Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Stockholm looks terrible...

The green tint on orthos can be found several places. It's not supposed to look like that. It'll be fixed. Rest looks stunning. Stop obsessing over small scenery bugs like they're some massive issue.

3 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

it look like the closest at this stage to that image is xplane coupled with ortho4xp scenes

Why is that plane bouncing around so much? Where are the doomers who were complaining about MSFS flight model? Why didn't they do the same for X-Plane?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Helsinki also has that green stuff on the roads, which is not there IRL, I've been there.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

19 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Helsinki also has that green stuff on the roads, which is not there IRL, I've been there.

Green stuff on the roads... reminds me of the P3D variant of ORBX TE GB. This seems to be an inherent issue with (some) aerial images.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 hours ago, chass32 said:

3) Bing/MFS should have waaaaay more photogrammetry cities.

Cheers

Carlos

Let me offer a correction. Bing/MFS should have waaaay more (good quality) photogrammetry cities.

I've turned off photogrammetry in my local area, because if the photogrammetry is distorted and has bad issues with trees, it sucks to use. I'd rather let the AI do its thing in that case.

Edited by bonchie

4 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

it look like the closest at this stage to that image is xplane coupled with ortho4xp scenes

The flaws in that video are obvious. Missing buildings everywhere, wrong building types everywhere, and as per usual, World2XP buildings just look terrible in general texture wise. And for some reason, Ortho4XP always has this really weird, obvious separation between the buildings and orthos that looks completely unnatural. I think it's because the lighting is affecting the buildings and orthos differently.

Good old XP11 atmospherics as well.

I'll take the green tint and not having to have my own server farm until MSFS fixes it.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, walloppy said:

The green tint on orthos can be found several places. It's not supposed to look like that. It'll be fixed. Rest looks stunning. Stop obsessing over small scenery bugs like they're some massive issue.

Correct. It's obviously part of the AI trying to color correct and not doing a good job in some areas. This wasn't done by a human hand. They will have to fine tune the AI over time.

I had noticed that really ugly green in a few of the shots and was sort of wondering why no one had brought it up. I was never very good with coloring books as a child (wife thinks I don't have a creative gene in my body LOL!) My position on that subject is that if it is the worse thing in this release then MS2020 will be a fine simulator in the next year or so.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

How does it look terrible? Yikes. People seem to forget how absolutely awful default xplane/fsx/p3d look and how much work they require to move from awful to barely 2010 standard. 

• Like 6

Stockholm is bad yes. 

But the Airport Stockholm Arlanda is even worse. The jetways are disconected from the building! Its useless as airport. And its my home airport aswell. =/

Edited by mullvaden83
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mullvaden83 said:

Stockholm is bad yes. 

But the Airport Stockholm Arlanda is even worse. The jetways are disconected from the building! Its useless as airport. And its my home airport aswell. =/

I guess you'll have to wait for Orbx who make a great Arlanda!

5 hours ago, 7478i said:

How does it look terrible? Yikes. People seem to forget how absolutely awful default xplane/fsx/p3d look and how much work they require to move from awful to barely 2010 standard. 

Because comparing the worst MSFS areas with the best MSFS areas is much more interesting than comparing with X-Plane and p3d which I think we all agree are outdated.

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 2

Stockholm not just looks terrible it also had 15 3D landmark buildings special made in FSX. They are now all gone it seems (maybe not Globe Arena) replaced by autogenbuildings and everything based on a very low resolution Bingmaps. What a disappointment.

16 hours ago, pmb said:

Green stuff on the roads... reminds me of the P3D variant of ORBX TE GB. This seems to be an inherent issue with (some) aerial images.

Kind regards, Michael

These occurrences of green roads/streets in various parts of the world make me wonder whether we don’t see here the effect of the adaptative streaming Lionel spoke of. When the streaming pipe gets too narrow, FS20 switching to offline ground imagery.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

These occurrences of green roads/streets in various parts of the world make me wonder whether we don’t see here the effect of the adaptative streaming Lionel spoke of.

I've seen enough green roads for them to become annoying.  With any luck a future update to the AI will fix this.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;