Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

VOXATC 7.42 for P3d5 Not Initialising

Hi,

I have uninstalled VOXATC for P3DV4.5 and indeed P3DV4.5 (decided not to run them side by side). I have installed VOXATC for V5, the installation went well and the indexer ran without a hitch.

I only use one aircraft and the panel.cfg has the VOXATC windows installed and the gauges are also installed. I have not tweaked any settings I've only ported over the procedures and set up the programme as it has always been setup (voices, affinity, no FO etc.).

VOXATC server does not initialise with P3DV5. If I click the server exe file it opens and works. Can someone please give me some guidance on troubleshooting this or just tell me what I've forgotten, bearing in mind I have not reinstalled VOXATC for years. I did read the manual BTW.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

Your a long time user of VOXATC so I'm not going to ask you all the obvious questions. But did you ever attempt using the VOXATC version designed for P3d4 with P3d5? From your description it almost sounds like VOXATC isn't finding a specific folder correctly.

Are you either getting a fatal error or is VOXATC just hanging when you try to run it? I'm sure that your problem isn't anything too serious, as both V4 and V5 versions of VOXATC are similar except for where they get installed and what folders that they need to access. With that in mind you might also take a look at permissions on various folders, as Win 10 can be somewhat finicky about app installers creating folders and files at certain locations.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Sorry for the slow reply, I don't get notifications of replies for some reason.

The programme runs when manually started. I can hear the 'test' 'test' sequence, but it does not connect to P3D and does not start with P3D. No fatal errors.

I did not try VOXATC for P3DV4 with V5, all the work arounds and tweaks were not for me!

Anyway, I will check the permissions, I had not thought of that.

Thanks a lot

Dave

The "Test. test,test..." sequence is generated by VAServer.exe, but that component only operates correctly if started automatically by the VOXATC gauge enabled from within the sim. The other thing that I thought of is do you have both FSUIPC 6 and the legacy SimConnect DLL installed for your P3d5 installation? I assume that you do since VOXATC is working in P3d4.

Once gain Jay sorry for the slow reply.

Yes, I do have FSUIPC6 and the legacy SimConnect dll installed. I dis also install the V5 SDK. The gauge is installed in V5 and the relevant windows in the panel.cfg.

I have not worked the problem as I've been on other things the past couple of weeks but, I did enable the log last night and will look at it later today.

At least the indexer works well now; every cloud!!

I'll report back re the log.

Regards

Dave

NB (Notify me of replies is definitely ticked but I don't get notifications of replies)

I'll keep watching this thread. I also think that the AVSim notification feature isn't working correctly. 

Hi Jay,

Herewith log:

Log Start 20/08/2020 17:16:49

Format exception when reading aircraft config
Number format incorrect in Aircraft ContactPoint
No FS Type found = Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1
No FS Type found = Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1
No FS Type found = Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint2
No FS Type found = Mooney Bravo
No FS Type found = Beech King Air 350 Paint1
No FS Type found = Learjet 45
No FS Type found = Boeing 737-800 Paint1
No FS Type found = Beech Baron 58 Paint1
No FS Type found = Boeing 747-400 Paint1

I don't think the 'No FS Type found' is a problem but not so sure about 'Format Exception' & 'Number format'

I'll check a few other things now as well.

Dave

Hi Jay,

I tried a few things yesterday i.e. checking gauges were in place, panel cfg entries, repaired VOXATC installation, reinstalled simconnect etc., but still no joy.

I did copy across my procedures from version 4 to 5, do you think this could be a problem? I've only just though about this. I'll remove them and try again.

I manually started voxatc server and a DOS type screen appeared with no entries and VOX did not run. Here is the log (I can't seem to attach files). There's nothing in there of note, so far as I can tell. I will check Simconnect logs too.

FSUIPCInt init Start
FSUIPCInt init End
0 Ins Text set : Initializing
0 Prompt Text set : 
19:11:47.7847266 Current Position = 0 0 0
$$$$ Thread time overun : 
   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ThreadCheck.Sleep(Int32 milliSecs)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.ProcessSimconMessages()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
549775765 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing.
19:11:47.8853363 Current Position = 51.3838265046414 -2.73139075463712 631.405224371329
No FS Type found = Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1
No FS Type found = Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1
No FS Type found = Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint2
No FS Type found = Beech King Air 350 Paint1
No FS Type found = Boeing 737-800 Paint1
No FS Type found = Beech Baron 58 Paint1
No FS Type found = Boeing 747-400 Paint1
549776562 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing..
init synth start
init synth end
549776796 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing...
Exception while initializing Asti : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Sim Utilities\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 5\AstiInt.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Asti.GetAstiIntAss()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Asti.Init()
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
549781718 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing....
549781765 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing.....
init recog start
init recog end
549783171 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing......
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
AI Aircraft Count = 1
549783453 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing.......
549783453 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing........
Exception while initializing iFlyInt : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Sim Utilities\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 5\iFly.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.FlyiInt.GetFlightPlan()

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I have found the problem and now VOXATC is working.

Although the installer inserted the Windows Titles information in the Panel.cfg, the window detail was missing i.e.

////<VoxATC
[Window01]
visible=1
size_mm=400,200
window_size=0.3,0.3
window_pos=0.05,0.05
background_color=0,0,0
ident=14077
zorder=5
alpha_blend=0.65
gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0
////>VoxATC

I'm not sure how this can happen. I did rerun the installer and still this information was not added.

All I've got to do now is get the flight planner in P3DV5 to work, it keeps crashing the sim....... :angry:

Thanks for trying to help.

Dave

NB I would mark the topic as solved but ca't seem to edit the title.

Edited by Tims Sim
Add info.

7 hours ago, egkkman said:

All I've got to do now is get the flight planner in P3DV5 to work, it keeps crashing the sim....... :angry:

I'll have to remember this thread when someone else raises the same issue.