Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Video landing in Paro (a320)

Didn't see anyone linking this one, and I found it pretty kewl:

Love the sound effects of all the trollies flying around in the cabin on touch down. Also noticed how the houses look pretty similar to the type of style they have in Bhutan (as far as I can remember). Absolutely amazing, I felt like it was real at times. I don't, unfortunately ,expect much from the tubeliners on release, but it doesn't bother me. I trust Asobo will work hard and we will get awesome default planes in msfs eventually. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

That was a great video!  So many cool places to explore and fly to.  

• Like 2

Anthony Neumann

Looks a bit hair-raising....... Bet nobody does this at night.........

Also.... I can see a LOT of people will probably end up buying more powerful graphics cards and systems.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Exciting approach it was! Looked amazing. Little high at the end but I'm sure we'll all end up doing that at some stage, 

Me doing the same (coming in the other way) on Default FSX eight years ago, for a scenery comparison (iFly 737NG):

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Me doing this landing in XP11 (Zibo 737)

• Like 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

@HiFlyer Andreas posted the same topic before you so I merged your topic to his.

Hopefully this doesn’t get like the animals video where people started 4 topics on the same video without looking to see if someone already posted it.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@HiFlyer Andreas posted the same topic before you so I merged your topic to his.

Hopefully this doesn’t get like the animals video where people started 4 topics on the same video without looking to see if someone already posted it.

Its strange..... The videos are identical, but Andreas post appears to be possibly "borrowed" by a gent named Ahmet Rüzgâr, and re-posted.

Despite the title, the video is in 1080p, instead of the original from the actual creator, Variable, which is indeed in 4K

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Despite the title, the video is in 1080p, instead of the original from the actual creator, Variable, which is indeed in 4K

That’s why I didn’t hide your video, but we don’t need multiple topics on the same video in different resolutions.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Its strange..... The videos are identical, but Andreas post appears to be possibly "borrowed" by a gent named Ahmet Rüzgâr, and re-posted.

People do that in the hope of getting more channel views and possibly gaining some subscribers. It's a bit dodgy in legal terms, unless you have permission.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Strange indeed!  Looks better in 4K (if you have a 4K monitor that is LOL!)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Why do people seem to never get a POV thats right? In most videos i have seen they cant even look above the glareshield and what's infront of them. Like they are 4 foot tall.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

You're welcome!

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Why do people seem to never get a POV thats right? In most videos i have seen they cant even look above the glareshield and what's infront of them. Like they are 4 foot tall.

I don't think we're watching the same kind of POV videos.  4 feet people stuff just isn't my thing.

Landing in Paro is tough.

Edited by Dreamflight767
  • Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

36 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I don't think we're watching the same kind of POV videos.  4 feet people stuff just isn't my thing.

Landing in Paro is tough.

So funny!

Yeah but before executing such a tough approach, i'd set up my seat right so i am able to see whats in front of my plane.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11