Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Just a couple of shots over Tennessee

Nothing special here, not that my screenshots are anything special (maybe a couple of exceptions occasionally IMO!). I decided to get around to applying the mod to the lovely KCFS Seabee to give it a GPS and radio stack. I just wanted to dust off the cobwebs in some terrain with hills and lakes, and not wanting to wait ages for UK VFR photoreal scenery to load in I went with USA - decent mesh, OK landclass.

I think I forgot to lock the tailwheel for takeoff as the Mighty Tadpole wanted to exit stage left of the runway despite a bootfull of right rudder! :wacko:

JjpQdmV.jpg

VB02dCf.jpg

J67qW6x.jpg

Edited by HighBypass
Prefix added
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Mark:

Glad you ventured into Tennessee...out of your comfort zone a bit...🙂...where are you, here, at TN, btw...? It's quite a scenic state...the Smoky Mountains areas are breathtaking...(recall parking the Car on the roadside overlooks to enjoy the beautiful scenery...)...used to visit TN, by road, quite regularly....it has been a while, though...

The Seabee, here, is an interesting plane, it will always draw attention...!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, P_7878 said:

.where are you, here, at TN, btw...? It's quite a scenic state...

Well I took off from KJAU Jacksboro and did a water landing and takeoff somewhere in Lake Powell (as in "Ooh, I see a large body of water and I'm flying an amphibian!"), then headed roughly NE along a ridgeline. I guess I went into Virginia for a little bit before landing at KPBX Pike County Airport in Kentucky. I remember setting up a VFR plan in mid air to give me a magenta pointer on the GPS to Pike County: The Garmin 295 and indeed the cockpit in general appears to be quite dim although it is a good update to the stock product.

Like I say, quite vague, and it was one of those sim sessions where I just chill out and go VFR wherever it takes me. Totally against any real world flying where even in VFR one should have a plan! The Seabee was trimmed out and the steady drone of the 6-cyl Franklin was sending me to sleep! I had a couple of Red Bulls, but still landed after what was probably about 1 hour's sim time :cool:

I wanted a high visibility paint job and I reckon I created one! :biggrin: 🍻

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I see...KJAU...off Interstate I-75...I recall I'd taken that segment of I-75 several times to the Smoky Mountains....If you examine the map, just ~30 miles south of KJAU (nearabout Knoxville (KTYS)), one would leave I-75, and head East / South East to get to the Smokies...

So, yes, as you said, you've headed "NE", but if you'd headed "SE", you would have reached these (scenic) mountain ranges...they are under 6-7000', but, are often criss-crossing, and can be treacherous, especially if you're a stranger even though on a Mighty Tadpole...🙂...

• Like 1