Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

St Maarten to San Juan (TBM930) (TNCM-TJSJ)

22 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Wow! I just found that Video painful to watch and especially only a week before release. I get it...lots of pretty pictures but good lord, from a flying stand  point it was just a dumpster fire. Many folks are betting that the released product will somehow magically be different but I just don't know at this point. I guess if you look at it as a nice viewer for bing maps then it is pretty nice but so far as a flight sim well.....it needs a lot of help. I hope there will be a way to get rid of those silly cars and statues that just stand all over the place. They are just a distraction. The clips I have seen in the last week or so has moved me from well maybe to nope I am going to wait and see.

You might be a real life pilot, and as such you probably hold MSFS to professional standards. However, as a simmer, I have never been so excited about a FS product before. One major reason for this is the fidelity of the world which simply is unparallelled. When it comes to the obvious shortcomings of the new sim, I am very hopeful that the competent team at Asobo and MS and their subcontractors will be able to solve most of the issues we are seeing with time. Some of the issues are, I understand from credible youtubers, on Asobo's top priority list (ie. the autopilot missing fidelity, and aircraft inertia, missing vnav etc). For pure IFR system simulations I will stick with xp11 and p3d for a while longer. But these sims don't hold my heart any longer. Exploring the world in MSFS is going to be my new found hobby and I'll quite happily do it in something low and slow (many of the GA are simulated with very high fidelity and don't have the issues that the tubeliners have from my understanding). 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

I get it! Some cities and airports look amazing in the new sim, but I expected that the Caribbean, Bahamas, Tahiti, and the Greek Islands would get some love. If the new sim failed to deliver one of the most iconic and premier destinations in the Caribbean, what Caribbean airports did they improve? TNCM is one of the most beloved airports in FSX. The dev team should have invested some time in making it look as amazing as the rest of the sim.

I also saw the LGSK video and I was not impressed. 29Palms has an amazing LGSK & LGSM and there's FlyTampa's Athens & Corfu. These destinations have been developed and they look amazing in P3D v4.5. I'm so disappointed with what I've seen that I'm very discouraged right now because I wanted to move on from P3D. I hope that they give tropical destinations the love that they deserve.

Lastly, I'm a big fan of GodZone airports. I saw a video of Nelson, NZ in MS2020 and I had to LOL. GodZone has some beautiful airports that I hope are updated. It would be a shame for me to have to keep P3D v4 on my computer when I'm ready to move on.

No rant! Just pointing out what's unfolding right in front of me.

You have to wait for some developers, what wil make a custom scenery. Do you understand, that there are exist about 40000 airports on whole Earth and many and many of this are significant for some groups of people? Maybe for you is TNCM one of the most iconic airports, but may not be so interesant for other people. It was absolutely impossible every airport made by hand, so ASOBO had to chose a small amount of airports (80/30), which they made in higher details manually and every other was made by AI with only a minimized manual intervention, otherwise MSFS will be release never 🙂 . I think, that other airports will come as DLC for some money, not as free upgrade MSFS, but AI will are still learning and will improve the automaticaly generated scenery.

Edited by ludekbrno

I wish he would be more specific with his observations.

What about the lfying didn't he appreciate...the physics, and why (inertia? something else?)

What does he mean by silly statues and cars? I thought it's in there only if it exists in the real life data? i.e., real roads are there so there are moving cars on it...real statues are there so they get added into the sim too...maybe I'm misunderstanding something...I must be.

Edited by hangar
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

What does he mean by silly statues and cars?

Sorry I was not more clear. I was refering to the "ramp workers" and the cars zipping all over the ramp doing 180 degree turns and pulling like 20 G's in the process. The tow drivers and vehicles just look like a cartoon. I know they were trying to add a bit of life to the ramp but that stuff IMHO is just distracting. To be honest, I never was all that excited by ORBX's little men walking around in circles.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Just now, shivers9 said:

The tow drivers and vehicles just look like a cartoon.

You can turn all that stuff off.  Similar to earlier sims, road traffic, airport traffic, etc etc.

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Sorry I was not more clear. I was refering to the "ramp workers" and the cars zipping all over the ramp doing 180 degree turns and pulling like 20 G's in the process. The tow drivers and vehicles just look like a cartoon. I know they were trying to add a bit of life to the ramp but that stuff IMHO is just distracting. To be honest, I never was all that excited by ORBX's little men walking around in circles.

Ah, ok gotchya. XP is also guilty of that, hehe.

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

You can turn all that stuff off.  Similar to earlier sims, road traffic, airport traffic, etc etc.

Hook

Well that is a plus for me. Thanks. All that would be nice but we know that it eats computer cycles but truth is some day when that stuff can be simulated to be more accurate then it would be very cool.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Like someone mentioned previous, its the base sim and how it runs on modern hardware that is most important. Finally we have something modern to look forward to and build on over the years. It's still extremely excited about what is in this sim by default. A few years from now even those will probably be replaced by new and improved addons, just like all the sims before it.  

• Like 3

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

Kind of interesting how the tone is changing.

The tone never changed for me......

I admit to being puzzled though. Were you, or somebody else out there honestly expecting an absolutely perfect product?

Microsoft/Asobo have made it pretty clear (I think) that they considered/consider this a long-term endeavor, and on their road-map they clearly list the upcoming product updates and cleanups on the way over the next few months.

Why would an absolutely perfect product even need updates? 🤔

What did we think they would be doing the next ten years?

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The bugs etcetera will all get worked out.  Regardless, it is the only sim I will be flying.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

What did we think they would be doing the next ten years?

Why, adding features, of course! 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I admit to being puzzled though. Where you, or somebody else out there honestly expecting an absolutely perfect product?

I think he is speaking about all of the abuse  including calling foks "Old men who are afraid of change", "P3D Trolls" and the like. Those of us who are "Young retirees" LOL were only trying to caution not to expect perfection on release and that burning you computer and not flying for a year might be a bit out there. It was stated many times that it was going to be some years before we would have the "Sim of the Gods" as I call it.

• Like 2

Sam

23 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Like someone mentioned previous, its the base sim and how it runs on modern hardware that is most important. Finally we have something modern to look forward to and build on over the years. It's still extremely excited about what is in this sim by default. A few years from now even those will probably be replaced by new and improved addons, just like all the sims before it.  

Exactly, give me a pretty World Simulator First then they can add the "Flight" sim part down the road!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Is all that stuttering normal?  I havent watched alot of videos but ive seen stuttering in every one which is killing immersion

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

17 minutes ago, rickgo said:

Is all that stuttering normal?  I havent watched alot of videos but ive seen stuttering in every one which is killing immersion

I suspect a lot of that has to do with the video capture going on but I must admit that it will be interesting to see after PDMG and Orbx and other old favorites get thrown into the pot.

Sam