Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Scotland...on my mind...(with a Staggerwing)...

[Note: This post is triggered by a series of (delectable) recent "Scottish" posts around here, and a couple, too, on the "Stagger"...🙂...always have loved this plane, which, of course, is a Classic "American" biplane (first flight 1932...!), from the (remarkable) duo of Walter Herschel Beech and Olive Ann Beech (with due credit to designer Ted Wells), "with the goal to build the finest airplanes in the world". It didn't have a "happy" beginning, though, but, eventually, the model survived the test of time, to become an endearing symbol of its era, with, even today, many in flyable and (FAA) registered condition, along with numerous others on (static) display...]

And, regarding Scotland, I have to admit, so far (and, especially, in recent years), I've completely (and, of course, unjustifiably) neglected this "1/3"-rd of the island of Great Britain. Thinking with the ill-conceived bias of the "ill-informed", my (personal) justification has been, "Who wants to "SIM" that far north over there in UK, in the virtual world, anyway...🙂...?". My ignorance is reflected by the fact that, although, I've had, pretty much all the Orbx regions (NA/EU/AU etc.) since quite some time (e.g. I recall I had picked up the Orbx(NA/PNW) on the day of its release...🙂...), EU (Scotland) was my very last (Orbx) acquisition, in fact, from just a couple of months (or so) ago...prodded by a SALE, too...!

I realize this "Scotland" scenery, here, on my (humble) system (with its well-known (and well-documented) autogen pop-up etc. issues) may not look like the "real" thing, nor, fully match the expectations of the "natives" of this land or those who have had (past) ties with it, but, for myself, this is all I've now got, and it does not detract me...(of course, as we eagerly await the "new" SIM, the state of affairs, in terms of visual scenery, should drastically change...!). In this post, I've taken a short westward flight from Edinburgh (EGPH), near the wide estuary of Firth of Forth, to the city of Glasgow (EGPF) situated on the River Clyde (didn't know till today, that the "as-the-crow-flies" distance between these two historic cities, is just about 35nm)...! This trip, in the comfort of a Beech "Staggerwing" ("Private Executive Jet" equivalent of the day, but, with a P&W Wasp Radial Engine...🙂...), flies, here, at (only) ~3000 feet altitude, and tracks across the gentle rolling-hills and lush-green pastures, of my virtual Scotland.

Hope you enjoy this (sampled) set of images from this (short) flight with LastWorldLight repaint of the Staggerwing. [Again, I wish to state a debt of gratitude, to the other related (recent) "posts", here, for helping me re-discover (and enjoy) what I already owned (plane & place), but had neglected...!]. It was 35 nms (and ~35 mins) of simple but pure fun...! And, I wish to explore Scotland further....!

Thanks for any comments and thoughts...!!

[Orbx(EU-Scotland)/Alabeo(D17-Staggerwing)/REX]

8BssIB.png

bd0OhU.png

1nd7Xk.png

RDAvYH.png

YOq5IF.png

a4VpB3.png

v3mlcI.png

FS2FrW.png

7n5UDj.png

s0gvdC.png

qwMHlm.png

aYS7vq.png

gooaV8.png

4Q4Wg7.png

n4WvNB.png

Sy7dd7.png

1uIAGJ.png

nN6ksX.png

4sAnER.png

1e3kFd.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Very nice all around. Black panel looks nice and sharp.

John

• Like 1

John, Artur: Appreciated the comments...!!

John: Yes, I like this Black panel too....(goes well with the black artwork outside)...🙂...

Artur: Sure, A2A would be great...(on the new SIM, maybe, oh well, to be seen...)...BTW, I was looking a bit, and A2A, has (already) done an Accu-sim T-6 Texan with the Wasp Radial...and, here is another Wasp...🙂...

Just noticed these - interesting paint and a good collection of shots.  Especially liked your wheel landing in the last.

• Like 1

Thanks...!!

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

....Especially liked your wheel landing in the last.

This is how I just ended up landing, whether I intended or not...🙂....(at least there was no bounce, as I recall...)...

Unlike 3-Point landing of a Cub, that, I recall, you'd mentioned in one of the posts...here, in the Staggerwing, not sure, if (RW) 3-Point is even possible,...one thing is for sure, this is no docile Piper Cub...(I was comparing the Powerplants: (J-3 Cub (65hp); PA-18 Super Cub (150hp); and D17 Staggerwing (450hp))...

Of course, this is the "armchair" Pilot speaking....🙂...

***She's a Bonnie Lassie***⛳ ***

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

2 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

***She's a Bonnie Lassie***⛳ ***

Patrick: Thanks! Is it the plane or the beauty or maybe both...🙂...?

(BTW, seriously, I just noticed more clearly (see e.g. the 4th shot from the bottom), near the tail of the plane, the black strands, spreading forward towards the opposing strands...nice work by the painter....!)

• Like 1

. Great post and shots, P_7878. The Stagger is one of my favorite planes in P3D and the paint is truly art 😉

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080