Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

St Maarten to San Juan (TBM930) (TNCM-TJSJ)

37 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Exactly, give me a pretty World Simulator First then they can add the "Flight" sim part down the road!

Sure the flight model may not be up to snuff in some peoples opinion yet. But just as important as flying is in a sim, is weather. No other sim can touch this weather engine and sandbox. This thing hasn't even been released yet the sky is the limit!

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

I think he is speaking about all of the abuse  including calling foks "Old men who are afraid of change", "P3D Trolls" and the like. Those of us who are "Young retirees" LOL were only trying to caution not to expect perfection on release and that burning you computer and not flying for a year might be a bit out there. It was stated many times that it was going to be some years before we would have the "Sim of the Gods" as I call it.

I don't believe anyone is anticipating perfection, sir; however, when you see statements claiming the default FSX/P3D is better than MSFS' TNCM, you have to wonder about motives.  In short, there's lot of confirmation and selection bias as it relates to MSFS; concerning the latter bias, I suspect it has to do with the amount of resources (e.g. time and money) invested in a specific simulator (e.g. xplane or P3D). The supporters of said simulators are probably worried about the contraction of the P3D/Xplane ecosystems, which were thriving before MSFS announcement.  Said contractions would render the aforementioned investments inert; thus, forcing simmer to migrate to a new platform.  So, they choose to focus on the MSFS negatives, while simultaneously ignoring the two decades of advancements. I can understand this perspective, especially from older simmers who are simply use to FS9/X/P3D...the resistance to change is a REAL phenomenon and must be managed.  Yet, as PMDG stated, "the next-generation of simming is finally here!" 

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

I dont know if people are being bullies in private tells or over at the p3d or xp11 forums, but I haven't really seen any bullying here in the msfs forums. I've been on this board now pretty much every day for the past two weeks, and never did I see anyone call anyone any names.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

52 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I don't believe anyone is anticipating perfection, sir; however, when you see statements claiming the default FSX/P3D is better than MSFS' TNCM, you have to wonder about motives.  In short, there's lot of confirmation and selection bias as it relates to MSFS; concerning the latter bias, I suspect it has to do with the amount of resources (e.g. time and money) invested in a specific simulator (e.g. xplane or P3D). The supporters of said simulators are probably worried about the contraction of the P3D/Xplane ecosystems, which were thriving before MSFS announcement.  Said contractions would render the aforementioned investments inert; thus, forcing simmer to migrate to a new platform.  So, they choose to focus on the MSFS negatives, while simultaneously ignoring the two decades of advancements. I can understand this perspective, especially from older simmers who are simply use to FS9/X/P3D...the resistance to change is a REAL phenomenon and must be managed.  Yet, as PMDG stated, "the next-generation of simming is finally here!" 

You attitude sir is exactly what I was referring to. Good Day to you.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

29 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

You attitude sir is exactly what I was referring to. Good Day to you.

Uh, did you come here to get offended? He didn't say anything offensive, and he even called you "sir". His language was clean, and he introduced an argument based on logic and deduction. What is offensive about that?

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

19 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

and he even called you "sir".

When two people start calling each other Sir, it often ends up with pistols at dawn.  

Hook

• Like 6

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

When two people start calling each other Sir, it often ends up with pistols at dawn.  

Hook

What...... These guys?

NxKpCM.jpg

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

Do you understand

the words that are coming out of my mouth? 😀

Nobody understands the words that are coming out of your mouth. 😀

I am well aware of the enormity of this project. Thank you!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As release is coming closer, I think it's important to approach MSFS with as few preconceived opinions and expectations from previous sims as possible. 

Don't expect certain features to be there just because FSX or any previous MS Flight Sim had them. Don't expect certain cities or airports to be meticulously crafted on release just because these locations had a central role in FSX. The new MSFS is different, very different in many respects. Its whole design philosophy is, in many ways, a complete break from all previous MS Flight Simulators. In many cases, I think this is a good thing, but if you approach it with certain expectations, you might be disappointed.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

As release is coming closer, I think it's important to approach MSFS with as few preconceived opinions and expectations from previous sims as possible. 

Don't expect certain features to be there just because FSX or any previous MS Flight Sim had them. Don't expect certain cities or airports to be meticulously crafted on release just because these locations had a central role in FSX. The new MSFS is different, very different in many respects. Its whole design philosophy is, in many cases, a complete break from all previous MS Flight Simulators. In many ways, I think this is a good thing, but if you approach it with certain expectations, you might be disappointed.

I saw a lovely video today by Drawyah (look him up if you haven't already) flying from Tromsø to Oslo in Norway today, and to my shock and horror ENGM was absolutely gawddamnugly! The terminal buildings were nothing like real life (except for their basic geometric shape), and there was a whole forest placed on the taxiway that connects the east side of the airport to the west side. If you park on the oposite side of the airport you basically cannot take off from the oposite runway because you would have to taxi through the forest to get there. However, after calming down (hehe), I just have to accept that word not allowed happens. Surprising to see, really, because none of the videos so far has showed these kinds of defects in the autogen scenery for airports.

Worth mentioning, in the same video he overflew the city of Oslo, and I could even see the castle, the opera house and more. It looked fantastic! Also the mountain ranges enroute looked great, so I'm quite happy even though azure/black shark pooped on my capital's main airport. 😉

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

5 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Don't expect certain cities or airports to be meticulously crafted on release just because these locations had a central role in FSX. 

Don't expect two million cities as promoted by Asobo.....

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

10 minutes ago, Shug said:

Don't expect two million cities as promoted by Asobo.....

What do you mean? You think there aren't two million cities in MSFS?

I haven't counted them all, but so far, I've found every city, town, village or little hamlet I've been looking for, including the hotels where I stayed on vacation, in countries that were a complete wasteland in any previous sim.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Surprising to see, really, because none of the videos so far has showed these kinds of defects on the autogen scenery. 

But of course, that's what the testers are for. I suspect its more likely than not that any such error has already been reported.

In fact I know it has.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

50 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

55 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

LOL! You Sir are correct! 

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/