Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Why not call MSFS an early access game?

If everything was perfect in every single flight simulation, 3rd part content, etc... there would be NO need for forum's for any of these sim's. There would be one post, in the X-Plane 11, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D, DCS World, etc..  Everything works 100%, and thank you! But look at all of forum's for those sim's, thousands and thousands of post asking for some kind of help with the sim itself, 3rd party content, hardware etc... This forum will also look exactly like those down the road. I have a problem with something in MSFS, will you please help me? Or I bought this 3rd party aircraft and just I am having trouble with it, or how do I use this on it?

It's called a community for a reason! We all need help learning, fixing things, meeting new people, etc...

If you think MSFS is the first flight sim to have zero issues, best not to buy it! No such thing exist 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

5 minutes ago, in2tech said:

If you think MSFS is the first flight sim to have zero issues, best not to buy it! No such thing exist 🙂

I have the impression that either people don't get the point of the OP right or don't WANT to get it right. I have never stated that i don't want to buy MSFS at full price nor have i stated that i expect it to be the first Sim without any issues. I just asked why its not called early access.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

The problem with "early access" or "open beta" games is that they remain in that state forever and you'll never see a official release version in your lifetime. Because the developers can never decide when it is no longer "beta".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I have the impression that either people don't get the point of the OP right or don't WANT to get it right. I have never stated that i don't want to buy MSFS at full price nor have i stated that i expect it to be the first Sim without any issues. I just asked why its not called early access.

Microsoft Marketing, maybe? I have no clue, as even if they had, I would have bought it. I get your point now, sorry if I sounded rude. But it was not called Early Access, so basically we are done here 🙂 I guess! I just want us all to enjoy our sim's, whatever they are!

1 minute ago, cepact said:

The problem with "early access" or "open beta" games is that they remain in that state forever and you'll never see a official release version in your lifetime. Because the developers can never decide when it is no longer "beta".

But would that really be a problem? I know so many other games which have been EA for ages and they still are great games.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

Yeah, what he said makes sense, I guess 🙂 At some point you have to realize you can't fix everything 100% at release, so you release it 🙂 And then hopefully stick around to fix and update it, which  Asobo and MSFS have committed to doing.

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

But would that really be a problem? I know so many other games which have been EA for ages and they still are great games.

Well it's not what they decided to do, so it no longer matters 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Microsoft Marketing, maybe? I have no clue, as even if they had, I would have bought it. I get your point now, sorry if I sounded rude. But it was not called Early Access, so basically we are done here 🙂 I guess! I just want us all to enjoy our sim's, whatever they are!

Never mind! I'm all good. MSFS seems to be a very sensitive topic for many and i can respect that. 

• Like 1

Early Access has been used & abused on Steam for far too long, developers use it as an excuse when things don't work or bugs never get fixed. Some games are in EA for years and years and never get to a "v1.0" release state.

It's a useless term that should be done away with, just explain at first release that "This simulation/game will be a continuous development platform for years to come" and have done with.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Early Access has been used & abused on Steam for far too long, developers use it as an excuse when things don't work or bugs never get fixed. Some games are in EA for years and years and never get to a "v1.0" release state.

It's a useless term that should be done away with, just explain at first release that "This simulation/game will be a continuous development platform for years to come" and have done with.

I get that and agree. So i assume "Service game" is the term today...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I get that and agree. So i assume "Service game" is the term today...

Watch it have a huge stamp across the entire screen on August 18th, 2020 that say's " Early Access " 🙂 I am Apologizing in advance and covering my backside area 🙂 Now, let's just enjoy it on August 18th for us that want to purchase it and fly in it 🙂

It's a joke people, I know it won't have that stamp. @ThomseN_inc and I are just messing with each other now, I think 🙂 Have fun @ThomseN_inc !

Edited by in2tech

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

Watch it have a huge stamp across the entire screen on August 18th, 2020 that say's " Early Access " 🙂 I am Apologizing in advance and covering my word not allowed 🙂 Now, let's just enjoy it on August 18th for us that want to purchase it and fly in it 🙂

It's a joke people, I know it won't have that stamp. @ThomseN_inc and I are just messing with each other now, I think 🙂 Have fun @ThomseN_inc !

Sure will! Same to you 🙂

A lot of people would never buy a game that was labeled Early Access.  No reason to shoot yourself in the foot marketingwise.  

How does one determine when a program like MSFS is actually finished anyway?  

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

42 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

No.

Microsoft is advertising and marketing. What the "current state" of MSFS 2020 is will only be known when the first simmer starts up the game.

What we've mostly seen up to now are carefully selected and curated bits and pieces.

Of course, people are releasing more preview vids that show more and more of the actual game, but what the game actually has to offer will not be known for another two weeks.

That said, every flightsim release has been "early access", so nothing new there.

Also, folks have different expectations: clearly, some people think that MSFS 2020 will be so word not allowed good, they'll never have to buy another addon again. Come August 18th, there will be howls of dissapointment echoing through these fora.

I, on the other hand, have very modest expectations. I see MSFS 2020 as a significant step up, but it's a framework for addon developers to work with. By itself it won't satisfy many simmers for long.

Many of us already know...........And I've run out of superlatives! Let me just say this, I have been flying sims since the ZX Spectrum and nothing........N O T H I N G!! Comes close to what you will experience on the 18th August.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

5 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Many of us already know...........And I've run out of superlatives! Let me just say this, I have been flying sims since the ZX Spectrum and nothing........N O T H I N G!! Comes close to what you will experience on the 18th August.

A  i said earlier i'd be very happy.