Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

How many controllers can MSF handle

I've had a good old search but not come up with an answer (Cue someone with a link)

I like to fly with, as near as possible, the same controller set up as the plane I'm flying. i.e. Stick and left hand throttle for such as warbirds, yoke and TPM for Cessnas etc. yoke and quadrant for twins. You get the idea.

Can MSF(2020) handle that requirement? My finger is on the trigger for a pre-purchase.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

there is a list of 'supported controllers' some where but i failed to locate it - they state that even if your controller is not on the list it should work but may not have the correct buttons setup by default

all that means for us is that all your normal controllers (yoke, joystick, throttles, pedals) should work - the only thing i have not seen is whether addon guages will work also, but i suspect thats up to the manufacturer to make it compatible with simconnect
they have said they expect to make full on cockpit setups work so i suspect all of your common controllers will be supported 'out of the box' with only some custom button/axis configuration needed

Edited by AirWayMan

Ron - John Dowson has indicated that there will be a version of FSUIPC available for MSFS2020. I do the same as you, an x55 for stick a/c and ch yoke/rudders and TQ for other. Have them all plugged in all the time. Using FSUIPC I have profiles set up so that when I select a/c, the proper device is activated. If MSFS2020 cannot do that natively, I'll just go with FSUIPC.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic, FSUIPC was to be my next stop. Frankly, I would be gutted to lose my profiles. That is great news, thanks. Thank you AirWayMan for your response too. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

My finger is on the trigger for a pre-purchase.

But why?

There's literally no reason at all to pre-purchase.

SPAD neXt works with MSFS.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

47 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

But why?

There's literally no reason at all to pre-purchase.

Oh well, I won't then.

On reflection, what does it matter to you?

Edited by Ron Attwood
Reflection

24 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

SPAD neXt works with MSFS.

I'm sure it does but I tried it and didn't like it. I'm a bit of a 'Don't clutter up the sim with stuff you don't like' guy. FSUIPC is pretty much as far as I go with add on 'apps'.

Well I know youtube guys are using Xbox controllers for the drone cam - whilst at the same time using their Yokes/Sticks + throttle 

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

IMHO the drone cam is nice if you do videos but utterly useless if you use MSFS2020 as a flight sim, unless you just want to look around. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

10 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Oh well, I won't then.

On reflection, what does it matter to you?

Well you kind of asked or were implying you might.

There is absolutely no benefit to making a pre-purchase of the game. 

So I would say someone was right to point this out to you.

• Upvote 1

You can have multiple controllers attached and each can even have its own (or several) profile(s). No need for fsuipc atm.

Cheers T.

• Like 1

To use an WIFI X box controller with a PC - you need a special Windows gadget  that goes into a USB port.

If the controller is a USB wired then you need a separate USB port for that as well

8 hours ago, vgbaron said:

IMHO the drone cam is nice if you do videos but utterly useless if you use MSFS2020 as a flight sim, unless you just want to look around. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Uh, Vic?  I think looking around is the whole point of the drone cam. 😄 

I haven't messed with it at all but it gives a lot of flexibility.  

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

For Car Racing Simming I have 7 USB "controllers" in total, for Flight they'll go upto 8, why?

Because when I Fly in VR I'd like to use all those same controllers as "muscle memory" will dictate my virtual cockpit, I want to do that without the keyboard/mouse if at all possible.

So for me the Number of USB Devices Supported is crucial, here's my list:

- VR HMD (Reverb G1)

- Saitek X45

- T300 (Thrustmaster Steering Wheel)

- G25 (car racing Pedals, until i can get proper rudder pedals)

- Sequential Gear Shifter (probably could do without this in Flight sims)

- SNES Controller (used as a Button Box)

- USB Keypad (Numpad with 19 keys on it)

- Home made Button Box plus Joystick USB

Plus add on to that the USB Wireless keyboard & mouse.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)