Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

LatinVFR Hartford KBDL

LatinVFR just released Hartford Windsor Locks Airport yesterday and it looks great. This airport has been on my wish list for years. I am torn as to whether I should get this now that MSFS is less than two weeks away. Has anyone bought this one yet? Also, does anyone know if this would perhaps be upgraded for MSFS as I doubt this airport would be considered in the new sim. If I I knew this would be upgraded for MSFS I would buy it right now.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Pretty sure it'll come to MFS, but it'd be nice to get more details. 

Per their announcement:

Later on we will give more details in regards to our MSFS plans, but you can count on LVFR becoming engaged on that sim!

3 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Pretty sure it'll come to MFS, but it'd be nice to get more details. 

Per their announcement:

Great! Thanks for that info. Since I just got the PMDG 747 with the sale (because I couldn’t help myself) I guess I may give KBDL a shot.

Cheers, Pete

I got it. Its nice. BDL isn't a fancy airport. I wont be switching to MSFS 2020 until the payware aircraft become available

Richie Walsh

45 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

I got it. Its nice. BDL isn't a fancy airport. I wont be switching to MSFS 2020 until the payware aircraft become available

Great! I’ve flown into there a couple of times and even stayed in the airport hotel one night. Definitely not fancy but holds a special place for me.

Cheers, Pete

I would be surprised if this one didn't make it to the new sim considering how close to MSFS's release it has been released. I will even speculate that development work might have included work for MSFS already.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The snow on the ground looks really good.

BDL_27_2048x.jpg?v=1596838962

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I have it and it's another beautiful airport by LatinVFR. Ricardo has not ceased to impress me with his latest airports. I'm still on P3D v4.5 until FS2020 is released. If anyone want me to post some pics, please let me know.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I got it too.  BDL was my home airport until around 1999.  He did a great job.  Already done a few flights in/out.  Really looking fwd to winter ops in a few months.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I went ahead and got it, and of course it is very well done.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Quick story:

More than 20 years ago, I did my initial student pilot long cross country flight to meet the requirements for my private pilot certificate from KFRG-KBDL-KDXR-KFRG. It was a hell of flight.

At KBDL, I had to land behind an airliner, request a vfr clearance to get out of Bradley, weather became hazy on my way to Danbury and I almost landed on the wrong runway.

I grateful that I got it done safely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Quick story:

More than 20 years ago, I did my initial student pilot long cross country flight to meet the requirements for my private pilot certificate from KFRG-KBDL-KDXR-KFRG. It was a hell of flight.

At KBDL, I had to land behind an airliner, request a vfr clearance to get out of Bradley, weather became hazy on my way to Danbury and I almost landed on the wrong runway.

I grateful that I got it done safely.

That sounds like a very cool flight. The only large commercial airport I have ever flown into was Milwaukee Mitchell International, which I did a few times. I got my license 8 miles west of O’Hare and you basically stayed away from O’Hare! Even Midway charges a bunch of money to land there, so outside of using their controllers to go the lakefront I never landed there either. By the way we really need a good KMKE for the flight sim!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1