Sign in to follow this  
imaflightsimmer

FS2020 performance

Those who know can't say because of the NDA and it's also in beta right now. It's not long until Aug 18, I suggest you wait and see what the consensus is then. You can subscribe to the Xbox gamepass for very little money for one month which will give you access to the simulator so you can try it out on your own computer and see how it works for you.

I will say however that I've found performance isn't as much of a concern as it is with older simulators.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

Those who know can't say because of the NDA and it's also in beta right now. It's not long until Aug 18, I suggest you wait and see what the consensus is then. You can subscribe to the Xbox gamepass for very little money for one month which will give you access to the simulator so you can try it out on your own computer and see how it works for you.

I will say however that I've found performance isn't as much of a concern as it is with older simulators.

My PC is not able to run FS2020 as far as I know, I am just wondering cause I want to know what parts I should get if I were to build a PC, and what performance I would get with them.

50 minutes ago, imaflightsimmer said:

My PC is not able to run FS2020 as far as I know, I am just wondering cause I want to know what parts I should get if I were to build a PC, and what performance I would get with them.

May be the XBOX Series X would be a cheaper option has the power to run MSFS at ideal specs for a 1/3rd of the price of a PC, wait and see when it`s released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

54 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

May be the XBOX Series X would be a cheaper option has the power to run MSFS at ideal specs for a 1/3rd of the price of a PC, wait and see when it`s released.

Almost a year ago, I predicted that many of us would eventually purchase the new XBOX Series X to fly the new sim. Performance of the new sim is far better than I ever anticipated. But for those contemplating buying a new computer to replace a truly antiquated system, I agree with G-RFRY that a new XBOX Series X would be more economical and probably perform just as well or better than a PC.

Edited by David Mills
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

Almost a year ago, I predicted that many of us would eventually purchase the new XBOX Series X to fly the new sim. Performance of the new sim is far better than I ever anticipated. But for those contemplating buying a new computer to replace a truly antiquated system, I agree with G-RFRY that a new XBOX Series X would be more economical and probably perform just as well or better than a PC.

My only concern is add-ons, but Microsoft will probably make a system where you can get them on XBOX too, and also joystick compatibility.

• Like 1

When it comes out, spend a $1 and try it with Xbox gamepass.

I don't think you'll be happy at minimum specs though. There's a lot of eye candy missing (specifically resolution, draw distance, and cloud quality) missing on low settings.

9 hours ago, imaflightsimmer said:

How well would FS2020 run and look when running the minimum specs?

You will know from various reports once the game releases. It's pre-mature to know at this point.

Not sure why, but I would have just waited and seen reports of how it does.

7 hours ago, David Mills said:

I agree with G-RFRY that a new XBOX Series X would be more economical and probably perform just as well or better than a PC.

If... IF they ever get it ported to XBox, we have no idea how it will run.

It might be amusing if they sold a new XBox along with MSFS as a package for a reduced price.  Possibly along with discounted controllers.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 hours ago, imaflightsimmer said:

My only concern is add-ons, but Microsoft will probably make a system where you can get them on XBOX too, and also joystick compatibility.

Joystick keyboard and flight controls are not a problem for game console, as for DLC also not a problem i can`t say more you will see soon. XBOX Series X is on par with a top end gaming PC running a 2080ti in terms of 4K fps could match any PC and my be better.

Raymond Fry.

Well in light of this news about the XBox-X Ill just junk my new PC that i bought 3 weeks ago that cost my $2500 and buy the console instead. Were where you 3 weeks ago....

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

1 hour ago, Riah069 said:

Well in light of this news about the XBox-X Ill just junk my new PC that i bought 3 weeks ago that cost my $2500 and buy the console instead. Were where you 3 weeks ago....

Just think how fast that new PC will run Notepad! 😄 

We'll all be flying MSFS on our PCs while the console people will have to wait a while.  If you thought August 18 was a long time off, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The lawyers are getting ready. 

Raymond Fry.

56 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Just think how fast that new PC will run Notepad! 😄 

We'll all be flying MSFS on our PCs while the console people will have to wait a while.  If you thought August 18 was a long time off, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Hook

I forgot about notepad mate. Thxs for the reminder. How could i have forgotten 🙂 I shall now keep my PC.

• Like 1

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080