Sign in to follow this  
james37611

GSX worth upgrading to Level 2?

Hello all,

As I'm starting to get into making feature movies I like to have clips of loading/unloading the plane with accompanying music, I wonder maybe if upgrading to GSX Level 2 with crew and passengers might make it look better, but is it worth it?

I know the animation isn't that great, but looking at videos, it seems you have to fiddle around adding custom jetways, do you have to sit down and do all the piers around Gatwick for example? Or can this be installed and be working straight out the box? I see you can move baggage trucks around ect, can you move the marshaller as well? I find with GSX 1 that depending on the payware scenery, like UK2000 Jersey, the marshaller is hidden in the terminal building so you can't see any signals at all!

I don't mind doing the odd bit of editing, I do loose concentration if I do too much of it, and if you need to add GSX Jetways manually individually at every gate it'll get tedious, but I can't imagine it being like that!

What are the pushback trucks like, do you get a big one for an A320 or is it still the little tractor that judders you around and makes you bounce when it slams the brakes on?

Any opinions are appreciated!

James. 

Hi James,

I originally sat on the fence with only having purchased GSX and not the Level 2 but finally I gave in and bought in. It does provide another enhancement to the realism of preparing the aircraft for a flight with boarding crew and passengers via the buses when no jetways are present and then having passengers walk through the jetway bridges when they are available. The refuelling procedure and animation is also enhanced now they have the apron fuel hydrant implemented.  Thats fun to watch.

For the price and if you're into making movies, I think its a nice addition.

As for the jetways, I have not had to play around too much with the jetways themselves. A number of the airports I own have the SODE jetways and this is working very well in GSX/GSX2.I havent had to mess around with this too much.

As for the animation of the tugs, they do come in a variety of sizes/liveries. I was flying the Aerosoft A320 recently and I did not notice any significant stuttering of the tug when pushing the aircraft back.Sometimes on certain procedures with tight turns involved, on occasions the wheels of the tug dont always completely align to the turn but these are infrequent.

Re marshaller, there is the ability to change the distance but I am pretty certain that functionality is controlled by GSX and not by Level 2 addon so you should be able to resolve the hidden marshaller problems with what you have installed already.

Overall, if you're into animation, its a worthwhile purchase I would say.

Hope that helps in your decision making.

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

3 hours ago, aldridgem said:

A number of the airports I own have the SODE jetways and this is working very well in GSX/GSX2.

if you set "userstate autodock" in SODE at those airports, GSX1 /2 messes with that SODE feature if you subsequently use FSDT's "fueling/catering/boarding" functions.

they're not compatible ......

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

GSX has been an extraordinary addition to my sim. It gives you a lot of possibilities to increase the immersion level of the simulation. GSX Level 2 gives another jump to the immersion by allowing you, among other features, to replace default jetways with a lot of different models of your choosing. Happens to me quite often that certain default airports could be improved to a point on which is not necessary to me to buy an available payware version.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, vadriver said:

if you set "userstate autodock" in SODE at those airports, GSX1 /2 messes with that SODE feature if you subsequently use FSDT's "fueling/catering/boarding" functions.

they're not compatible ......

That's good to know. Thx for mentioning that.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!