come of my ignore list. Wasted far to much time on this.

Thank you for your thoughts Mark. He is added with every box ticked.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

Put him on ignore. Works for me just fine.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:36 AM, Nyxx said:

So all in all well done on your comments, showing yet again what a big clever boy you are.

If that's not a not-very-well-veiled ad hominem attack, though, I dunno... 😉

• Like 1

Guys, can we return to the purpose of the original post and see if there's a solution to the stutters David reported in v5 with FTX England?

I would also like to know as I have OLC EU installed in v5 but not attempted to install FTX England yet.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:37 PM, vc10man said:

On that positive report, David, will now re-install mine too.

@vc10man -what was your experience/findings? Would love to hear about that. Any joy?

FWIW - I did check over at the Orbx forums and there seems to be some influence of tree cast shadows, i think related to whether Dynamic 3D Autogen and Shadow settings are enabled or not.

The recommendation was to turn 3D AutogenVegetation off and set the tree shadows to receive but not cast.

Can anyone confirm if you have these settings enabled/disabled? Maybe someone that has good v5 performance with FTX England in v5 can comment?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi Mark,

I think it was because of my v5 setting that would let my PC run the FSL/NGXu with not only great performance but LOD and Auto gen in the end set one back from far right. So not only did I get great FPS it looks fantastic with EA ON.

When I installed EU England from a top down view and loading up some airports and watching FPS and VRAM I saw no difference. So I thought I was getting a free ride. Also what I noticed was the detail at ground level was far greater than OLC.

But, when I did a flight from EGLL (simwings) to EGNT (Orbx) I noticed I got stutters, something that I hate and never normally have. 

My conclusion was, it's probably a combination of all of 3 of  these.

Just pushing my old PC to far

Needed to change my setting to bring back some more head room.

A larger demand on the dynamic texture streaming loading <properly this with my old PC ( no blurries but!)

So as I fly airliners and have v5 running better than any version I have used before, for me apart from when below FL100 the detail was not worth the loss. So instead of making it work with changing setting etc, I concluded I am more than happy with OLC Euro. I am sure I could set v5 to run it ok but for my type of flying I thought it was not worth the trouble, troubleshooting the problem when OLC and v5 runs so well without it.

Thank you for your thoughts about setting etc. Orbx regions England/scotland/ireland/Germany are all performance eaters.

When the 3080 comes out I am buying a new PC for V5/MSFS and DCS, 10900k@5 32GB RAM, 3080 etc but until then, I have to spent a lot of time balancing setting to get it just right.

Don't let my finding put anyone off EU England, I am very picky and sensitive to stutter etc. 

Mark, no one should use 3D Autogen Vegetation unless you fly very low and slow and can/want to see tress moving. Orbx HD trees or the new ones they do, Terra Flora2 are great.

Edited by Nyxx

2 hours ago, aldridgem said:

Guys, can we return to the purpose of the original post and see if there's a solution to the stutters David reported in v5 with FTX England?

I would also like to know as I have OLC EU installed in v5 but not attempted to install FTX England yet.

@vc10man -what was your experience/findings? Would love to hear about that. Any joy?

FWIW - I did check over at the Orbx forums and there seems to be some influence of tree cast shadows, i think related to whether Dynamic 3D Autogen and Shadow settings are enabled or not.

The recommendation was to turn 3D AutogenVegetation off and set the tree shadows to receive but not cast.

Can anyone confirm if you have these settings enabled/disabled? Maybe someone that has good v5 performance with FTX England in v5 can comment?

Thanks.

Not got around to re-installing Orbx FTX:England yet as I wanted this thread to finally say it's go-ahead, allied to the fact that I am holding onto drive space until the 18th when the new Game Of The Century launches. So, currently only using Global

• Like 1