Sign in to follow this  
TallTanBarbie

Reality XP GTN 750/650 On The Carenado XP B58 Baron With REP

Hi Guys...How do you replace the two stock nav/radio boxes on the instrument panel with the GTN750/650?

I'm looking for instructions on how to do this.

Since it is listed as the 750 being supported then the instructions will be in the Carenado manuals.

Les O'Reilly

4 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Since it is listed as the 750 being supported then the instructions will be in the Carenado manuals.

Hello — I don't see a manual or any documentation specifically for putting Reality XP displays on the instrument panel.  I have found forum posts.  It seems you don't have to do anything except run the installer, follow the directions, then activate the plugin from within X-Plane.

I though it took manual editing of either graphics files or configuration files to do this.  

That's the good news.

The bad news is that I can only get the GTN 750 on the panel.  The window for the GTN 650 is still on the main screen instead of on the B58 Baron panel.

Edited by TallTanBarbie

Simply enable the GTN750 from the plugin menu and it will appear in the cockpit. And yes, only the 750 was planned by Carenado, as you can also see in the photo gallery on their site.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TallTanBarbie said:

Hello — I don't see a manual or any documentation

Windows Start menu, then click "Recently Added" (that presents a matrix of letters), click R, click Reality XP, then Users Manual.  If you have both the GTN and GNS series gauges there will be two Users Manuals.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I mean the Carenado Manuals -- On P3D they have their own installer that will config the cockpit model to swap out the RXP versions of the gauges....then you run the Reality XP plugin to get them up and running.  If they don't build the model with them then it is hard to get a decent VC replacement.

I use an external RealSimGear Control "screen/Bezel" that is a USB controller + Touch an is also and HDMI Monitor...

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

On 8/10/2020 at 12:16 AM, dvasi said:

Simply enable the GTN750 from the plugin menu and it will appear in the cockpit. And yes, only the 750 was planned by Carenado, as you can also see in the photo gallery on their site.

Thanks, I noticed that.  I saw some other forum posts about some guys trying to put in the GTN 650 in place of the 430 but haven't been able to get it working right.  At least the GTN 750 works.

• Like 2

@TallTanBarbie the product manual installs on your hard drive too, with a desktop shortcut by default (if you didn't uncheck the option).

Furthermore, Windows has a search feature. You might not know about it but it permits you finding most files on your system from just a few letters, like "manual" or "reality xp" or "realityxp" etc...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@TallTanBarbie the product manual installs on your hard drive too, with a desktop shortcut by default (if you didn't uncheck the option).

Furthermore, Windows has a search feature. You might not know about it but it permits you finding most files on your system from just a few letters, like "manual" or "reality xp" or "realityxp" etc...

Ha Ha.  For some reason the manuals either weren't downloaded or I couldn't find them on my system for some reason.

Thanks for the info.