Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

BETA Testers - Request for C172 test flight

I switched from P3d to X-Plane with the C172 Simcoder REP addon.   A2A C172 on P3d was not capable of performing stalls in a manner suitable to support my real world training.   I was pleasantly surprised how well X-Plane + REP performed.   I continued to train throughout the Covid lockdown with my CFI/CFII using Skype screenshare.   

REQUEST:   Could a real world experienced C172 pilot or several put the FS2020 Beta C172 through its paces for ACS maneuvers, especially stalls (power on / power off / accelerated) and steep turns and turns around a point and slow flight?

Your rigorous feedback will be appreciated.   We were promised top notch physics by Asobo.   Specifically, Asobo said if you rush the airplane around after overshooting the base to final turn, you will have a stall / spin into the dirt.   They assured that would be modeled.   https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/maneuvers/base-to-final-turn/

What is the fact?  

• Upvote 1

You could be right, BUT I already saw one video with a comment from the Beta presenter saying that the terms and conditions are now more relaxed. 

Already one such video posted for the C152.   But it is from a non-pilot with zero real world experience.   

They have been relaxed for major Youtube streamers and flight sim websites but not for the majority to the testers. I suspect the Youtubers are still under some restrictions as to what they can and cannot say. Nearly all have been highly complimentary about the simulation which would strongly suggest they are limited to what they can comment on

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I see.   OK.   Guess I will remind here after the Aug 18th full release.   Unless AVSIM has a certified and major YT Streamer in residence??   

thanks

Here is a sample from early FS2020 footage.    10 months back.

Edited by Rmmm