Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

PMDG 23% off till August 14th

PMDG sale at their website, 23% off till August 14th

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thanks for this. I was thinking about buying the 747 with no expansion, but the cost would have been high in Canadian dollars, so I've been holding off. Looks like I can now get both for the equivalent of the original cost of the 747! 🙂

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Hi, Mark. If I recall, that was a limited-time offer. I'd be happy to be corrected, though.

Edited by JRMurray
Clean up a typo
  • Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Oh!

Hmm.. that 747 expansion looks nice... 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Would anyone recommend the 747-400 for P3dV5 even considering that the new Flight Simulator is right around the corner? Also, does anyone know if the 747 will be upgraded to use in the new sim?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Pete, I can recommend the 747, I’m on P3D 4.5 so can’t specifically comment on V5 performance but I’ve not heard anything negative.

The 747 is being made for the new sim but no time frame has been given, I suspect it will be a while.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 minutes ago, jon b said:

Pete, I can recommend the 747, I’m on P3D 4.5 so can’t specifically comment on V5 performance but I’ve not heard anything negative.

The 747 is being made for the new sim but no time frame has been given, I suspect it will be a while.

Thanks, rumor has it that this is the best of the PMDG birds. I may have to pull the trigger on it. I already have the NGXu and it is excellent.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I don’t have the 737 so can’t compare to that one  , but I’d say the 74 has to probably be the best heavy jet add on available on any platform.

it all depends on personal taste if you want a 747 or not, but if you do then this is the one to get.

Most of its Comparative high cost is because of its extremely complex system , options and failure modelling which may or may not be of interest to you.

The flight modelling is superb with pitch/power settings and general handling spot on, I flew the real one for over 20 years and can vouch for It’s accuracy. 

Like all add ons it has some minor quirks But I think it’s the best aircraft available for P3D

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Does anybody know if the NGXu at the sale price includes the free update to MFS2020 that PMDG was offering upon release of the product.

The NG3 upgrade for MSFS was only applicable to NGXu purchases prior to late December last year. It was also a discount rather than free, meaning you got the NGXu price discounted off of the NG3 price and thus had to pay less. The NG3 will also include the 737 MAX (provided it's back in the air by then) which is why it's more expensive.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Would anyone recommend the 747-400 for P3dV5 even considering that the new Flight Simulator is right around the corner? Also, does anyone know if the 747 will be upgraded to use in the new sim?

Cheers, Pete

The PMDG 747 is astonishingly good in terms of realism, but not only that, it's good in terms of system overhead too. It is undeniably one of the best add-on airliners you can get. 

With regard to the other questions, at this point nobody really knows, not even PMDG. Sure, PMDG will have a better idea on this than anyone in regard to what they are planning, but they are not clairvoyants, so even they don't know what the base simulation's condition will be at a time when they are preparing to release any product even if they were planning on releasing it on the 19th.

Nor is it clear whether it will be 'upgraded' or 'redeveloped'. This is a distinction likely to affect future pricing, and let's be honest here, you don't need to be a claivoyant yourself to know that PMDG doesn't exactly have a reputation for being the ragged-trousered philanthropists on that score.

That PMDG will make a 747 for the new MS sim is pretty much a certainty, iFly might do too, certainly Just Flight's 100/200 is going to end up in there as well. Question is, will PMDG call theirs an upgrade, or will they call it a new development. If it's classed as an upgrade, some kind of loyalty discount is a possibility, if not, then who knows?

But back to the main point. The new MS sim is of course flavour of the month at the moment, and it does look great, but just think how many peripheral bits of software you need to have that PMDG 747 be realistic in P3D, and ask yourself how long you think it will be before all of those are available for the new sim, not to mention how much that will cost as well.

Scenery is great in the new sim, but at 42,000 feet over the Pacific, P3D will look just as good, those pretty clouds will all be beneath you too, and since you'll be on autopilot as well, the flight modeling in P3D is more than adequate, especially when PMDG made it. I presume you'd be flying it to a nice payware airport you already have as well. With all that in mind, that price tag, especially at a discount, starts to look a bit more attractive, doesn't it?

• Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here