Sign in to follow this  
Asterix2112

Washington DC Scenery

Hi all, Can not wait for FS to be released, the videos I have seen are amazing... But...

I live in Washington DC, and finally someone posted some video of DC, and I must say it is a bit disappointing. For such and iconic city I hope that some very obvious things can get updated by launch, or soon after. Not complaining as there is so much to do, but I really hope DC does get a little attention soon!

FS%20Wash%20Monument.jpg?psid=1&width=30Not sure what the heck this is! - Obviously supposed to be the Washington Monument, but looks nothing like it, wrong color and is missing the pointed top!

FS%20Capital.jpg?psid=1&width=3078&heighThis is supposed to be the Capital. The domes just got unceremoniously lopped off! And lastly below, there is a complete building in the middle of the Mall!FS%20Building%20Mall.jpg?psid=1&width=30

• Like 1

It's an AI built city. They have to hand place landmarks and haven't done it yet. Probably be part of the 1st world update in September if I had to guess. Or maybe release.

I'm actually kind of impressed it got the height of something as unique as the Washington Monument pretty right.

• Upvote 1

This is absolutely atrocious. Given MS is an American company and MSFS is attracting a large crowd besides hardcore simmers, they better get it fixed before the August 18. The last thing we want to see is to make anything about MSFS touch politics.  

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

“They better” lol what entitlement. It’s the whole world get over it. If they won’t customize it, 3rd party devs will. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

This is absolutely atrocious. Given MS is an American company and MSFS is attracting a large crowd besides hardcore simmers, they better get it fixed before the August 18. The last thing we want to see is to make anything about MSFS touch politics.  

Oh my....This thread is going political!!!

Actually that wouldn't be bad it will be a diversion from all the silly worries people are having about a product that HAS NOT been released yet. 

File the complaints at the White House after August 18th.

• Like 1

Of course I'm not going to be the one petitioning the WH for a MSFS DC fix. All I'm saying is that MSFS could get some bad publicity which can be easily avoided. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

25 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Do you want every capital city in the game to have custom buildings? it would only be fair if American HAS to have some.

Edited by Tuskin38

23 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

My comments were a bit tongue in cheek. I mean, I would love DC to look correct as I am down there all the time (I actually live in Northern VA), but I think saying they 'better get it fixed' is a bit strong. But next to maybe New York City (which looks great from videos) DC is probably the most iconic looking major city in the US, and I am sure plenty of people will be making fun of this if this is how it looks on release. And yes, unfortunately, people will probably make it political somehow...

But it's the first thing I will look for on release! (I took some flying lessons out of Manassas, but always flew west. As most of you probably know you cannot fly over DC. I mean nothing, not just planes, not even little kiddie drones - I live within the no drone fly zone)

29 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

This is absolutely atrocious. Given MS is an American company and MSFS is attracting a large crowd besides hardcore simmers, they better get it fixed before the August 18. The last thing we want to see is to make anything about MSFS touch politics

I think it's less about politics and more about high-resolution 3-d satellite data for the capital being freely avail to a non-US entity (Asobo, the primary dev is located outside the US)

Despite that, exhale and trust that there will either be an update, or a 3rd party developer that will fix it.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I believe landmarks must be handcrafted, but not by blackshark.ai

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

that is the problem with hype

back to reality ! no sim has ever been perfect and this is not an exception

• Like 3

DC is quite a large/iconic city so you'd expect better coverage and quality of imagery.. but even if it isn't one of the 'select' cities... i'm not sure why it looks so much worse than other generic cities, some of which still look stunning despite being AI produced. Those images look FSX level.

Edited by AllRed
  • Like 2

It probably doesn't help that those particular spots fall within a prohibited area, making photogrammetry/low altitude aerial imagery impossible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AllRed said:

DC is quite a large/iconic city so you'd expect better coverage and quality of imagery.. but even if it isn't one of the 'select' cities... i'm not sure why it looks so much worse than other generic cities, some of which still look stunning despite being AI produced. Those images look FSX level.

Probably because of national security reasons.

At one point in time those two buildings flanking to the left and right of the White House were censored, though they don't seem to be anymore.

Yes DC does need to be fixed, looks bad, and what's up with the bridges, or any of the elevated roads ?