Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

TROPICALSIM SBGR in V5

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the Tropical Sim Sao Paulo (SBGR) scenery into V5. It mostly works, except I had two issues:

- Everything sunk through the ground (see attached image) https://imgur.com/5YQ4DxK
- I couldn't capture the ILS

Would someone have anyway I could correct it?

Many thanks

I think you already know that Tropical Sim's SBGR is not yet compatible with P3Dv5, but your picture looks essentially Ok. The ILS issue I don't know, but I think you could try to add the missing ILS using ADE (Airport Design Editor).

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

V5 changed a lot of elevation and mesh data so sceneries for previous simulators may have issues. While the developers are getting there sceneries up to date, the nice folks at inibuilds released exclude files and fixes to help enjoy the sceneries in V5. I don't see your particular airport listed but they have a few others and are continually adding to it. See the page here:

https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scenery-compatibility-files

Hope that helps.

You could use ADE . Change altitude of airport to whatever v5 uses for stock airport altitude and also check ILS.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

4 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

- I couldn't capture the ILS

That´s because for the Rwy 09R the old database had frequency 111.50 and now (current Airac) for the same 09R is 111.70.

And as Mr Ed said above, Tropical Sim's SBGR is not yet compatible with P3Dv5.

Rgds

Edited by hmuller

Hamilton Müller

The 9R ILS IDENT name also changed to IGH, you can change it with ADE, delete the ILS using the approach mode and place a new one with all the same data but with new ident name and freq

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg