Sign in to follow this  
Ident

MSFS needs people

Theres a lot of life in the coming sim with animals, road traffic, boats, real time air traffic but when I was watching a video of someone flying over the Taj, I realized the planet still looks dead. I hope once the sim gets released and all the physics of flight are fine tuned that Asobo looks at expanding the sim with more life. No more empty beaches, attraction places have crowds of ppl, major cities have sidewalk traffic, seabases have people fishing, airports have active parking lots of ppl and cars coming and going. Animated life of people in places that can be seen from the air would be a great addition down the road.

• Like 5

Agreed that would be cool.

But guaranteed - lots of animated people would be a performance hit of major proportions.  We'd sure want that to be an option with the default being OFF, if it ever appeared.

Dutch

• Like 3

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

2 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Oh lord. 

Only animated on Late Show with Steven Colbert!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

tongue in cheek ...

They would have to include social distancing on them beachers ofc.

also yer, some dog being taken for walks would be nice or even some small road traffic accidents here and there, no one harmed ofc. Or the M25 in the UK totally grid locked.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I recommend you look into games like The Sims, Sim City and Planet Zoo. Those have what you're looking for. 🤣

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

People would be great. 

But please Asobo, not like Orbx where the five people walking about airside at your departure airfield are magically there when you arrive  at your destination 300 NM to the north.

• Like 1

This would be the kind of feature where, if implemented, would require extreme amounts of rendering resources. If they implemented this by default, everyone would complain that the sim is badly optimized. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 2

A smart use of instancing would allow this without too much of a hit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

require extreme amounts of rendering resources.

That's ok, they can use dynamic rendering to show more when you have the resources, less when you don't.  Then we can watch people pop in and out. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

And there was time, when it was cool to have some AI-traffic after being the alone in the empty world...

• Upvote 1

Not just people but Children as well... Would be weird to see no kids or babies!

Chris Camp

Well if talking about people, first there should be something like GSX does, onboarding passangers (and see them inside also). I know it's just cosmetics,  but at the end it wouldn't be bad not looking a whole 747 passanger cabin empty. 😁

It needs one of these more than it needs people:

SRU9DHq.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Ident said:

Theres a lot of life in the coming sim with animals, road traffic, boats, real time air traffic but when I was watching a video of someone flying over the Taj, I realized the planet still looks dead. I hope once the sim gets released and all the physics of flight are fine tuned that Asobo looks at expanding the sim with more life. No more empty beaches, attraction places have crowds of ppl, major cities have sidewalk traffic, seabases have people fishing, airports have active parking lots of ppl and cars coming and going. Animated life of people in places that can be seen from the air would be a great addition down the road.

All of this would be great, but also comes with an expensive performance cost, and probably crowds of people noticeably popping in and out of existence

• Like 1