Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Camera features in MSFS2020?

I'm really enjoying all the videos here and on YouTube of the various features of MSFS 2020.  However, I'd like to know HOW the camera in the sim works....specifically the ZOOM feature that is quick and smooth when zooming in on the cockpit or outside scenery.  It looks as though every tester is using a Track IR device!  Is the ZOOM a result of using specific keys on the keyboard, on the joystick, or the mouse?

I do have a Track IR, but I'd rather not use it if this terrific ZOOM is built into MSFS.

Stan

Have a look at this post and the video inside it:

• Like 1

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

1 hour ago, Mirach said:

Have a look at this post and the video inside it:

Thank you.  I missed that video somehow.  So....I assume you use the mouse along side of the joystick.  I'm so used to panning around with my Hat Switch.  Seems you will be using right mouse button along with the scroll wheel.  Will my Hat Switch be functional along with the mouse.  Still a little confused on how this camera is controlled.

Stan

27 minutes ago, spilok said:

Will my Hat Switch be functional along with the mouse

I have no idea, I hope it's assigned by default as in FSX or at limit it will be possible to assign the hat switch button to camera movement because I find it very useful.

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

I think you guys will be pleased with the camera controls.  Still can't say much else haha

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

26 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think you guys will be pleased with the camera controls.  Still can't say much else haha

I wouldn’t assume this. No one knows much about how the camera controls work or what they do. Can you explain why we will all be pleased?

i haven’t seen much discussion about it anywhere that I would be able to advise anybody that the controls are good.

We will all find out on the 18th though. I’m thinking we won’t all be pleased if reading through these forums is any indication.

Edited by tpete61

I know about them since I'm in the alpha.  Nuff said 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, tpete61 said:

No one knows much about how the camera controls work or what they do

There's so much not being shown or discussed in all these YT videos that it has become obvious all the footage which IS being shown has been well controlled by MS. It's as if they have provided a list of what features and airports can be revealed and YT'ers are sticking to that list.

there's still a few features i'd like to see implemented in MSFS camera system.. maybe they're already there, but haven't seen those in the camera system videos..

1. can we save camera profile per aircraft? (vaguely remember someone saying we can)

2. can we save internal cabin wing views and easily hop back and forth between that and VC?

3. can we assign hot key numbers to the various camera views (internal and external)

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Patience seems to me a virtue that is long lost, just wait simply 2 weeks and see for yourself

Easy !!!!!

1 hour ago, vin747 said:

3. can we assign hot key numbers to the various camera views (internal and external)

At least for this one there was a hint when someone scrolled through the view settings, as there seem to be hotkeys ALT+0 thru 9 to "Load Custom Camera 0 thru 9". I have a screenshot but can't find the video anymore. I believe it was one of the leaks a while ago.

Edited by badderjet

Can I assign an elephant as my copilot? I need to know this as without elephants I'm not sure this sim is for me. Oh, and any elephant I fly with must be green and wearing a fedora cause all the elephants in my last sim were all green, so.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't think you can define keys/buttons to own views (yet). But you can to the predefinen views.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

8 hours ago, tpete61 said:

I wouldn’t assume this. No one knows much about how the camera controls work or what they do. Can you explain why we will all be pleased?

You are wrong. Many people (alpha/beta testers) knows, how MSFS camera works 😉 .

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Can I assign an elephant as my copilot? I need to know this as without elephants I'm not sure this sim is for me. Oh, and any elephant I fly with must be green and wearing a fedora cause all the elephants in my last sim were all green, so.......

If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute please don’t waste our time in reading your sarcastic posts. 

we are just genuinely interested in the new sim features. While we can all wait and find out in two weeks, we are just being curious about the new sim. 

• Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.