Sign in to follow this  
Slides

MSFS trailer recreated in X-Plane 11

Ewww, but at least it didn't CTD. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

23 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

This is the first time I needed a puke bag for a simulated flight. 

Haha.  @MikeT707 hey I'm in MN too...where are you at?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

To be fair, XP11 with Ortho4XP tiles can look quite good at locations where high quality ortho images available. But, MSFS is completely in its own league and blows everything from XP out of water. Plus, as easy as it is, making Ortho4XP tiles is still a hassle nonetheless. Downloading and locally storing TBs of images are very wasteful resource wise comaperd to streaming them. By all means MSFS is a dream that came true to me. Seriously, in real life sth as wonderful as this is not supposed to happen, but it does.

• Like 2

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Yeah...not good. I am afraid that in P3D it would look even worse, though. 

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

10 hours ago, Emerson67 said:

The graphic rendering on that video was made at the lowest quality setting, or on a very weak computer. That's a troll video for sure.

It's the graphics quality setting needed so that X-plane doesn't run like a slideshow even on a high end computer

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Lol. Looking forward to the trailer remake in P3D 😂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

As much as I liked the XP flight model, and even if that video is using poor quality and filming skills...

I can't go back. I'm not asking for satellite data all over the world, but graphic and weather engine is so outdated... 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 1

Sparks would ❤️ that.

I noticed that the planes in the beginning are almost as twitchy as we complain about in the flight model thread... could you try replicate that under gusting winds?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

In regards of stock comparison for sure MSFS wins hands-down. So for a newcomer who doesn't want to invest in add-ons MSFS is the choice. For people like me who have invested a lot of money in XP scenery/aircraft add-ons, XP will keep its potential. There is so many workhours being put into complex add-ons that just better scenery can't compensate for me. 

Even when complex add-on aircraft arrive in MSFS, I'll still be using XP and P3D for flying various aircraft that are not in MSFS yet. A good example is the upcoming A300 for XP. 

Same reason why I'll be flying the Tomcat in DCS rather than in MSFS. Scenery is not primary when you are interested in top aircraft simulation. 

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

12 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I saw this much earlier today and decided it looked like trouble. I certainly was not brave enough to post it!! 😃

I am pretty sure some settings aren't quite maxed out lol... but unless you post it in the XP forum or on the org, I think it's fine to readjust our expectations. 😄

1 hour ago, aleex said:

As much as I liked the XP flight model, and even if that video is using poor quality and filming skills...

I can't go back. I'm not asking for satellite data all over the world, by graphic and weather engine is so outdated... 

Yeah... for me it will be:

VFR - MSFS, no contest!
Airliners - XP11 until adequate content is available.

Which is kinda funny, as XP was always considered to be "the VFR sim" until a few years ago when airliners finally made it to XP.

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I've been using xplane11 with no addons to test my new HOTAS and it doesn't look this bad. Now, its very lack luster compared to the vids I've seen in MSFS.

The biggest thing I have noted is the haze in the air and lack of color. The lighting isn't very accurate either and figuring how things operate feels cumbersome.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

I've been using xplane11 ... figuring how things operate feels cumbersome.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I hear a lot of people say they think the GUI and default keys for XPlane are good, but I've always thought it was absolutely bloody awful, and I've been buying XPlane since I think version 6.

The MSFS user interface is vastly superior to that of XPlane in almost every was possible, so I really hope they haven't messed about with that too much in the new sim, because if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here