Sign in to follow this  
gollum65

A couple of C441 questions

Hello,

I'm looking at buying the FSW C441 but after reading the various web pages with product info, and FAQs, I'm a bit unclear on 3 questions:

1)  Is the C441 compatible with and will install into P3D v5 HF2?

2)  I have both the F1 and RXP GTN 750s.  On the FAQ page it says to use an aircraft with a GTN just select that variant when you select the aircraft, but that's referring to old FSX aircraft selection screens.  P3D does not, to my knowledge, offer variant choices other than to list them as separate aircraft.

3)  Also, the FAQ refers to selecting a variant with the MilViz wx radar.  I don't own the Milviz weather radar.  Can I select an aircraft that doesn't have the radar?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it will install in V5 - you can just point the installer at that directory no problem. Here it is running in V5 no problem with the latest hotfix 2 patch:

iVYLlQn.png

I presume that bit about 'selecting the version you want', is referring to this choice which you can make during the installation process:

lCZFkgr.png

This is what you get selection-wise in P3D V5:

ZrDzvZw.png

If you don't have the radar, it will just function like the real aeroplane when that is not fitted with a radar, which of course is sometimes the case.

Be sure to read up on how the prop start locks work to avoid frustration and use the built-in menus for the aeroplane to operate these.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, gollum65 said:

Hello,

I'm looking at buying the FSW C441 but after reading the various web pages with product info, and FAQs, I'm a bit unclear on 3 questions:

1)  Is the C441 compatible with and will install into P3D v5 HF2?

2)  I have both the F1 and RXP GTN 750s.  On the FAQ page it says to use an aircraft with a GTN just select that variant when you select the aircraft, but that's referring to old FSX aircraft selection screens.  P3D does not, to my knowledge, offer variant choices other than to list them as separate aircraft.

3)  Also, the FAQ refers to selecting a variant with the MilViz wx radar.  I don't own the Milviz weather radar.  Can I select an aircraft that doesn't have the radar?

Thanks in advance

I have the FSW C441 installed in P3Dv5 HF2. See the instructions posted by FSW here  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573389-p3d-v5-instructions-for-installing-our-products/  .  You essentially run the installer for P3D4 but redirect the install location to P3D5 .

The C441 will probably install with the Flight1 GN750 since you have that, but you can later switch to the RXP GTN750 using the tools RXP provides for that.

The REX-Milviz WX radar is built into the C441 panel -- you cannot remove it. This wx radar has not yet been updated for P3Dv5 HF2, so it doesn't work for anyone. So the screen will be blank.

However, I have developed a mod that simply uses the wx radar screen to display other info, as shown in the C441 below, just so I don't have a blank screen all the time. The wx radar bezel knobs still don't do anything, you click on the wx radar screen to change what is displayed, or to turn the display off. As you can see, it displays the wind direction along with the crosswind and headwind/tailwind components, current magnetic variation, WCA (Wind Correction Angle if the AP is following a flight plan course  -- not shown below), true airspeed, ground speed, and the altimeter setting that you have set. If the actual altimeter setting differs from what you have set by more than 0.02, the altimeter setting will turn red and flash to remind you to reset your altimeter. Understand this is not a Flysimware sanctioned mod in any way. If you, or anyone, is interested in this, let me know via PM. It is relative easy to set up.

Al

bd897ce205.png

d79b3ad19b.png

Edited by ark

Thanks for both responses.  That helps a lot.  If I do decide to get the C441 I'll probably be in touch about that mod.  I'm just trying to decide if I want the FSW or the Caranado/Alabeo C310R?  I kinda wanted something more like a 4 or 5 seater, but I also know Carenado is lacking in fidelity of systems.  So still trying to decide.

Thanks again

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the Alabeo C441.

It's true that the Alabeo is a slight bit prettier than the FSW C441, but that's all, it's not even close to the FSW in any other respect, and especially as far as realism or accuracy of systems goes. And yes, I do have both of them; the Alabeo C441 is literally the worst FS add-on I have ever bought, it's awful. Stick with the FSW one.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for both responses.  That helps a lot.  If I do decide to get the C441 I'll probably be in touch about that mod.  I'm just trying to decide if I want the FSW or the Caranado/Alabeo C310R?  I kinda wanted something more like a 4 or 5 seater, but I also know Carenado is lacking in fidelity of systems.  So still trying to decide.

Thanks again

The Milviz Cessna 310R is by far the best light twin simulation on the market, imo.  Don't waste your time with Carenado/Alabeo.  Just my 2 cents.

Stew

• Like 2

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Pretty much the responses I expected to get.  😛  Any idea when the Milviz is going to be P3D v5 compatible Steve?

I have no idea.  You would have to ask over at their forum here at Avsim, or go to Milviz.com.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

15 hours ago, Chock said:

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the Alabeo C441.

It's true that the Alabeo is a slight bit prettier than the FSW C441, but that's all, it's not even close to the FSW in any other respect, and especially as far as realism or accuracy of systems goes. And yes, I do have both of them; the Alabeo C441 is literally the worst FS add-on I have ever bought, it's awful. Stick with the FSW one.

8 hours ago, StewartH said:

I have no idea.  You would have to ask over at their forum here at Avsim, or go to Milviz.com.

I agree, Carenado and Alabeo aircraft look really good, but when it comes to flight dynamics, systems modeling, and things simply working like they should, avoid Carenado and Alabeo. *

*Or, as I like to call them, Care-not-o and A-lame-o.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Bit harsh, some Carenado and Alabeo stuff is pretty good. I recommend their Diamond Twins, their Beech D18S, and their little crop dusters. It's the ones with complex engine combustion and fancy avionics where stuff gets a bit cack.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Yeah I am leery of Carenado/Alabeo products.  I bought the Carenado Meridian a month or so ago when their products were on sale.  It's a fun little plane to fly, but the avionics that look more complex than they are tend to be a problem, and I can't swap out their crappy GPS for my GTN.  Now they do offer a lot of planes that allow GTN integration,. but they worry me because of the Meridian's simplicity.  I couldn't imagine doing a 500 mile flight in the Meridian.

Looking more about the Flysimware C441 or C402, the thing that gives me pause about them is that from what I can tell the panels and cockpits still look 2D/FSX quality.  Have either of these aircraft had their interiors updated for P3D?  Do they even have VCs?  It doesn't look like it from what I've seen, but it's hard to find any decent screenshots or videos of either aircraft.

Yes, I'm picky.  LOL.  I guess I'm spoiled by the A2A Comanche and C172.  I wouldn't say I'm looking for that extreme fidelity that A2A products offer, but I do want something that looks nice inside and out and is fun to fly, yet presents some level of challenge.  If anyone can recommend a light twin by Carenado, Alabeo, or Flysimware that fits those criteria I'm happy to get it.

Thanks again for your responses.

Have either of these aircraft had their interiors updated for P3D?  Do they even have VCs? 

No, the Flysimware C441 or C402 interiors have not been updated specifically for P3D, but they certainly do have complete VCs and good systems. And the same holds true for the Flysimware MU-2 which is a popular Flysimware offering.e.g. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/577002-the-funnest-turboprop-twin/

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Both the MU-2 and C-441 great sims!  Although, using dual GTN750 gps units, the navs don’t output to the RMI needles!  
Has anyone else seen this issue? I have both installed in p3d4.5 hf2 and p3dv5.

Barry

5 hours ago, deirpo said:

Both the MU-2 and C-441 great sims!  Although, using dual GTN750 gps units, the navs don’t output to the RMI needles!  
Has anyone else seen this issue? I have both installed in p3d4.5 hf2 and p3dv5.

Barry

I tried the FSW C441 in P3D4.5 with dual GTN 750s in the panel, and the RMIs work for me.

The FSW MU2 was not developed for dual GTN 750s and the installer does not provide that option as far as I can see.

Do the RMIs work if you just use a single GTN 750 in the MU2 and C441?

Al

Edited by ark