Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

What Is Wrong With The 747-8i? A Bug?

Bryan, what is going on with the PMDG 747-8i F and FS2Crew? Your product, latest version 1.6, for P3Dv4.5 worked fine with the -400 model yesterday, yet the same Key Assignments, pressing Button 'N' does not bring the Main Panel on at all.

Tried loading the -8iF in P3Dv4.5, set the Start-up Panel to Long, disabled your product; re-booted; re-enabled your product---zilch. Is there a bug in version 1.6 because I had the -8i F and FS2Crew working seamlessly in P3Dv4.5HF2 before?

Edited by vc10man

9 hours ago, byork said:

Rick,

Make sure you have "N" set to Autofeather Arm/off.

Cheers,

Bryan, I have  set the Auto Feather Button for 'N' for auto feather' as per Ops Manual for the PMDG747-400 which works fine, as do the -747-400 BCF versions, except this  747-8i F. Worked before. Now your latest version 1.6, no dice,and I have just re-checked 'N' button is correctly assigned.

3 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Rick,

Look at your panel.cfg for the 8 model. You can open it with notepad.

I'm betting you don't have FS2Crew window entries on it.

Just checked, Bryan. And you are spot-on, but surely,shouldn't this have been done automatically when I re-installed the PMDG 747 Base and then the Expansion Models in sequence with fresh re-boots each time, followed by your add-on, which requires the -400 to be loaded at least once before your add-on will kick in?

Rick,

I just tried to reproduce it on a fresh install of the PMDG 747 with FS2Crew.

The 8 model's panel.cfg file was updated perfectly.

I really don't know what happened in your case.  All I can guess is something block it.

At any rate, send me a support ticket and I can send you my 8 model panel.cfg.

Tried everything you have suggested above, Bryan. Even did a System Check on the Config Interface. It showed Panel.cfg Fail, so started P3Dv4.5 in Admin Mode.

Still -8i Panel.cfg missing the FS2Crew entries as per the -400 &- 400BCF. So, copied the 3 FS2Crew entries over to the -8i Panel.cfg. Still nothing.

As for the double posts. I was responding to Marc and hoped that way you could kill two birds in one.

I have no idea what is causing this. Will submit a support ticket.