Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 6th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Tree Height Truthers – working hard to make sure you can see the forest through the trees.

– MSFS TEAM

Beyond the sometimes ridiculous hype, I have always felt that there is a fundamental spirit at Asobo to do things right. Color me biased but I know the French, I am one after all 😉, and I strongly suspected they would listen to what we were saying about the trees. Because that was the truth.  It is good to have it confirmed that they work on it, thanks Asobo.

People, pointing to what we do not like is the only way to have things moving into the right direction. It is not by repeating 'it is much worse in FSX or XP' or that 'everything is fine' in contradiction with what our own eyes see.  FS ain't a religion, criticism is not blasphem. What really sours the mood is not to criticise such or such things but not to tolerate that people don't have your opinion on something. 

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

People, pointing to what we do not like is the only way to have things moving into the right direction. It is not by repeating 'it is much worse in FSX or XP' or that 'everything is fine' in contradiction with what our own eyes see.  FS ain't a religion, criticism is not blasphem. What really sours the mood is not to criticise such or such things but not to tolerate that people don't have your opinion on something. 

Could not have said it any better. Instead we constantly see people complaining about the so-called „nitpicking“ over things they have no clue of or they don’t consider important. In the Avsim interview Asobo once again confirmed everything is read by someone so it’s of utmost importance that inaccuracies are brought up to assist this milestone product evolve over time. As many don’t know what’s being discussed on the α/β forums this board right here seems like a good place.

Edited by badderjet
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, badderjet said:

Could not have said it any better. Instead we constantly see people complaining about the so-called „nitpicking“ over things they have no clue of or they don’t consider important. In the Avsim interview Asobo once again confirmed everything is read by someone so it’s of utmost importance that inaccuracies are brought up to assist this milestone product evolve over time. As many don’t know what’s being discussed on the α/β forums this board right here seems like a good place.

I'm personally fine with nitpicking, it's more the way it's said that bothers me, we all could use a dose of constructive criticism around here.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

1 hour ago, canadiantree said:

I'm personally fine with nitpicking, it's more the way it's said that bothers me, we all could use a dose of constructive criticism around here.

CT my friend, it works both ways, constructive criticism is to discuss the issue not only calling nitpicker the guy who said something that you don't like.  Instead of demeaning another fellow simmer's post with an one-liner,  it might be more useful to say why one sees the same thing another way. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Well, I don't have access to the alpha/beta forums so I have no knowledge of what's reported to Asobo or what Asobo says. 🤔

I'll keep "nitpicking" and voicing my opinion that, from what I see in pictures and videos, Asobo has "dropped the ball" and "jumped the shark" 🦈 with regard to exaggerated scale of certain tree types.

One only needs to look at Sydney in FS2020 to see evidence of that.

Any in the alpha/beta who think that Sydney looks "fine" clearly struggle with reality, but it takes all types I guess. 🤪

When/if Asobo fixes the comically exaggerated scale and incorrect variety of trees (e.g. 10+ storey tall rainforest in Sydney 🤣) then I'll stop "nitpicking" and go back to picking nits. 🦧

😁

Edited by MatthewS
😁
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

CT my friend, it works both ways, constructive criticism is to discuss the issue not only calling nitpicker the guy who said something that you don't like.  Instead of demeaning another fellow simmer's post with an one-liner,  it might be more useful to say why one sees the same thing another way. 

Of course it's a two way street. This is just my personal opinion but I find there's been more deconstructive criticism than the reverse. At the end of the day it's very subjective, the best way to express yourself is to post, or not to post.... Maybe the latter should be used more often, myself included 🙂

• Like 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

9 hours ago, ca_metal said:

They are aiming to update the world scenery every 3 months. 

really? Where did they say that?

54 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

At the end of the day it's very subjective, the best way to express yourself is to post, or not to post.... Maybe the latter should be used more often, myself included 🙂

No subjective at all, the best way to express yourself is to do it respectfully. 

Notwithstanding, on rare occasions, if really needed to straighten things up, you can get the ole boomstick out.

And please stay with us and post.

• Like 2

Dominique

4 hours ago, badderjet said:

That’s what I was asking myself. Did they say that? On the feedback snapshot they say „Bing Improvement Plan/Update Frequency — Answered“. Maybe I missed it.

When new photogrammetry pops up, they will let the algorithm run over everything at some point and then what? I guess what you stream comes from some source where they have the entire processed globe stored at? Not that it would change much but I’m just curious.

Yes, they’ve said that. I think FS Elite published that info when they raised the press embargo.

Also it’s an info they have shared with us alpha insiders on the official forums.

Edited by ca_metal

In here you can find information regarding the roadmap of post-launch updates: https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-information-vr-steam-edition-third-party-info-and-future-plans/

World Updates

These will be free updates. With Bing updating all the time, Microsoft and Asobo will package up new data within specific areas and create new content for the simulator. This download will also include numerous hand-crafted airports, along with landing challenges and tutorials. The team want to inspire new simmers to fly into new areas. These updates will fall every 2-3 months.

Sim Update

These will be free updates that will bring new features and various improvements to the simulator. Again, they will be released every 2-3 months depending on how development goes.

Paid DLC

Described as big updates and could include helicopters. The team want to make quite a few of them in the future and it requires extensive work to get the physics and handling correct. Whilst this isn’t confirmed to be the first Paid DLC, it was an example shared about the type of quantity and quality to be expected. More specific details will release in the future.

The following release plan was shared about the post-release future:

1. VR Update
  2. World Update I
  3. Sim Update I
  4. Paid DLC I
  5. World Update II
  6. Sim Update II
  7. Paid DLC II
  8. World Update III

And regarding the trees, it was said by an Alpha tester several weeks ago that Asobo are very much aware about the tree size issues and are working on it. But considering priorities and all, I think they might deploy the fixes along with World Update I.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Much as I laugh at the discussions on tree-size, I appreciate that it is actually important.  If the trees are too big and you are flying over a forest, then it's going to feel like you are flying much lower than you really are.  I guess smaller trees might mean more of them, which could impact performance, we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

여기에서 출시 후 업데이트 로드맵에 대한 정보를 찾을 수 있습니다.  https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-information-vr-steam-edition-third-party-info-and-future-plans /

나무와 관련하여 몇 주 전 알파 테스터는 Asobo가 나무 크기 문제에 대해 매우 잘 알고 있으며 작업 중이라고 말했습니다. 그러나 우선 순위와 모든 것을 고려할 때 World Update I과 함께 수정 사항을 배포 할 수 있다고 생각합니다.

thanks! 

5 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

professional youtuber

That's a good one. 🤣

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

59 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

In here you can find information regarding the roadmap of post-launch updates: https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-information-vr-steam-edition-third-party-info-and-future-plans/

And regarding the trees, it was said by an Alpha tester several weeks ago that Asobo are very much aware about the tree size issues and are working on it. But considering priorities and all, I think they might deploy the fixes along with World Update I.

About the trees... all I can tell you is that devs know about trees issues the same as appear on the Feedback Snapshot