Sign in to follow this  
Wbpark0819

How to edit the bmp file of ka-27/32?

Well, I bought Alpha Ka-27/32 Helix, But the Korean on the side (해양경찰, Coast Guard) with Ka-32S, But the writing was little bit annoying. So I tried to edit the skin, but... I couldn't edit the skin. It doesn't work with DXTBmp, and other dds viewers.

I changed name the .bmp with .dds, the texture broke.

How can I see/edit the locked? .bmp texture?

Welcome to the AVSIM forums!  Let me know if you would like your question moved the "Painter's How to Forum".

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

32 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forums!  Let me know if you would like your question moved the "Painter's How to Forum".

Umm..maybe? 

Was thinking you might get more or quicker answer there!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Use ModelConverterX to convert to a more friendly texture for editing. You can always substitute a converted/edited DDS version for the original BMP file. 

Also, I assume you have the mwgfx.DLL libraries for DXTBmp. If so, try running DXTBmp as administrator, it works for me with some troublesome Carenado Textures.
Paint.Net or GIMP (Fantastic Freeware) might also load those textures. But beware of Alpha Channels if present.
When possible, I prefer DXTBmp as it separates the Alpha channel, and I send the image or both to the editor.

Edited by RamonB

16 minutes ago, yurei said:

Use ModelConverterX to convert to a more friendly texture for editing. You can always substitute a converted/edited DDS version for the original BMP file. 

Yeah, I tried to Use MCX But it couldn't bring the texture, either.

1 minute ago, RamonB said:

Also, I assume you have the mwgfx.DLL libraries for DXTBmp. If so, try running DXTBmp as administrator, it works for me with some troublesome Carenado Textures.
Paint.Net or GIMP (Fantastic Freeware) might also load those textures.

Thanks! I'll try about it.