Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

PMDG are having a sale!

19 hours ago, Mroberts95 said:

If PMDG were up to that standard of FSLABS etc with snow effects, better windshield affects, ATSU, Better EFB, Dynamic Lighting in all of their cockpits etc I wouldnt have a problem.

Are the things you list here worth it to push the price to $250 for two variants though and around $300 if you include the A319? I get that it depends on personal value as well. Personally, I think FSLabs prices are most excessive out of any aircraft developer. It's still a difference of almost $100 between PMDG's 747 package (plus -8 expansion) and FSLabs' A320 family (no A318) and that seems excessive to me, even if FSLabs have an edge over PMDG in terms of features. I still find it bizarre to be honest that PMDG prices are deemed too high while $300 for the A320 family is not an issue.

I'm not familiar enough with their Airbus fleet though because I didn't buy it. I know that the A321 added some more features to the package apart from just the aircraft itself, but can anyone tell me what's coming with the A321 expansion that makes a price of $70 for a one-variant-expansion justified? Because I've seen people complain that $25 for the NGXu expansion including two variants is too much, so I'm wondering why $70 for one variant in contrast is apparently deemed appropriate.

What has FSLabs' policy on updates/newer simulation platforms been by the way? Do they offer any discounts?

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Are the things you list here worth it to push the price to $250 for two variants though and around $300 if you include the A319? I get that it depends on personal value as well. Personally, I think FSLabs prices are most excessive out of any aircraft developer. It's still a difference of almost $100 between PMDG's 747 package (plus -8 expansion) and FSLabs' A320 family (no A318) and that seems excessive to me, even if FSLabs have an edge over PMDG in terms of features. I still find it bizarre to be honest that PMDG prices are deemed too high while $300 for the A320 family is not an issue.

I'm not familiar enough with their Airbus fleet though because I didn't buy it. I know that the A321 added some more features to the package apart from just the aircraft itself, but can anyone tell me what's coming with the A321 expansion that makes a price of $70 for a one-variant-expansion justified? Because I've seen people complain that $25 for the NGXu expansion including two variants is too much, so I'm wondering why $70 for one variant in contrast is apparently deemed appropriate.

What has FSLabs' policy on updates/newer simulation platforms been by the way? Do they offer any discounts?

From FSX to P3D it was the price difference between the two.

and then if you had it for P3D you got it for every version, so I bought it for FSX, paid a small price to head to P3D when that dropped then I got V4/5 updates for free when the V3 to V4 license was made that didn’t cost anything or something along those lines.

i have no idea why PMDG couldn’t do this or if it was their agreement with P3D. I don’t know and frankly don’t really care all that much. Between the 737/777/747 I’ve spent 3-4K hours and in the fslabs another 1k hours or so.

For PMDG that works out to like $.30/hr to fly since I’ve had them and that’s way more entertainment then going to the movies, eating out, amongst other things. I still have other hobbies as well. 

FSLABs works out to $.25 an hour or so flying them.

i always tell people buy the planes you will fly more often to get your monies worth. I wouldn’t have bought the 747/777 if I didn’t want to fly them often otherwise it’s just a $135 virtual plane sitting around that I spent money on gathering dust.

I also think people go in expecting flight sim to be cheap but it’s not. It’s a hobby like everything else that you can spend as much or as little as you want.

ive gotten my moneys worth but others may feel like they haven’t.

• Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I'll wait for their 100 year anniversary sale for 100% discount. 😉

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU