Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

First Products Announced at Orbx

The more the merrier, but I'll wait and see. Have become a bit disillusioned with performance of some products and their attitude. I'll just say I'm not sorry to leave the stutters behind.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

Is anyone doing a Google Earth overlay for MSFS to make it more accurate just asking for a friend 😁 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

My God...

Their scenery is stunning with the new graphics engine of MSFS...

Gonna be hard to resist even buying areas I don't frequent often at those prices!

Chris Camp

KORS... my first purchase for sure... 🙂

Great news indeed!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

That is just insanity. I don't want to know how much storage space you need for a high-res capture like that.

Scary, isn't it?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

20 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Google Earth and Bing style photogrammetry certainly does have limits. On the gripping hand, I have seen other examples of photogrammetry where you might as well be there live.

The state of the art is advancing pretty quickly!

I know it's not a city simulator but a light simulator they're creating, but imagine the whole world in that detail. We never imagined that MS/Asobo would come up with what they have, so maybe in 5-10 years this will be the next step.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I will buy all of the landmarks packages. What an incredible idea.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

The ‘landmark’ package just shows the magnificence of the approach that Asobo have taken. 

The base quality of the autograph/AI is so good that all you have to do to massively improve an area is to build really quite simple landmarks. You don’t have to build everything from scratch, just make a couple of tweaks here and there and you’ve got an incredibly realistic depiction of a city with completely accurate landmarks. 

Theres a thread on here complaining about Washington DC. Just stick a few custom landmarks in there, a couple of colour/autogen adjustments and you’re absolutely laughing. 

Indeed, I think the new ORBX business model will be the new Landmark products, for example Landmark product for Germany South/North, Great Britain .. etc. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I wonder if users still need to buy FTX Global as a prerequisite before using any other Orbx products? 🤢

Give people power to really test their personality.

The more interesting question is: will there be a global version for msfs?

3 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

There’s no point. 

KBUR is a no brainer for me, I live right off approach end of rwy 15

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, SamYeager said:

I wonder if users still need to buy FTX Global as a prerequisite before using any other Orbx products? 🤢

FTX Global BASE is completely redundant in MSFS, as there's no landclass where replacement textures would be relevant.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Global version of what exactly?

2 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Global version of what exactly?

Of FTX. Who knows, maybe ORBX will find a way, to improve ground textures. Not everything is perfect. For instance, on some coasts the water is not dynamic, it's just texture. So I could image FTX Global fixing these issues globally. Although I am not aware if these issues are going to be solved with further asobo updates.