Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

Beta tester request.

Could one of you kind folk who are lucky enough to be in possession of a Beta copy check if ridge lift works please? I recall watching a development video where they were enthusing about how the airflow interacts with the terrain. I know there are no gliders at present, but a light plane like the fox should be able to be sufficiently affected.  Just find a decent ridge, direct the wind at it with sufficient strength, then go fly it, and check for altitude gain, wing lifting etc. And also check the Lee side to see if the “washing machine” affect plays a part. Will need a decent spine-back ridge for this part. Might even give one of the Youtubers something to do, instead of all tripping over each other with similar content 😉

Thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by Bilbosmeggins
Typo

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

not sure why you would ask a beta tester to break NDA to answer a question, likely you would either get no answer or an answer from someone only pretending to be in beta

since the media ban was lifted many content creators have released tons of video's, while i did not find the one i was looking for i did remember this one talks/shows some of what your asking about

edit: he is also a real world pilot, so he is better informed to make a judgemernt on
 how the flight dynamics feel than your average flight simmer

Edited by AirWayMan

Beta testers are currently testing, and making videos of their findings. We’ve had everything from vertical take offs, to landing on race circuits, to extreme weather conditions. Not sure why showing the effects, or non-effects of ridge lift are any different.  It’s only a game, not a nuclear weapons program.

Edited by Bilbosmeggins
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

19 minutes ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

check if ridge lift works please

It does.  Including downdrafts on the far side of the ridge.  I haven't found a rotor yet, but I haven't been looking either. 🙂 

It is pretty much the same thing you see in the atmospherics video.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Excellent. Thank you. That bodes well for the future. Wonder if thermals are modelled? That might be asking a bit much, but would be nice. Would also be difficult to test without a glider, as they would just be felt as turbulence in anything heavier.

14 minutes ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

Beta testers are currently testing, and making videos of their findings. We’ve had everything from vertical take offs, to landing on race circuits, to extreme weather conditions. Not sure why showing the effects, or non-effects of ridge lift are any different.  It’s only a game, not a nuclear weapons program.

uhhh No, the NDA is still in effect for All testers, the Only ones that can legally show footage are preselected content creators with the "Preview" build, if any 'tester' is distributing video (or even discussing anything they see in a alpha/beta build) it is a leak and against NDA - dont trust anything these people say as they are already doing what i would consider immoral and against contractual agreement they agreed to - simply put they are untrust worthy, not to mention you have no idea what test version they are using

Edited by AirWayMan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AirWayMan said:

not sure why you would ask a beta tester to break NDA to answer a question, likely you would either get no answer or an answer from someone only pretending to be in beta

since the media ban was lifted many content creators have released tons of video's, while i did not find the one i was looking for i did remember this one talks/shows some of what your asking about

edit: he is also a real world pilot, so he is better informed to make a judgemernt on
 how the flight dynamics feel than your average flight simmer

Thanks for the video.  I shall check it out now 🙂

I was going by the fact that Youtubers are actively seeking requests for future videos. If these are a different group set to Beta testers then my apologies.

I saw a picture published by one of the aircraft developers that appeared to be a glider.  They are now allowed to publish pics of works in progress.

The Youtubers are a different group from the beta testers.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thank you Hook. I doubt that the airflow modelling will be up to the same standards as Condor Soaring Sim, but would be heavenly if it was. Love Condor, but the graphics are like something out of Minecraft.

Somebody has to do a glider at some point, either payware or freeware. More likely a payware as I don't think the freeware crowd will get the SDK anytime soon, but I have no clue. Or maybe just maybe, Asobo will sneak one in at release, please Asobo,  or one will show up in the Market Place at launch, whenever the market place launches. They just have to get the lift mechanics right correct, no G1000, and a boat load of other stuff. Shouldn't a glider be easier to make. I am not a developer, so I don't know?

Glider please, someone 🙂 Used to love the glider missions in FSX 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

You could try asking the person who made this video to test it for you. It seems like it wouldn't be terribly different or difficult to set up a scenario.

Edited by dobee51

7 hours ago, in2tech said:

Somebody has to do a glider at some point, either payware or freeware. More likely a payware as I don't think the freeware crowd will get the SDK anytime soon, but I have no clue. Or maybe just maybe, Asobo will sneak one in at release, please Asobo,  or one will show up in the Market Place at launch, whenever the market place launches. They just have to get the lift mechanics right correct, no G1000, and a boat load of other stuff. Shouldn't a glider be easier to make. I am not a developer, so I don't know?

Glider please, someone 🙂 Used to love the glider missions in FSX 🙂

I'm going to try to bringing a legacy glider from FSX.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 hours ago, dobee51 said:

You could try asking the person who made this video to test it for you. It seems like it wouldn't be terribly different or difficult to set up a scenario.

Yes, I might just do that. Thanks 🙂