Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Whetton

Cannot get PMDG 777 module working

This is my setup where Linda is concerned

VRinsight MCP ver 1

Linda 3.1.1.854

PMDG 777 module 1.5

FSUIPC 4.975a registered

Once FSX is loaded and the PMDG 777 is selected the only switch that works on the VRinsight MCP is the F/D switch both on and off. It works the other way when I do mouse clicks on the PMDG 777s panel the result is reflected on the VRinsight MCPs display ie changing speed from 200 to 190 shows up as 190 on the VRinsight MCP. Trying to do it the other way, selecting speed 190 on the Vrinsight MCP does nothing on PMDG 777s MCP.

Ive done clean installs of Linda and the PMDG 777 module and FSUIPC. I have the QW787, PMDG 737NGX and PMDG 747 modules and they work flawlessly. I just cant figure out why the 777 module doesnt work. Apologies if theres an answer in this forum but I cant see it.

Edited by Bluepoint

Check that you have the correct PMDG 777 functions assigned to your MCP1 (original) knobs and buttons. These have the prefix PMDG. Because we do not have a MCP1 it is not always possible to generate the correct config-mcp.default file - this is the case with the PMDG 777 module.

You can see the correct functions if you edit the /linda-cfg/aircrafts/pmdg 777/config-mcp2.default or by selecting the MCP2 (Boeing) in the Setup MCP Combo page (remember to Save) and selecting the MCP Combo Page. Having noted the correct functions, select MCP1 (original) again and then manually apply the functions.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Glad to have helped.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have updated the PMDG 777 module to v1.5a to include working config-mcp.default file for MCP1 (original) users.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK