Sign in to follow this  
gollum65

A couple of C441 questions

Hi Ark,

Are you using F1 or RXP GTN750 units?

I am using the RXP GTN750s in the FSW C441.

I tried the F1 GTN750 units but, I could not figure out how to get the right GTN (copilot) screen to show anything but black.  The left GTN unit works fine!  However, the rmi has no input.  

As a result, I am flying the C441 with two RXP GTN750s.  The left is master and is connected to the HSI in gps and vloc modes.  The right is not master and is connected to the OBS in vloc.  

I am interested to know how you are getting the RMIs to acquire a vor or adf signal?

In the MU-2 I’ve been using the F1 GTN750 for years and the RMI works like the real thing. I hope we get that new panel I’ve hear rumors about! 

Thanks for the interest!

Would appreciate any help.

Barry

Yup, stick with FSW for systems and Garrett "trueness" in the Moo and 441. The upcoming 414 is going to blow our socks off, and I am foaming at the mouth to get my hands on it!

21 hours ago, deirpo said:

Would appreciate any help.

Barry,

You are correct, there apparently is a problem with the most recent C441 installer. I had been using ver 2.3a of the C441 and the rmi worked, but not with ver 2.4.  Will be back 'here' when we get things figured out.

Al

Edited by ark

Al, 

I also used ver 2.4 to install in P3D4.5 and 5.0.

Btw, I also have the dual RXP GTN750 in the Extreme Prototypes GLJ25 and they work awesome with RMI. What a hot rod!

Barry

Edited by deirpo

11 hours ago, deirpo said:

I also used ver 2.4 to install in P3D4.5 and 5.0.

The RMI problem with ver 2.4 of the C441 has been found. An updated C441 ver 2.5 will be sent to the stores soon and you should get a notice from your store.  If you don't hear something in a week or so contact the store.

Al

Thanks Ark,

I installed with v2.5 and the RMI is fixed👍

Now, if I can just get the copilot F1GTN750 to show the trainer screen like the left unit. All I see is a black screen.  I can use the DME to tune the #2 Nav and the RMI shows proper bearing to station.  Ident code can be heard using audio panel on GTN1 to select Nav2.

If anyone else is having this issue I'd like to know their thoughts and/or solutions.

Thanks again for the RMI fix

Barry

2 hours ago, deirpo said:

Now, if I can just get the copilot F1GTN750 to show the trainer screen like the left unit.

Maybe try a C441 reinstall, including reinstalling the latest RX PGTN750.  I just don't have that problem so can't really do any troubleshooting here.

Al

Hello,

Could you confirm the v2.5 was released to other stores ? Simmarket still propose me to download v2.4 (file name is v2.4). I’ve contacted them yesterday but they answered me they were offering the last file they have in hand...

thanks,

Antoine Lebourg

119019.png

I forgot to upload to Simmarket when i updated to all stores. I just uploaded now so should be ready in 24 hours.