Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

St Maarten to San Juan (TBM930) (TNCM-TJSJ)

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It seems he is unhappy with this seating view as he complains about it (obviously too low and far away) but is unable to move around the cockpit to change it. Is this not possible in the beta?

Edited by hangar

1 hour ago, hangar said:

It seems he is unhappy with this seating view as he complains about it (obviously too low and far away) but is unable to move around the cockpit to change it. Is this not possible in the beta?

It is...

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, hangar said:

Documentation is a little light.  It took me several hours to figure out how to get the camera the way I wanted, but I figured out the zoom before I even started my engine the first time.  Lots of ways to get the camera the way you want.

Note:  "a little light" = "none whatsoever, good luck figuring anything out"

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Princess Juliana looks so disappointing. When they announced the list of hand crafted airports I was surprised to see that SABA had the custom treatment but TNCM didn't. However I was hopeful that it would still look good but honestly it doesn't look any better than it did in FSX. At least in FSX it had some custom buildings. And what's with the patches of water all around the taxiway? I hope asobo improve it down the line as TNCM used to be such a fun place to fly in multiplayer when doing landing challenges and fly outs.

• Like 1

For me, SABA has always been a landmark in the Caribbean.  I fly by it every time I fly to or from the Caribbean.  SABA was also a major landmark in my sailing games.  I'm glad it got the full treatment.

TNCM was the showcase airport in FSX and was featured in the demo.  They tricked it out every way they could, but you won't see any other default areas looking the same. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

There are a few things that do NOT impress me about the soon to be released FS2020. I hope that FlyTampa & Latin VFR update their airports to work with the new sim. I envisioned buying a new sim with beautiful photo terrain, coastlines, and updated airports. Now I've come to the realization that what I'm buying is an updated platform that is going to try to milk me dry. It ain't happening!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I envisioned buying a new sim with beautiful photo terrain, coastlines, and updated airports.

That's what you'll be getting.  But in the end it's still just a flight simulator.

If you ever accidentally fly outside the areas that Fly Tampa and Latin VFR cover, it will still look pretty good.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

I know the real TNCM very well, have to go there for work regularly. For now, the appearance is really a little bit disappointing, but I hope, an add-on will solve it soon. Another big problem are the huge "mammut trees" on the hills. I hope, this can be fixed... 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LHookins said:

That's what you'll be getting.  But in the end it's still just a flight simulator.

If you ever accidentally fly outside the areas that Fly Tampa and Latin VFR cover, it will still look pretty good.

Hook

I get it! Some cities and airports look amazing in the new sim, but I expected that the Caribbean, Bahamas, Tahiti, and the Greek Islands would get some love. If the new sim failed to deliver one of the most iconic and premier destinations in the Caribbean, what Caribbean airports did they improve? TNCM is one of the most beloved airports in FSX. The dev team should have invested some time in making it look as amazing as the rest of the sim.

I also saw the LGSK video and I was not impressed. 29Palms has an amazing LGSK & LGSM and there's FlyTampa's Athens & Corfu. These destinations have been developed and they look amazing in P3D v4.5. I'm so disappointed with what I've seen that I'm very discouraged right now because I wanted to move on from P3D. I hope that they give tropical destinations the love that they deserve.

Lastly, I'm a big fan of GodZone airports. I saw a video of Nelson, NZ in MS2020 and I had to LOL. GodZone has some beautiful airports that I hope are updated. It would be a shame for me to have to keep P3D v4 on my computer when I'm ready to move on.

No rant! Just pointing out what's unfolding right in front of me.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, LarsA said:

I know the real TNCM very well, have to go there for work regularly. For now, the appearance is really a little bit disappointing, but I hope, an add-on will solve it soon. Another big problem are the huge "mammut trees" on the hills. I hope, this can be fixed... 

One can hope, since there is talk of flytampa entering the fray, they they might see fit to do something in this area.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I watched that video yesterday, and I thought that for a stock field, TNCM wasn't bad. The trees on the hill just look ridiculous. It's even worse at TFFJ. It looks like you're landing in a forest. But I can't imagine that FlyTampa won't hit this. 

Other things in the video bugged me, like pushing back the aircraft while it was running, having to ask for clearance through a charlie airspace that you took off into. Some of the ATC phraseology makes me wonder if any pilots were involved in the development. 

But then you look at STT from the air and it's just stunning.  Same for the approach into San Juan. The cityscape is just amazing. 

I will be doing 90% of my flying in this area. I remain where I started when this sim was announced: "we shall see." But for all the hype, it had better live up to it...

Edited by mtr75

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

I remain where I started: "we shall see." But for all they hype, it had better live up to it...

In the end, its probably all going to depend on what people individually expect, and also what each person is looking to get out of it. 

I'm more interested in the updated graphics, but also understand both that there are limits, and that its still early days.

Someone more interested in systems, may find them lacking compared to legacy sims, but to me, that just goes back to the fact that its still early days.

Lets see where we are in a few years.......

Devons rig