Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Flight model and weather injection similar to FSX ?

I was reading a French forum and some testers claim that the 1000 points based flight model does not exist yet and they are using slightly modified legacy FSX model for all aircrafts ( http://pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1017724#p1017724 ) . Also read that the real weather injection was as bad as FSX so we will need an add on like Active Sky

The weather injection not being perfect is not a big deal but I would be quiet disappointed if they do not deliver what they promised for the flight model

gonna file that under fake news

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

dont believe everything you read then, because that seems to be a lot of misinformation in one place

there is an Option in the Settings to use the Legacy flight model, why any one would use it i do not know
if he had the beta he could easily test with that on and off rather than basing his theory on wether the Legacy files (quite obviously Still Needed for that Setting to work) was still in the game
for the weather, watch vids and decide for yourself

Edited by AirWayMan
  • Upvote 1

This legacy mode thing, isn't that connected to what they were talking about in the avsim interview? Something about trying to make legacy airplanes available in msfs? An  emphasis on "try", and that they hadn't promised it, but would try. Also, asobo noted that it was unrealistic to bring a lot of old addon airplanes over to MSFS because the gap in old vs new code was too wide. 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Legacy mode was said to be for people who may not like the new flight models. 

11 minutes ago, frankla said:

Legacy mode was said to be for people who may not like the new flight models. 

That was not what was said. It is not a matter of taste but a matter of backwards compatibility.

Edited by Farlis

30 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

Have a look at all those videos on YouTube and see for yourself!

Well those Videos are exactly why some are concerned about the flight models. Really it is not possible to tell from most of the shots but I have some questions that will only be answered after the initial insanity of Aug 18th passes. Don't know about the post about weather injection. That is a new rumor.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

i will say it again - There Is a Legacy Mode - it is switchable in the settings, i cant say for certain if it works or not but i can say for certain its There
since that setting is There (shown in Many vids) it is rather more than reasonable to think the Legacy files are there for That Setting even if its not available/usable yet
making up some 'conspiracy theory' about the new flight model being a hoax based on the fact that those files are there is ludicrous

edit:
the morale of this story is to not believe every joe-blow trying to prove how smart he is in some forum, myself included

Edited by AirWayMan
  • Like 1

To be frank, if they were using a "slightly modified FSX" flight model, you wouldn't be seeing half the issues the flight model currently has. If anything, the "1000 points" stuff is causing a lot of issues with adverse yaw and the planes being too affected by turbulence. It's quite obviously nothing like FSX's flight model when you experience it, for better or worse.

Edited by bonchie
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Farlis said:

That was not what was said. It is not a matter of taste but a matter of backwards compatibility.

Please check the feature discovery "Aerodynamics" at 5:30.   He clearly says that he doesn't want people to feel forced into new model if they don't like it.  

Edited by frankla

17 hours ago, bonchie said:

To be frank, if they were using a "slightly modified FSX" flight model, you wouldn't be seeing half the issues the flight model currently has. If anything, the "1000 points" stuff is causing a lot of issues with adverse yaw and the planes being too affected by turbulence. It's quite obviously nothing like FSX's flight model when you experience it, for better or worse.

Great argument!

Also implies another important argument:
Why do you think they are going through the pain of implementing a complex new flight model and then stop at some inertia problems which seem more unrealistic (in that specific aspect) than FSX?

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved