Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

PMDG 23% off till August 14th

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

The PMDG 747 is astonishingly good in terms of realism, but not only that, it's good in terms of system overhead too. It is undeniably one of the best add-on airliners you can get. 

With regard to the other questions, at this point nobody really knows, not even PMDG. Sure, PMDG will have a better idea on this than anyone in regard to what they are planning, but they are not clairvoyants, so even they don't know what the base simulation's condition will be at a time when they are preparing to release any product even if they were planning on releasing it on the 19th.

Nor is it clear whether it will be 'upgraded' or 'redeveloped'. This is a distinction likely to affect future pricing, and let's be honest here, you don't need to be a claivoyant yourself to know that PMDG doesn't exactly have a reputation for being the ragged-trousered philanthropists on that score.

That PMDG will make a 747 for the new MS sim is pretty much a certainty, iFly might do too, certainly Just Flight's 100/200 is going to end up in there as well. Question is, will PMDG call theirs an upgrade, or will they call it a new development. If it's classed as an upgrade, some kind of loyalty discount is a possibility, if not, then who knows?

But back to the main point. The new MS sim is of course flavour of the month at the moment, and it does look great, but just think how many peripheral bits of software you need to have that PMDG 747 be realistic in P3D, and ask yourself how long you think it will be before all of those are available for the new sim, not to mention how much that will cost as well.

Scenery is great in the new sim, but at 42,000 feet over the Pacific, P3D will look just as good, those pretty clouds will all be beneath you too, and since you'll be on autopilot as well, the flight modeling in P3D is more than adequate, especially when PMDG made it. I presume you'd be flying it to a nice payware airport you already have as well. With all that in mind, that price tag, especially at a discount, starts to look a bit more attractive, doesn't it?

Thanks for your response Alan! You and Jon have me convinced now. With the rare discount it seems like I can’t lose.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

31 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks for your response Alan! You and Jon have me convinced now. With the rare discount it seems like I can’t lose.

Cheers, Pete

You can't.😉

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I'm a tad biased... but I'd third the vote... she's grand, and I'd suggest you take the plunge if comfortable for your budget.  I like the 747-8 but I LOVE the 744 especially in the -436 flavor.  At 397T in a departure turn, that's as close as I'll ever come to "knowing" what a 744 driver feels like... Jon doesn't have to wonder, lucky blighter!

Hi JON!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Bought it, flew a flight to EHAM in the KLM 747-400M. Awesome bird!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

@PilotPete99 Nice one, I sure you’ll enjoy it, you did well to do a flight straight away, there’s lots to study !

@cavaricooper Hi Carl, it’s just a distant memory for me now, I’ve not flown her since March and most likely never will again as they’ve retired them all , just freight outfits working them now. So Flying the PMDG version is also as near as I can get now, and I Must admit to doing so with a heavy heart.

Flying the QOTS 2 heavy out of KSFO 28L with orbx true earth in VR making the right turn over the bridge Direct FMG, yep that’s pretty much exactly how it was. It’s so real I start thinking about ringing the upper deck galley for a cup of tea at TOC passing Sacramento !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

19 hours ago, JRMurray said:

Hi, Mark. If I recall, that was a limited-time offer. I'd be happy to be corrected, though.

I kind of forgot about the entire deal the offered.  I actually don't think there was any savings for the new 737 in MFS, just no penalty if you purchased the NGXu up front.  I will wait for release and not worry about it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

20 hours ago, bobrbend said:

Isn't the NG3 also coming to P3D. I thought it was.

The NGXu is basically the NG3 for P3D.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Sooo...what are the thoughts on the DC-6?  I'm thinking about just waiting for it in FS2020 when there are some good unpaved and smaller airfields to use.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have all PMDG planes except the 737U.  The DC6 is very good if you are into that sort of things.  Honestly I only have less than 5 hours on it but I barely open P3D these days.

21 hours ago, flyerboy said:

I have all PMDG planes except the 737U.  The DC6 is very good if you are into that sort of things.  Honestly I only have less than 5 hours on it but I barely open P3D these days.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Can anyone enlighten me about PMDG MSFS pricing? I couldnt remember anything about discount. 

I missed the change to get NGXu offer last year and i dont regret it since i fly mostly with FSL. But now i am thinking to get the queen but if i have to spend another full price for MSFS then I would wait until the queen is released for MSFS. 

9 hours ago, TrentXWB said:

Can anyone enlighten me about PMDG MSFS pricing? I couldnt remember anything about discount. 

I missed the change to get NGXu offer last year and i dont regret it since i fly mostly with FSL. But now i am thinking to get the queen but if i have to spend another full price for MSFS then I would wait until the queen is released for MSFS. 

Your going to have to pay full price again. I don’t think they specifically said that, but given if you purchase the ngxu today for p3d, it will be full price for the ng3 in msfs...so even though they didn’t say it about the 747(at least I haven’t seen anything about pricing), I’m certain you will have to pay full price again For msfs, which i have no issues with!

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I hope this sale comes back around in 5 years when my hardware can finally handle PMDG products. 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Your going to have to pay full price again. I don’t think they specifically said that, but given if you purchase the ngxu today for p3d, it will be full price for the ng3 in msfs...so even though they didn’t say it about the 747(at least I haven’t seen anything about pricing), I’m certain you will have to pay full price again For msfs, which i have no issues with!

Thanks!. I will wait in that case. I cannot justify spending that amount of money for the same plane. Did that when going to P3D. I'll enjoy my FSL for now. If I have to pay for FSL again then so be it but at least I can minimize the double purchase. Thanks again for your input.

57 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

Thanks!. I will wait in that case. I cannot justify spending that amount of money for the same plane. Did that when going to P3D. I'll enjoy my FSL for now. If I have to pay for FSL again then so be it but at least I can minimize the double purchase. Thanks again for your input.

I don’t blame you, I’m doing the same especially with msfs soon to be released. I’m almost certain that my days with p3d are coming to an end so I’m saving to invest in msfs.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.