Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

✈ The Autopilot Tried to Kill Us! ✈

MSFS autopilot/copilots are such jokesters........... 😇

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

The autopilot will be the biggest bossfight you have in MSFS. 😁

Bring it on! I love an unruly aircraft with a mind of its own.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

This has been flagged up for a long time with the bug reporting.

3 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

In MSFS, airplane flies you. 

Saw the video, then wept 😭

Edited by RamonB

Well, that clip shouldn't leave any doubt that it's not the pilot but the bugs in the autopilot.

My take on it all, is that as far as development, the propeller-craft were revealed first and the jets released to Alpha/Beta testers later.

They consequently appear to be the least far along as far as systems functionality, which is not that surprising as they are probably the most technically detailed as well.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This was a known facts since the early alpha. We just thought it would be further along in dev as this point. I'm sure Asobo will fix it in time.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

What is that line with the triangle on it at the top of the video?

13 minutes ago, eslader said:

What is that line with the triangle on it at the top of the video?

Dropdown Menu.

You can see it here

BTW: If i remember correctly , the author is NOT using AUTOPILOT

Edited by RamonB

Hm, as much as I appreciate the new icing model, but this seems to occur quite regularly. Of course I don't know the conditions that were prevailing, but I'd say I have yet to see that amount of icing in that short time during that weather irl. I'm not saying it can't happen, but that frequency in all these videos seems at least highly unlikely to me. Same with rainbows... Maybe this can be adjusted later.

10 minutes ago, badderjet said:

Same with rainbows... Maybe this can be adjusted later.

If we could all adjust the weather at will in real life, there would be a lot more rainbows........

• Like 1

Devons rig

9 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Well, that clip shouldn't leave any doubt that it's not the pilot but the bugs in the autopilot.

Not so sure it isn't partly the pilot. At the beginning he is adjusting the altimeter setting, but stops because he sees that as he adjusts it the altitude on the indicator is changing and he thinks that isn't right? Did anyone notice the liveries at 4:14?

Edited by desbean