Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Aircraft are unrealistically steady

I was wondering if there was an add-on available for FSX which would provide some random movement to the aircraft.

John

40 minutes ago, calypso said:

I was wondering if there was an add-on available for FSX which would provide some random movement to the aircraft.

Active Sky. 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Wrong subforum?

Which one do you suggest?

John

15 minutes ago, calypso said:

Which one do you suggest?

You are fine where you are! 😄

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You do have aircraft realism all set to their maximum values, don't you?  A weather add-on with turbulences would do the trick.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Go and get the new Microsoft flight simulator. Word on the street says the planes in the new sim move like a kid with ants in his pants! You'll love it!

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Realism all max, Accufeel and ActiveSky. Also depends on what plane. Virtualcols planes are hard to get straight onto runway with this setting.

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Go and get the new Microsoft flight simulator. Word on the street says the planes in the new sim move like a kid with ants in his pants! You'll love it!

Thanks, but as a (very) old flight simmer (1982 - I still have the 5 1/4 inch diskette 🙂), I am waiting for the new 2020 "simulator" to develop from eye candy into a proper working simulator.

• Like 1

John

FSUIPC can inject random turbulence too I believe..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

As an old pilot I can reveal a secret; aircraft are designed to be stable. Otherwise they would be dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John, I'm with you on this topic! The best options are Active Sky 16 with its turbulence slider, and/or (I'm an 'and') Accusim with its own turbulence slider. I flew a cherokee 180 for an hour last year and took careful note of how unsmooth the flight was, even on a bright sunny day.  Back in the sim, I refined those two sliders to get the exact same response from my A2A cherokee. I also employ a 'buttkicker' seat vibration device (mine is the Pearl 'Throne Thumper' used by drummers) for an extra feeling of immersion.

Weirdly, I have an Alabeo plane, the PA-44 Seminole that had that wayward jiggle right off the bat. 

On 8/19/2020 at 6:27 PM, Mithras said:

John, I'm with you on this topic! The best options are Active Sky 16 with its turbulence slider, and/or (I'm an 'and') Accusim with its own turbulence slider. I flew a cherokee 180 for an hour last year and took careful note of how unsmooth the flight was, even on a bright sunny day.  Back in the sim, I refined those two sliders to get the exact same response from my A2A cherokee. I also employ a 'buttkicker' seat vibration device (mine is the Pearl 'Throne Thumper' used by drummers) for an extra feeling of immersion.

Sorry for the off topic question: I am thinking about getting something like that.  I miss the feeling under the seat of my pants flying a real plane when I'm simming now.  Does the buttkicker device give you the same feeling of a subwoofer without additional noise?

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors