Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Believe It Or Not Alaska Airline Did Operate Hercules!!

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice Alaska Airlines Hercules action via flight from PAAQ Palmer Municipal Airport located 1 mile southeast of the central business district of Palmer in Matanuska-Susitna Borough of Alaska to PAHO Homer Airport located two miles east of the central business district of Homer in the Kenai Peninsula Borough of Alaska.

Getting ready for fight to Homer that is considered and known as the Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.

gn1.jpg

gn2.jpg

Starting engines!!

gn3.jpg

gn7.jpg

Right engines started and revved up

gn4.jpg

Starting left engines

gn5.jpg

Gauges indicating that engines are ready for taxi!

gn6.jpg

Starting to taxi to short of runway 34

gn8.jpg

Entering into taxiway on way to runway 34

gn9.jpg

Still taxiing on taxiway towards the runway

gn10.jpg

gn11.jpg

Nice cockpit view of mountains of Chugach State Park

gn12.jpg

Holding short of runway 34 to check for any GA plane

gn13.jpg

Entering into runway 34 with background view of Buffalo Soapstone mountain range

gn14.jpg

Cockpit view of entering into runway 34

gn15.jpg

Ready for take off!!

gn16.jpg

Roaring down the runway

gn17.jpg

Airborne on climb to fl200 making sharp left turn to avoid high mountains ahead

gn18.jpg

You can see how high the mountains are that the plane managed to avoid after successful sharp left turn after take off

gn19.jpg

Still climbing to fl200

gn20.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not permitting more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of awesome Hercules action

Here is the hyperlink: https://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/10046/believe-alaska-airline-operate-hercules

Thank you for viewing.  Please stay tuned for next exciting flight

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 3

signCopy.jpg

Great looking set! Interesting, I did not know that Alaska Airlines operated a C-130.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

My first Alaska Air flight was from Anchorage to Fairbanks with a stop at McKinley Park - DC4 (1960).  At that time their flagship was the DC6.  Shortly thereafter they got one of the first CV880's then a gradual transition to B727's with a short spell of L1049's - flying within Alaska and military charters.  Pipleline construction brought the L100's and a CV990 so, if you were an 'Alaska' pilot, your ATP ticket acquired lots of ratings.

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CS C-130 is a very nice SIM...! I fly it more than occasionally...

Lovely livery of Hercules, here,...(do not recall seeing that "Golden Nugget" Alaskan Freighter, before)...this is a L-100 variant, I believe...thanks for posting the static shots of those (massive) props....!

(I recall a former Alaska Air National Guard Pro making a reference, here, to their C-130s...)

Edited by P_7878

Thanks all for very very very kind words.

Thanks to Olderndirt for great facts

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg