Sign in to follow this  
Ident

MSFS needs people

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Others have stated it already many times. To add just a few "persons" would make the lack of them very conspicuous. Either you have to populate the MSFS world with tens of thousands or none at all. And as somebody else stated, fine, but I would want to turn them off entirely. We've been flight simming for years now without "people." I get that it's fun to have animals, but to me they will lose interest quickly and I'll turn them off if I have a chance.

United001

• Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

Back before Microsoft shut down flightsim development, they did show screenshots and videos of passengers in the planned ESP world which would form the basis of both the next flight and train simulators. I can't find any sign of this now, but I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it... 

Kinda funny, usually people want to know what's the performance like? Now people are wondering if publisher can put more drag on the program. (lol).

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

5 hours ago, toprob said:

Back before Microsoft shut down flightsim development, they did show screenshots and videos of passengers in the planned ESP world which would form the basis of both the next flight and train simulators. I can't find any sign of this now, but I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it... 

Oh ! - they are there in train Sims - unfortunately they are the same people at every station - even in different countries

The females are all tall and thin - and the blokes wear sweaters --- no fat people at all !! 🤗

With the release of MSFS all people will stay at home and sim anyway. The in-sim depiction of the outside world void of people thus is correct come August 18th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

The females are all tall and thin - and the blokes wear sweaters --- no fat people at all !! 🤗

The fat people were unable to outrun Skynet's killer 'droids.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

36 minutes ago, Chock said:

The fat people were unable to outrun Skynet's killer 'droids.

They were bigger targets too, and easier to hit.

I see enough fat people in my mirrors and at the local Wal*Mart. I don't wanna look at them in my flight sim too. 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 minutes ago, ozzyneil said:

There's some of us who prefer no people in the world.

And more cats......

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

And more cats......

My cat (Fat B******) approves of this message. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

May be a big hint that Orbx has announced KSBA Santa Barbara for MSFS and the hi res screen shots show great detail, numerous parked road and service vehicles, but no people. Social distancing?  Not even people wearing masks....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just as an aside, Colbert's Late Show would have been cancelled long ago if the election had gone the other way...

I will not be satisfied until ants are simulated in microsoft flight simulator.  Down to each individual ants needs and wants in each colony.

I paid for this simulator and i demand ants.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

Down to each individual ants needs and wants in each colony.

Sim Ant is just what you need.  Great game.  Final goal:  take over the house and drive out the humans.  It doesn't get much better than this. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;