Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

St Maarten to San Juan (TBM930) (TNCM-TJSJ)

5 minutes ago, Carlosx said:

Did anyone notice the lack of any tropical or shallow waters around the islands?

Depends on location. Some places seem to have it, some don't. May be a WIP

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

16 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

But for all the hype, it had better live up to it...

I think that it's revolutionary and we will certain appreciate the photo terrain and amazing weather generator. Beautiful night lighting is also a major plus! But, my goodness, one voice for ATC, GS is a laughable, and there are so many airports that need to be addressed that I'm sure that I'll need to spend hundreds to get what I currently have in P3D v4.

BTW I forgot about Hawaii.

8 minutes ago, Carlosx said:

Did anyone notice the lack of any tropical or shallow waters around the islands?

I did!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As a base simulator, this beats the pants off P3D so hard, it's not even funny anymore. P3D has gotten away with for too long with simply recycling the same old same old. Lockheed Martin's executives are probably crying tthemselves to sleep mumbling: but we're a military and commercial sim....

This video shows it warts and all. Clearly, there are major bugs and visual oddities. But as a starting point, this has no competition.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

As a base simulator, this beats the pants off P3D so hard, it's not even funny anymore. P3D has gotten away with for too long with simply recycling the same old same old. Lockheed Martin's executives are probably crying tthemselves to sleep mumbling: but we're a military and commercial sim....

This video shows it warts and all. Clearly, there are major bugs and visual oddities. But as a starting point, this has no competition.

AND 3rd party devs will make it even better and keep it relevant.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

As a base simulator, this beats the pants off P3D so hard, it's not even funny anymore.

Graphically, I would say absolutely, But of course LM likely has other and possibly more important priorities relating to their actual primary market.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

46 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Depends on location. Some places seem to have it, some don't. May be a WIP

Which places have it (besides what's shown in official trailers) ?

Just now, Carlosx said:

Which places have it (besides what's shown in official trailers) ?

This is the part where I hold up the holy nda  of antioch as a shield. Only a few more days, guys. 😺

• Like 2

Devons rig

Just now, HiFlyer said:

This is the part where I hold up the holy nda  of antioch as a shield

Yeah, me too.

But I hoped that you knew any video from the youtubers without NDA showing such waters.

5 hours ago, LHookins said:

Documentation is a little light.  It took me several hours to figure out how to get the camera the way I wanted, but I figured out the zoom before I even started my engine the first time.  Lots of ways to get the camera the way you want.

Note:  "a little light" = "none whatsoever, good luck figuring anything out"

Hook

Thanks for your enlightenment on that!

Even in default, still looks miles ahead. This is a base, imagine what can be achieved in a few years using this base! I haven’t been this excited for a sim since I purchased fs2004 from the local Best Buy that came in a fancy tin can! Man that was exciting, and I’m just as excited if not more for this one....this sim looks great! 

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Wow! I just found that Video painful to watch and especially only a week before release. I get it...lots of pretty pictures but good lord, from a flying stand  point it was just a dumpster fire. Many folks are betting that the released product will somehow magically be different but I just don't know at this point. I guess if you look at it as a nice viewer for bing maps then it is pretty nice but so far as a flight sim well.....it needs a lot of help. I hope there will be a way to get rid of those silly cars and statues that just stand all over the place. They are just a distraction. The clips I have seen in the last week or so has moved me from well maybe to nope I am going to wait and see.

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

In the end, its probably all going to depend on what people individually expect, and also what each person is looking to get out of it. 

I'm more interested in the updated graphics, but also understand both that there are limits, and that its still early days.

Someone more interested in systems, may find them lacking compared to legacy sims, but to me, that just goes back to the fact that its still early days.

Lets see where we are in a few years.......

See this is absolutely not what we've been told about this sim for the last 6 months especially. We've been told it's going to be amazing, perfect, it's going to outshine the other sims, correct all their flaws. To which I've always said, I'll believe it when I see it, only to get ridiculed by the MSFS crowd. And of course now that we are  actually seeing it, "it's early days, we know there will be work to do..."

Kind of interesting how the tone is changing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlosx said:

Yeah, me too.

But I hoped that you knew any video from the youtubers without NDA showing such waters.

This is why I am responding to people with things they can see with all the currently released videos everywhere on YouTube to see this stuff.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

10 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Kind of interesting how the tone is changing.

We thought there would be a bit more progress. 🙂  We thought the sim would have a little more time to bake.  Then we started seeing full videos from reviewers.

The real proof will be flying.  GA is better than airliner.  

And no matter what anyone says about flight models, I'm finding the GA aircraft to be very pleasant to fly.  Real life pilots on the Beta forum are a lot more forgiving than the simmers.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

15 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

We've been told it's going to be amazing, perfect, it's going to outshine the other sims

See this is why I don't understand those who may be disheartened to find out that not everything is going to be quite as rosy and perfect as they thought. Why did they think it would be perfect? I dont recall anyone from any of the marketing ads and videos promising that the sim would be perfect. Please give the link to that if I'm wrong but I cannot imagine that I am.

The hype was created mostly by fans of the series from what I've seen. There is going to be lots of improvements, and lots of ground work being laid to assure improvements in the future as well...but perfection? pffft, nah...there will be alot to like and there will also be alot of adjustments and growing pains as well. Nothing will be too good to be true out of the box, nor in 10 years even. Give & take folks...use common sense and temper your expectations.

It's going to take time to have all your favorite aircraft flying the way you want and all your airports and scenery just the way you want...and all the weather & atc as perfect as you can get it, etc. You should already realize this going in...stop buying into the hype, especially that which is mostly based on hope & imagination, not facts.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3