Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

PMDG are having a sale!

I read whole tread and still couldn't figure what's on sale...? 737Ng for $99?  

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

28 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I read whole tread and still couldn't figure what's on sale...? 737Ng for $99?  

The sale price shows up once you've added to your cart.

I don't think the NG is available anymore...I picked up both the NGXu and Expansion for $99.

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

The sale price shows up once you've added to your cart.

I don't think the NG is available anymore...I picked up both the NGXu and Expansion for $99.

Yeah...I meant NGXu....so 23% of $99?

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

When PMDG set the pricing for P3D, we were all quite taken back, but it was explained by Randazzo that was due to P3D not being an entertainment product, so pricing was set accordingly.

As the new sim soon to be released is an entertainment product, the prices do not seem to reflect that. ie NG3 will be approx 150USD.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I’m almost embarrassed to admit I never bought the 748 expansion. I think I’m going for it this time as I’m still loving how P3Dv5 runs on my pc 😎

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

3 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I’m almost embarrassed to admit I never bought the 748 expansion. I think I’m going for it this time as I’m still loving how P3Dv5 runs on my pc 😎

Cheers,

Pete

Good choice.

• Like 1

Vic green

3 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Cheers,

Pete

i have a feeling the fs2020 launch will be exactly like the FSX launch...too many problems and no computer hardware able to play/run it well with all settings maxed out.  Xp11 and p3dv4.5 and 5 will remain with me for a long time.  I have a new $4000 2020 gaming laptop but a few days ago i canceled my fs2020 pre-order....i will wait for reviews and maybe 1-2years before buying it again.  Plus PMDG not lowering their prices back to Entertainment Pricing made me angry and sad😡😪

Edited by Martin Byrde
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Martin Byrde said:

i have a feeling the fs2020 launch will be exactly like the FSX launch...too many problems and no computer hardware able to play/run it well with all settings maxed out.  Xp11 and p3dv4.5 and 5 will remain with me for a long time.  I have a new $4000 2020 gaming laptop but a few days ago i canceled my fs2020 pre-order....i will wait for reviews and maybe 1-2years before buying it again.  Plus PMDG not lowering their prices back to Entertainment Pricing made me angry and sad😡😪

I have a feeling you are right. It seems to me that Microsoft are rushing Asobo into an early release that they are not ready for. Three week beta is not going to iron out the problems that seem to exist and the "ongoing project" is clearly a euphemism for early access.

As for PMDG, I totally agree. There was uproar when the P3D price was $139 not $89. They spent months defending the concept that P3D was a commercial level sim not aimed as an entertainment product. Now they have established $139 as the norm they don't even seem to be trying to justify the price on what is clearly an entertainment product. I wonder if they will even try to sell it to Xbox users for the same price

I have bought a few PMDG products and they are clearly the pinnacle to the sim world. However whilst I fly as realistically as possible under normal flight conditions, the huge amount of bells and whistles and non normal procedure that their products have, are not really needed in my sim world. The Zibo mod does just fine for me on X-Plane and dare I say it, just feels more immersive despite not being as high a standard as the PMDG. XP11 will remain on my drive all the way up to XP12 which I am equally excited for. 

Edited by yidahoo
  • Like 4

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I’m truly excited the simming community is humming like never before, and that’s certainly great news for all of us! Unfortunately I can’t discuss MSFS due to our NDA, but I can say that I‘m still absolutely in love with P3Dv5. 

Thanks for all the suggestions, the 748 it is then 👍 

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

16 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

As the new sim soon to be released is an entertainment product, the prices do not seem to reflect that. ie NG3 will be approx 150USD.

They have announced $134, not $150, and the NG3 will also include the 737 MAX (bearing real world influence in mind). Going by the previous model it would include the 737-800, -900, -900ER as well as the MAX 8 and at least one of the other MAX variants. That's certainly a lot of value for one package, so whether the price is too high or not it's going to be on the higher side in any case.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, threegreen said:

They have announced $134, not $150

That is why I said approx. I was only 16 bucks out 🙂

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, threegreen said:

They have announced $134, not $150, and the NG3 will also include the 737 MAX (bearing real world influence in mind). Going by the previous model it would include the 737-800, -900, -900ER as well as the MAX 8 and at least one of the other MAX variants. That's certainly a lot of value for one package, so whether the price is too high or not it's going to be on the higher side in any case.

Not really good value if you bought the majority of the product 3 times at full price, just to pay it again.  Thats why they stick to the B737 and B747 - the profits from selling essentially the same product over and over at full price is brilliant for them.  PMDG are using you as a cash cow, plain and simple. They are the masters of spin and treat their customers appallingly. JMO of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

9 hours ago, threegreen said:

If I may chime in. The issue is not whether the price has a great value, the issue is that the price should be cheaper with MSFS compared to P3D since MSFS is not an educational tool (what is stated on their EULA). 

That was the reason why PMDG increased their price going to P3D, they said they had to increase the price due to the EULA. On top of that we had to rebuy it again, no discount given. Even though I don't agree about not giving any discount when upgrading to P3D from fsx, I respect that it is PMDG right to do so, they don't have to give us discount. 

But with the pricing, I do expect that they lower the price for MSFS , it needs to be cheaper than P3D given their argument about P3D EULA. If the price between P3D version and MSFS version is the same, I found that inconsistent with their argument before. 

If the MSFS pricing will be around 130 USD then P3D price for the same software (737/T7/747) should be higher and if that happens, it is crazy of PMDG! 

As much as I like their products, their pricing policy is a bit of a joke for me. I owned 737, 777 incl ER and bought them again for P3D license and I'm not going to invest anything just yet until MSFS matured. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, barramundilure said:

Not really good value if you bought the majority of the product 3 times at full price, just to pay it again.  Thats why they stick to the B737 and B747 - the profits from selling essentially the same product over and over at full price is brilliant for them.  PMDG are using you as a cash cow, plain and simple. They are the masters of spin and treat their customers appallingly. JMO of course.

That "same product" BS won't become truth when repeated over and over again. 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

24 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

That "same product" BS won't become truth when repeated over and over again. 

It can, but it only becomes truth when everyone believes it.  

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;