Hi Folks.

I am looking to purchase a new monitor for FS2020. My current monitor is a 34" flat screen LG 34 UM68-P. This has served me well for both FSX and Xplane11. However, I see that FS2020 is produced in 4k. Does this mean that we should be looking for 4k monitors? I really do not want to go down to 27" but I am finding that there is not a lot of choice for full 3840x2160 IPS, G-sync, DP etc. I don't mind a 32" screen and fancied the idea of perhaps a curved screen. However, a friend has told me that curved screens are usually only 2.7k. This is a surprise to me and I am unsure how that should be and what it means. There are lots of 1440 monitors but again, I am not techy enough to know if the new sim will display at its best at 1440 rather than 2160.

Could someone come in with some thoughts and perhaps some facts and figures regarding the differences between 2160 and 1440 and what it will mean for displaying the new sim at its best? I realise the difference in pixel count but not sure of the visual quality difference, if you know what I mean.

Regards...Ken.

Hello.

Can't say much... but
If You see the pictures MS posts on their weekly updates. Many are in 1920 x 1080, some are 2560 x1440 or 2560x 1600 and few are using 3840 x 2160 or more than that. Most important is video card and VRAM.
If I were You, I would wait, only 2 weeks to go.

Edited by RamonB

Using p3d v5, i get great results on a Curved Samsung 32" 1440p, leaving plenty of GPU headroom even with 8x MSAA enabled. i replaced a 28" 4K with my current monitor, just to give headroom for those night time overcast approaches into EGLL in the FSLabs with plenty of online traffic. Never looked back. I assume MSFS will be no different, but better to wait and see i guess.

Edited by Jetset408

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Hi Guys. Thanks for the input but I have managed to scrape my car this morning reversing out of the garage. Just a moments distraction and 'scraaaaappppe' Oops. Monitor is now on the back burner. What a bummer.

Cheers...Ken.