Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

First Products Announced at Orbx

Can this thread be removed please, I put it in the P3D forum in error and then it was removed and put in here.

Thank you 

regards

Richard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

8 hours ago, rgbinns said:

Just had this great news from Orbx, My wallet shaking violently.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198113-first-products-announced-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Regards

Richard

I merged your post into an existing post on the same subject. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Are the aircraft shown in the screenshots static?

I really hope not, otherwise this is surely a backwards step.

Lastly are they using custom ground vehicles that move, as apposed to repainted MSFS and/or static custom?

Trying not to sound negative here - I am a ORBX fan 

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Yes - as confirmed earlier on the previous page ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

42 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

I really hope not, otherwise this is surely a backwards step.

Lastly are they using custom ground vehicles that move, as apposed to repainted MSFS and/or static custom?

Trying not to sound negative here - I am a ORBX fan 

I am not a fan of static aircraft also but why would that be a step back? That's the way it is right now. Optional static planes which you can use if you do not have AI traffic. That way they don't hurt at all.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

15 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Google Earth and Bing style photogrammetry certainly does have limits. On the gripping hand, I have seen other examples of photogrammetry where you might as well be there live.

The state of the art is advancing pretty quickly!

Sold, that's the photogrammetry I want. Before any helicopters in the sim, it seems we need way more of those in real life. "The world is really big", as you know (L. Fuentes, 2020).

8 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Definitely. TBH I wasn’t really thinking about getting the London landmarks as I don’t usually fly over London, but if it costs about the same as a couple of coffees, I’ll let the impulse take me over.

Same here, and I´m getting the City airport as a bonus

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

As some have mentioned, there will be more city packs from Orbx to give a more authentic flavour to non-photogrammetry cities.

IMO, leveraging their TrueEarth and FTX region scenery POI objects, we might well see German cities not already covered by Bing 3D Cities, e.g. Frankfurt, plus the Dutch cities of Amsterdam and Rotterdam, and the UK cities of Edinburgh, Liverpool, Newcastle. Anywhere that has a lot of POI models already available for conversion to MSFS.

In addition, other developers will want to cash in on their assets:

• Drzewiecki Design might make Washington D.C., Moscow, and Warsaw available. 
  • SamScene will want to get their products out for MSFS ASAP. The developer has Amsterdam, Bucharest, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Osaka, Prague, New Delhi, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo in their product stable.
  • I also have a feeling that FlyTampa might provide some improved city scenery alongside the long-awaited Dubai and possibly a revamp of Hong Kong.

Plenty of potential to see more realistic cities in MSFS from 3PD city packs.

Edit: Just seen confirmation from the lead TrueEarth developer at Orbx that other major locations "certainly will be" available.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

21 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Has anyone seen the new ORBX announcement? Now that is what I am talking about! brilliant stuff. 

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-previews-products-coming-to-microsoft-flight-simulator-and-new-pricing/

I'll give it 1 year, and I think that is much to generous, 1 year and the only flight simulator anyone is talking about will be FS.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

16 minutes ago, F737NG said:

As some have mentioned, there will be more city packs from Orbx to give a more authentic flavour to non-photogrammetry cities.

IMO, leveraging their TrueEarth and FTX region scenery POI objects, we might well see German cities not already covered by Bing 3D Cities, e.g. Frankfurt, plus the Dutch cities of Amsterdam and Rotterdam, and the UK cities of Edinburgh, Liverpool, Newcastle. Anywhere that has a lot of POI models already available for conversion to MSFS.

I'm hoping that Orbx will cover these as areas rather than individual cities - which would be in keeping with their previous approach.

What is just brilliant is the fact that (as first off the block) they are likely to have set a precedent for other developers with regard to the pricing level. These are really sensible prices and I'm sure it will pay off for them massively. Good for them and good for us.

13 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

FTX Global BASE is completely redundant in MSFS, as there's no landclass where replacement textures would be relevant.

I know that and you know that but has ORBX removed that as a prerequisite? There was nothing about it in their announcement that I could see and their website hasn't been updated to show MFS products yet.

Give people power to really test their personality.

2 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

I know that and you know that but has ORBX removed that as a prerequisite? There was nothing about it in their announcement that I could see and their website hasn't been updated to show MFS products yet.

Orbx sells addon airports for AeroflyFS, which uses satellite imagery like MSFS. Orbx does not sell FTX Global Base for AeroflyFS nor is it listed as an requiremet for the addon airports for AeroflyFS. 

Orbx also sells addon airports for X-Plane 11, which does not use satellite imagery. Orbx does not sell FTX Global Base for X-Plane 11, nor is it listed as an requiremet for the addon airports for X-Plane. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

For those of us, who are unhappy with how London is represented in MSFS, there's good news around the corner:

Next to London City Airport, ORBX will soon launch a London city scenery for just US$7.99

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198113-first-products-announced-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/#

Whilst it's nice Orbx are covering this, I'm annoyed they've had to. MFS has really cut down on the number of landmarks in non-photogrammetric cities vs previous versions of flight sim.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

it's everybody's business whether they want to invest none, one or thousands of dollars in add-ons,

you are free to do what you like 😅

• Like 1