Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

First Products Announced at Orbx

7 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Of FTX. Who knows, maybe ORBX will find a way, to improve ground textures. Not everything is perfect. For instance, on some coasts the water is not dynamic, it's just texture. So I could image FTX Global fixing these issues globally. Although I am not aware if these issues are going to be solved with further asobo updates.

But these are not "textures" in the old sense, this is satellite imagery pulled off an external server. Works completely different from the texture and landclass method used under FSX / P3D, so you can't just whip up some textures and replace them globally. Any problems with the imagery would have to be manually edited in each area. 

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

But these are not "textures" in the old sense, this is satellite imagery pulled off an external server. Works completely different from the texture and landclass method used under FSX / P3D, so you can't just whip up some textures and replace them globally. Any problems with the imagery would have to be manually edited in each area. 

Valid point. Thanks for clarifying. So these undynamic water spots rely on the satellite images? Or has all the dynamic water on the coast been edited manually by asobo?

The livery's ?

1-5-1600x900.jpg

ApaF0B8.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Valid point. Thanks for clarifying. So these undynamic water spots rely on the satellite images? Or has all the dynamic water on the coast been edited manually by asobo?

Just relies on watermask settings defined during creation, how far out into the water the satellite imagery renders, when it turns into 3D water, how it blends between the two etc. which can cause some weird transitions, some attempts at getting the beautiful underwater colours but the 3D water not blending or even comes into play, stuff like that. Dealt with exactly the same using Ortho4XP under X-Plane. To get some beautiful watermasks, it would definitely have to be done by hand in most areas, as we saw with OrbX's TrueEarth stuff. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I really enjoy KBUR in P3d.  IMAGINE how much I'm going to enjoy it in MFS!!!  So glad to see ORBX step up to the plate this early, and the future will be even more exciting.

Stan

Just had this great news from Orbx, My wallet shaking violently.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198113-first-products-announced-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

Hmm interesting have these airports been completely been redone ?

or they ported over? And just tweaked a little?

mike

Interesting to see the prevailing sentiment change from ‘MSFS scenery is great out of the box, RIP Orbx’, to ‘Can’t wait to buy the word too unruly out of their product range’.

Kudos indeed for the pricing, and there are certainly enough imperfections and gaps in the default scenery to give the Orbx boys and girls projects for life! Hopefully they’ll keep their very reasonable policy about free lifetime upgrades too.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Its the combination of a sim that is enhanced by add-ons instead of requiring add-ons just to get started. buying an airport in x-plane feels like p--ing on a fire.. unless you only fly out of that airport you really havent accomplished much.. with MFS you have unique airports out of the box and but you can make them better with a bit of orbx.  and then the prices coming down to impulse buy range helps also..

• Like 2

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

16 minutes ago, Wewk584 said:

the prices coming down to impulse buy range helps also..

Definitely. TBH I wasn’t really thinking about getting the London landmarks as I don’t usually fly over London, but if it costs about the same as a couple of coffees, I’ll let the impulse take me over.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Orbx has been involved with MSFS and LM products long before people even knew the releases were upcoming.  Just look at those smashing graphics from Orbx in MSFS.  

Remember how Orbx convinced LM to do cloud shadows for v2 launch.  We all were in FSX and P3D1.4 days.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Just moved this to our MSFS forum. 

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Great news and the price is reasonable. Hopefully other 3rd party will follow through when it comes to pricing. 

I'm hoping to see a lot more landmark and city add-ons to improve the overall look, feel and detail of downtown areas. Would love to see city scenery for

1. Singapore
  2. Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
  3. Seoul
  4. Phuket
  5. Taipei
  6. Hong Kong
  7. Tokyo
  8. Manila
  9. Da Nang
  10. Okinawa
  11. Honolulu

Since MFS at the base of its foundation already has a solid foundation, it won't take much work to make some amazing scenery. I am so looking forward to MFS! Can't believe we're about a week away!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU