Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

I'm READY!

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

My husband is already fed up with all my excitement about msfs, so I had to tell SOMEONE 😄 weeeeeee

I think you'll like it!

• Like 2

Semper Fi 

At which resolution are you planning to run?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

4 minutes ago, CallsignDE said:

But dont cry if the 3080 TI comes out in September/October and u would have been able to get it for the same price u paid for your 2080TI now!

Never buy Pre-Release, especially in that region of prices. 

I suspect that someone who drops that kind of money on a gpu doesn't have this kind of problem, he'll just buy a 3080ti when it comes out.

• Upvote 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Dont forget your buying a new power supply also to run the new Nvidia 3000 series cards they have propitiatory 12 pin connectors and require more power 

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, CallsignDE said:

But dont cry if the 3080 TI comes out in September/October and u would have been able to get it for the same price u paid for your 2080TI now!

Never buy Pre-Release, especially in that region of prices. 

Hm, you sound a bit like a party-pooper.

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

1 hour ago, EmaRacing said:

I suspect that someone who drops that kind of money on a gpu doesn't have this kind of problem, he'll just buy a 3080ti when it comes out.

I'm not made of money, but I don't spent too much on things that maybe many others value more than me. Also, I've been pretty lucky with my last card which was gtx980ti that I bought back in 2016. The next gen cards (the 10X0ti etc) weren't big enough of an upgrade for me to justify the cost. The 2080ti signifies a 100% upgrade in regards to frames on many modern games, but we shall see. I have a i7-6700k @4.5ghz and 16gb of ram, and which is often the case with upgrades, I might just end having up upgrade other bottleneck-components later 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Dont forget your buying a new power supply also to run the new Nvidia 3000 series cards they have propitiatory 12 pin connectors and require more power 

Has that been confirmed now about the connector? I've been reading conflicting reports about that, some saying that it's unlikely that will be the case for consumer level cards because of likely loss of sales for card upgrades, especially in competition with AMD.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

My new RTX Asus 2080TI Strix OC card just arrived and fits neatly in my tower

6 hours ago, in2tech said:

Good for you, have fun August 18th, 2020

Have fun in september watching the launch for the nvidia 3000 series, you probably should have waited.

• Like 2

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

3 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

I'll post when my 3080TI arrives then 

me too, flagship performance here we come!

$1,500+ withdraw here we come......

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

5 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

me too, flagship performance here we come!

$1,500+ withdraw here we come......

I remember buying my first 3DFX card back in the day . No way I would've thunk video cards @ $1500 and up

Edited by joec63
  • Like 1

Semper Fi 

3 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I didn't think women could like flight sims, good to know!

Who are you referring to?

5 minutes ago, joec63 said:

I remember buying my first 3DFX card back in the day . No way I would've thunk video cards @ $1500 and up

right...back then the CPU was king and the most expensive single part you had to buy...Good GPU's were around $200 and the best CPU's were over $1,000...nowdays they've switched roles/pricing structure.

3 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

I'll post when my 3080TI arrives then 

I'm waiting for the Ampere cards too, rumor is they will be available in September.

Until then I simply put my old GTX970 into my new Ryzen 3700 PC.  It will be good enough for a month or two after releaase.  

• Like 1